• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they don't love you like i love you; any

Fen’s been here a month now, keeping to herself in the darkness, getting to know the land beneath her feet. Her favorite sleeping spot in a shallow cave on one of the beaches. The tide never reaches it, and sometimes she even burns a small fire to keep warm (fire obtained by help from passersby). She sleeps intermittently, between exploring and hiding, on a fluffy pile of palm fronds and plucked grass, even some feathers, topped with soft lichen.

The light wakes her up, the warmth washing over her like warm milk slowly wrapping her. She flutters her bright aqua eyes, blinded, she assumes she is dreaming. But the burn in her slowly adjusting eyes says otherwise – the sun! She clambers to her feet, looking around, blinking rapidly. Birds begin to cheer and sing, large macaws swooping down and sounding off in celebration. The wind blows through, clean salty sea air, everything comes back to life.

Once her eyes adjust, she cannot believe what she sees. Her heart alight – it’s even better than she imagined! It’s been ages since she’s felt genuine joy, perhaps not even since her childhood in the Meadow, but now she can feel it. Her body glows along with the beaming sun and she cannot hold herself back from racing down the onyx and beach, tail up, legs reaching in a strong gallop. Her stride violently chews the soft sand, flinging it in her wake, gauging huge scars into it only for the surf to wash it away like invisible ink.

anyone, and @[Gale] SHE'S HEEEERE 

Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale falls asleep as a stoat, curled tightly in a nest of black-furred companions.

The Curse takes advantage of his weariness and of the magical drain that keeping a shape while sleeping pulls from the Chief, and wraps the unconscious Gale in a dark blanket of shadow that will not clear till he wakes as a horse near sunset.

His body walks down the beach. Slowly at first, for the Curse has never tried walking before, but with steadily increasing confidence. Eventually he trots, then canters, then gallops down the beach, digging deep gouges with his hooves. He’s not going fast enough, even though his blue eyes stream with the wind, and between one stride and the next he becomes a bird, one that soars upward on a warm summer gust and then plunges back down to earth at breakneck speeds.

The adrenaline is invigorating, but the deeply sleeping Gale does nothing more than dream of flying. His body lands on the black sand as a pegasus once more, and he slows to a stop some distance down the beach from where the tricolored mare races. 

With Gale asleep, the curse has no reference for who the glowing creature is, but she is a pretty sight against the turquoise sea and he is content to simply watch her run by even if she does not choose to stop her race along the shore.

@[Fenwe]

If Fenwe were wiser, maybe even a bit keener with her senses, she may have realized something is watching her race down the beach. She’s unaware. She is a bunny in the open, feeding on clovers while the foxes are free to watch. Everything has been enveloped in such danger for so long, and with the light she forgets it momentarily. It is almost a delirium, her sudden happiness. When she skids to a stop, scarring the soft black sand, she’s astonished at the paradisiacal beauty. She huffs, she’s out of shape from spending months in hiding or sprinting from hidey hole to hidey hole. She did not see the pegasus touch down some distance down the way, and is distracted wholly by her surroundings that she misses him completely when she first looks about after stopping to take a breath.

Her smile is strong, her eyes swooping over everything she can see. And in the distance, her heart skips, she can faintly see some winged silhouette. She’s not sure, but she thinks it may be someone standing there down the beach, watching her. Could it just be a trick of the light? Her eyes still adjusting? Her ears raise, and her head straightens upright on her elegant neck. She is alert, but doesn’t call out, truth be told she feels a little fearful. She is not sure why, but her skin feels cold, and the sight of someone in the distance isn’t as pleasant a sight as she would have thought. She waits with a small lump in her stomach and an unsteady heartbeat. Was that Gale? her expression scrunches with the question whirring in her mind, her aqua eyes squinting. She almost says 'Hey there!', but swallows the words last minute and remains silent, staring back at the figure.

does curse @[Gale] look the same as regular gale lol

Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He knows the moment she sees him, recognizes the curious perk of her ears and the way she turns her head to better see him. She doesn’t come any nearer, but neither does she move away.

Gale begins to dream about swimming as his body moves closer to the spotted mare.

He looks like he always has, tall and pale-maned, his coat a deep navy that shimmers with iridescence beneath the recently returned sun. He smiles, and the expression is charming. It even reaches his blue eyes, perfectly convincing and taking full advantage of Gale’s good looks.

“Looked like you were enjoying the sunlight,” Gale says, adjusting his voice to reach the mare wether or not she’s decided to come closer when he stopped moving toward her. “Felt like it was dark forever.” He says, and he’s looking out at the horizon when he says it, as though he’s not saying it to her as much as just saying it at all.

@[Fenwe]

ooc: yes! :)

It is Glen!, er, GALE! She’s relieved to see it is so.

She calls out to him, walking closer as soon as she recognizes the one who invited her here, the keeper of this place. His smile would have drawn her closer if she were not already coming forward. But she is genuinely happy to see him and closes the gap quite quickly. “Yes,” she giggles, pretending to gasp, “my gods! I thought the same thing..forever.” she looks over his gentle face, smiling just as warmly back to him. Her scales twinkle like glass in the sunlight, the wind picking up her thick pale hair to make it dance like silken waves across her face and neck. She matches the seashore atmosphere – the blues, greens, white and metallic gold her shimmer like the waves crashing under the summer sun.

And those demonic monsters.” she shivers, flicking her long luscious tail to splash across her hips. “Many did not survive.” she pouts for a moment, squinting at the horizon to keep from falling into too much of a dreadful feeling about those that did not make it. She recounts that her mother and grandmother are both alive, and her grandmother is so…so..so elderly. Not an immortal elderly, either. Just. Elderly. (In her g-ma’s defense she’s looking to change this, asap.)

I was so relieved when you found me in the dark, that time in the Field.” she smiles, bringing her eyes back from looking at the sunlight sparkling in the churning waves, settling them back onto his handsome face. “It already feels so much like home.

@[Gale] for timeline sake i thought i would get to this one first XD
    onto the next Heart