• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Hope is our four-letter word; Nashua
    Leilan
    There had been a spark of an idea before Lilliana disappeared behind the veil, stuck where others had found the way home. There had been an idea when Reave showed up in Nerine, displaying displeasure at the state the land was in.

Three brothers ruling a kingdom and its territories.

With it, the freedom to travel around the world without worrying about the state he left his residents in. They’d be under the right pair of wings. In the hoofs of someone who would be able to call him if needed, but capable enough to sort out the majority of the kingdom’s problems on his own.

Whether he knew it or not, Nashua had been born for leadership, and was technically raised for this position from the moment he decided that his home was Icicle Isle.

Like the blue-eyed chestnut before him, Leilan believed it was time to move on. So on the summer’s first day, he teleports to Nashua’s location (just for the fun of appearing in front of him, the way he had startled his twin brother). ”I’m leaving.” he says, dead serious because the first thing he’s going to do is try and find the missing mare.

For all it’s worth, he still means to keep his promise to Yanhua, after all.
    I don’t think the world is sold
    on just doing what we’re told

@[Nashua]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Perhaps Fate had always intended this moment for adventurous, thrill-seeking Nash. That the boy would wanted to see every mile of this known world would be firmly grounded by a throne instead. His first real flight had been to the Isle and it had been to Leilan that he had smiled at. It had been Leilan that he wanted to share that moment of pride with.

(And he can recall it vividly, even now. The black pebbled beach is one that he still lands on regularly. It's a place on the Isle that he is particularly fond of.)

Nashua isn't far from that Beach today, returning from another small respite with Noel and their growing children. Elegance was missing again, Luminesce was out trying her new wings (what a shock that had been). The triplets continued to thrive and the newest addition - Benjamen - had started to settle. The Hersir had returned to the Isle fully prepared to inform Leilan on the happenings within Taiga and news of Reave when the Freyr magically appears before him.

Lifting his blazed head, Nashua's pale nostrils at the shock of having the Northern King arriving so suddenly. The gust of magic that wafts off him rustles the dark brown wings at his side and the striped pegasus has to readjust them slightly. There are plenty of other things to speak of: how Yanhua seemed distracted, how he found Aela creeping along the Nerinian border (because what good could come from his sister?)

But @[Leilan] has other plans.

"Wha-?" the younger stallion asks sharply. Nashua looks up, searching the face of the man that he has considered a father. What had brought this on, and so suddenly?

"For how long?" he finally says, realizing that whatever has spurred this decision is one that Leilan won't be deterred from.

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]
    Leilan
    There is little to tell. Little to explain when there is so little that needs to be understood. Nashua has all the right instincts, and though he is surprised now, Leilan thinks he will know, in time. If he didn't already.

There is a corner of his mouth that twitches, moving slightly upward in his dark brown face. There is a flash of green in the magician's quicksilver eyes when the chestnut blurts out 'wha', though it fades when Nashua recovers, and the conversation moves from his initial surprise to resignation. "I made a promise to your brother, and to myself. It is still unknown what happened to your mother, and I'm going to find out. How long... I don't know." He shrugs a little - to him it's not that important how long it will take.

"Nashua, you will do fine. And don't forget, you'll never get rid of me. Your twin already found out how to call for me. Dreadfully annoying, but should you need to, I'll find a way home as quickly as possible." Which is quick, obviously from the serious but warm look in his eyes, even if he does use a playful undertone - as always.

"Please don't let the Isle melt while I'm gone. I do so like the cold."
    I don’t think the world is sold
    on just doing what we’re told

@Nashua
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |