• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  If your lost and you look you will find me; Any
    Leilan
    Two things happen when the bomb is dropped - and he did it so carefully! - and they seem to be quite opposite. One who was cold is melting, one who was warm freezes up. The winged man’s tension can be tasted, felt, touched and, of course, heard, but the latter is obvious even to the oblivious.

It’s a reminder of old times when Fyr unwittingly and subconsciously seeks protection by the scaled roan, even if he’s the one who dropped him here in the open. The notion that Aela might not be his birth mother passes and is lost to Leilan as he instead focuses on Nashua. In a distant sort of way this reaction is intriguing. His mind wanders back to the red woman’s visit to the Isle, during a party, here to sour the mood but instead using Leilan’s distraction as a way of gauging secrets. Secrets that the ice mage didn't quite have, in that sense of the word. Things that were common knowledge among those he trusted, she could have found out in any other way. But the dance, the game itself, it had been amusing, he remembers that.

Nashua is not amused, though, and he has stronger ties - even if by memory alone - to the striped pegasus than to his sister by blood. Fyr stumbles into a sort of apologetic explanation, to which the scaled roan finally reacts. ”Some would call this a hellhole, so survived may be a strong word.” Frankly, he is not that interested in stirring the pot that is Nashua in this moment. Something seemed wrong, but what exactly he couldn’t tell. His heart beats distantly under the ice, near but still far enough away not to bother the roan too much, yet close enough to serve as a reminder of something. Nash’s behaviour is odd, he concludes. Something in him seemed broken. But the ice is unable to repair any of it, if it ever was. Cold temperatures won’t heat up a broken heart; ice can only wall it in. Somehow he remembers that that is not what Nashua might want, so he leaves him be.

”Well, best keep looking then. I could drop you off at Taiga’s border,” he offers casually and matter-of-factly, completely ignoring whatever it is that is going on between the two on an emotional level. ”I haven’t tried searching through other canals than portals yet…” he adds, eyeing Fyr sideways - wondering aloud. There might after all be other planes of existence to contact… maybe.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@Fyr @Nashua anyone fancy a risky experiment that may involve a trip to the afterlife or similar?
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |