• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I can feel your heart hanging in the air
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

Whatever doubt that had been clinging to him fades with the power of the love that flows from her heart to his. He is unaware of how much she can feel of him, that she can recognize the honesty of his intentions and feelings that he sends back to her unbidden. He is most at peace here beside her when she is smoothing his unruly forelock and he cannot imagine that ever changing, even when he finally grows up.

He takes her council eagerly, nodding up at her with wide yellow eyes when a memory plays in his head. “That was you?” He whispers quietly, looking at her with confusion. He can’t believe it, that scared foal was nothing like the mare he curled into now. He is quiet for a moment as he replays the memory over and over in his head. The look on her face was so strange to him, he’s not sure he had ever trembled quite like that. Had he ever been truly afraid? He had known fear, the fear of the unknown, the fear of what he might become. But not like that. How could he when he had never truly been alone, not even in the den, not really.

There is another part of the image that bothers him and finally he looks back up to her and asks about it, that troubling thing nagging at him. “What happened to your mother?” He says cautiously, wondering about the spotted mare that had been beside her. Aela had never mentioned her before but now his curiosity was a wild thing, he wanted to know more about her. More about the secrets of the life his mother had lived before she had found him.

As for Firion….

She sighs and urges caution but does not tell him to stay away. Does not tell him not to see him. This is what matters most to him and so he is somewhat relieved. That uncertainty doesn’t fade though, it’s nearly impossible now that she had spoken aloud what he had wondered privately. "I will. I promise.” He says, both in regards to Firion as well as his pride in his own achievements. Speaking of…. Fire had been flickering down his spine during the harder parts of the conversation but now he wields it deftly, tosses it in the air around them and concentrates until they are surrounded by fiery stars. Like the ones Liesma could call down, a trick he had been working on but hadn’t yet gotten the courage to show her. “Play with me?” He asks her now, eagerness written on his champagne face as he can never get enough of the flames they can wield together.

fyr

@Aela