• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  feeling a little bit boulder
    R I P T I D E
    Truthfully, he doesn’t really notice her ears. It hadn’t occurred to him that hers might be any different from the other ears he has seen—all he knew is his were different. He is different. Near as he could tell she looked exactly like everyone else; clearly more equine than anything, unlike him, who seemed to display far more reptilian traits. He was different, from the sharpness of his fangs and to the rattle at the end of his tail, and all the frosted scales that lay in between. And so he watches her closely, his snake-eyes seeming to narrow, as if daring her to make a comment. The rattles of his tail vibrate lightly against each other, already defensive for no distinguishable reason.

He almost wishes she would have just said something, instead of yelling.

He sighs, quelling the urge to roll his eyes, before speaking back to her just as loudly, “I can hear you completely fine.” The irritation is there at first, but Riptide was not really one to spend time being angry. It was a strange combination of his parents, much like the rest of him—his mother’s quick temper, flaring fast and hot, but quickly extinguished by the cooler, calmer way of his father.

“Sounds like they’re playing a prank on you,” he says, having already stepped to come alongside her. He shifts a rock into position using his tail, before giving it a swift, firm flick, sending the rock soaring into the water. “You know, just trying to see what ridiculous task they could get you to do,” he follows up with a short, amused laugh, tossing another rock into the water. “I’m Riptide, by the way.”
    — i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door —

@[Anuya]

Messages In This Thread
    feeling a little bit boulder - by Anuya - 05-03-2021, 07:17 PM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Riptide - 05-09-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Anuya - 05-18-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Riptide - 05-25-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Anuya - 06-04-2021, 10:05 AM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Riptide - 06-18-2021, 12:22 AM
    RE: feeling a little bit boulder - by Anuya - 07-11-2021, 07:44 PM