• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Bring me a raging tide so strong, to break this flower free
    Come ye now and break thy hold
    Genasi
    In and out, roll the salty tides that lap hungrily at the warm sands of the shore. The summer air was heavy with humidity, but the cool salty spray of the sea relieved a very sweaty grulla mare that stood on a rocky jetty overlooking the sea. She peered longingly over the mysterious blue depths, yearning to be swallowed beneath its ever churning surface. She had always wondered what it would be like, to live beneath the waves, like the many magnificent marine creatures she sees on the horizon. Always leaping and twisting in the air with such joy, absolutely free. Genasi took in a deep breath, drawing ocean air deep into her lungs before letting it out in a long sigh. She remembered her mother speaking of her kin, stories of stunning sea dwelling equines called Kelpies. Genasi had never seen a kelpie before, let alone her kin.  She knew only that her father's name was Ivar. Her mother wasn't keen on sticking to one place for long, so she was on her way shortly after conceiving Genasi. She wished her mother had chosen to raise her amongst her kin, but at least she still had Azlan. Despite never having been around her kelpie family, and did not outwardly have the scales or fins, the ocean called to her. Each crash of the waves, were the very beat of her own heart. Every day she ventured to the edge of the forest, to gaze upon the vast blue ocean. She couldn't bare it any longer, she needed to do something about it. She turned her back to the sea, and with a final glace over her shoulder, she began to push deeper into the forest.

She traveled for a long while, her yearning heart driving her toward the mountains. Deep down she was anxious, she had never been to the mountains. When she was a foal, her elder sister Pyrite had told her stories of the mountains, of how they were forged in Beqanna's cataclysm, how the horses of her generation had traveled there to ask for forgiveness and form the lands Genasi knew now. Though she had no idea if the stories her sister told her were true or if she had just made them up, Genasi still enjoyed them and still found herself in awe of it. She pondered for a moment, letting herself take in her surroundings. The forest around her was still thick with fragrant pines, though the path under hoof was beginning to slope upward and was becoming more tough. The path, once a soft dirt path cushioned by a blanket of pine needles, was now harder and mixed with bits of shale that crackled under her hooves as she pressed onward. Her turquoise tipped ears were pricked forward, angling slightly to listen for danger. The trees thinned and it was apparent now that she was on the mountain trail, carefully scaling its very difficult climb towards the summit. She was beginning to doubt herself as she reached mid way, seeming more to her like a whole other mountain's length away. She stopped for a moment, taking in a sharp breath of cold mountain air. Drying out her mouth and making her nostrils dry and sore. She was unsure if she should veer off the path to look for a stream, worried she would not find her way back to be lost up here for good. She was beginning to panic, but a voice inside her screamed for her to keep going. She shook herself, letting out a frustrated whinny. She was tired of being so meek, so babied. She was done being weak. She needed to press on.

The golden streaked mare trudged onward, closing in on the summit. Her legs felt like they were made of lead, so heavy. As hard it was for her, her determination drove her to push aside her anxieties and keep climbing toward her future. She shivered as a frigid breeze blew over her silky summer coat, it gave no protection in this weather. It ruffled her mane and tail, her steely eyes were mere slits against the cold dry breezes, she was not expecting it to be this cold up here. As she reached the peak, she startled briefly upon realizing how high up she had trekked. She backed up quickly and was unaware of the ledge she was creeping all too close to her as she panicked, as her hind hoof hit the edge, it faltered and her hind leg was jerked out from under her. Her legs flailed and loose stones were sent tumbling off the side of the mountain. She scrambled madly, letting out a shriek as she struggled to get her footing. She managed to kick down onto a small rock shelf just under the ledge and managed to haul herself back up onto the summit. Shaking, her courage took over, as she slammed her hoof down into the cold, snow dusted rock underneath. Furrowing her brow and giving a snort of pride, she looked to the skies and let out a call of victory. For she had made it to the top on her own. (though she did almost fling herself right off the side of the mountain to her death..) She was no older than 5, yet she had only lived her life being dependent on her family and friends, until now. She lived so long in fear and in the shadow of her great ancestors, she was done being small and insignificant. She wanted courage, she wanted to be like the glorious kelpie kin she had heard stories about. She wanted the sea, and to seek the mysteries that lie within the rocking blue abyss. She called to the faeries in the bravest voice she could muster, the wind almost cutting her words to pieces as they parted from her dark velveteen lips. 

"Great Faeries of Beqanna, I have climbed here to the peak of the mountains seeking a quest...", she let her words fall still for a moment, gathering her wits.

"I am tired of feeling meek, I want courage, to find it within myself. And my heart...it yearns for the sea. I feel there is something primal inside of me that calls for the sea. I ask you, please help me find this within myself. I feel like I could be so much greater. I would be eternally grateful.", she closed her eyes and bowed her turquoise laced head respectfully for a moment.

Her steely gaze pierced the sky as she stood proudly, shivering, atop the peak. She had faith that the fae would hear her call, having been raised with strong belief in Beqanna's ancient magic entities. She had never seen the Faeries, but she had witnessed what they could do, how they could effect the very world around her so drastically. These beings held power so ancient, so great. She was beginning to feel small the more she thought about them as she stood there waiting. She wondered if she was selfish asking for something like this, but there was no turning back now. 
    Or brace thyself for I do battle bold

OOC: Genasi would like to quest to express her sea serpent mimicry please! <3
    Nothing but the wind greets her, tugging at her mane and tail. If she listens closely, perhaps she will notice the sound of the waves in that wind, but it would be easy to miss. Easy to think that the faeries did not hear her at all....

Your quest was not successful. You can try again in 2 RL weeks.