• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  now I'm gone
    This was going to be a sad post but I don't have the energy for that so it's just some quick stuff so I can get caught up on my timeline in my head.

--

Sickle does not struggle to get free of the dragon's claws, too stunned by her third kidnapping and by the bite of the claws into her skin that flickers between phoenix and filly. Oceanus keeps as close as he can, sending soothing thoughts through their bond as he tries furiously to keep up with the large dragon that is taking them away.

He closes the gap between them, and for a moment the filly and her companion are thrilled by his success only to discover it is because the dragon is slowing down. That mighty, terrifying head is drooping and a moment later Sickle's stomach lodges itself in her throat as they fall out of the sky.

They land roughly where the sea and forest meet at the south end of Beqanna, and Sickle is freed from the grip of her kidnapper when Mazikeen reverts back to a white mare. Stunned and terrified, Sickle listens as this near-stranger informs her that Wishbone isn't her real mother - Mazikeen is. Although not quite sure she believes it, there's no opportunity to ask further questions because her kidnapper passes out in the middle of uttering a warning for the filly not to run off.

Which she, of course, immediately does. Too confused and overwhelmed to notice the wounds from the claws have healed. Oceanus leaves her for a time, worried his bright blue feathers will give her away, and Sickle disappears into the shadows where she'll spend the next few seasons/however long it's been idk. When Mazikeen eventually wakes, she goes on the hunt but eventually abandons it and returns to Hyaline alone.

SICKLE