• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  out of your head
    Beyza
    Her unblinking gaze tracks Tiberios when he moves out of the water, turning her body in his wake. Beyza thinks that he tries to respect her personal space, or at least tries to with what space there is, but she doesn’t move to assist in that at all - a glimmer of amusement flicking across her pale features.

That amusement blossoms into a light laugh when he remarks that she had underscored how old her parents were - which was probably true. To her, everything that existed before she did was all the same - it was before. She vaguely knew a little about the Reckoning, but perhaps that proved his point - her parents had existed long before that and it had not really been a part of their history.

Beyza attempts to remind herself to blink now, to move a little bit so she is not the statue she reverts to when she’s at ease, while she listens to the piece of Tiberios’ history that he offers her. There are so many questions buzzing around in her mind, though not all of them are polite to ask of someone she’s just met so she keeps them tucked away. They only increase in number as he continues, until she’s practically bursting with them - to the point where she’s tempted to just get the answers herself, to see if that is something her magic will let her do, with or without his permission.

That temptation does not last long, though, because she is enjoying this chance encounter.

She’s absolutely fascinated by him now, no judgement passing across her features or in her voice when she responds truthfully. “I can’t fault you for that at all.” Her magic stirs at even the faintest inclination to help in whatever capacity, and that in turn aids her in deciding which of her many questions to ask as she regards him. “Do you know who murdered you? Or what?” She supposes that there is a good chance she won’t recognize the name even if he does know it, but she’s curious all the same.

@[Tiberios]

I can see the fire's still alight

Once upon a time in a land far away from this one, Tiberios had come across another magician. He had little to no inclination that Beyza was one, so different were her mannerisms and casualty compared to the encounter he’d experienced years ago, and he’s forgotten the name of that magician as well - though he’d be hard-pressed to forget the way he’d been bound by chains and made to suffer while one of his daughters looked on. Time is good at blurring the lines, making things seem less significant, or perhaps it was Tib that grew to encompass them.

Either way, he holds nothing against Beyza. Not her lack of movement, or her stillness in comparison to the shifting world around her. She was as perfect a horse as Tiberios had ever seen, which was a solid compliment since his father had been a literal angel. If she had faults (he couldn’t help but smile to himself) they weren’t apparent to him. Besides, she’d just spent the last hour or so listening to his pity party.

If that wasn’t a power in and of itself, Tib wasn’t sure what was.

He finally looked at her. Really took her in without speaking, studied the imperceptible edges of her face that (to him) held no solid shape. She seemed to glow even in the scattered sunlight, felt more like an idea or an entity rather than a living, breathing creature, and in that small aspect she reminded him of Tiphon. He believed her when she said his past and present predicament wouldn’t be held against him.

“As if it were yesterday.” Tiberios smirked at last.

He blinked away a sudden pain, like the one you get from keeping your eyes open too long, and continued. “I was on my way to the Dale.” His story both began and ended. “The path took me across the beach and I noticed something… more like some horse, eating the flesh of the dead.” His expression darkened. Tiberios was there, now, drawn back to that time and place where everything had gone awry for him.

“I confronted them. Him; I’m almost certain it was a stallion. He was the strangest color: a noisy clash of greenish blue on the top that faded down into a darker blue on his legs. It took only a second because I hadn’t been expecting it, but I rushed him. He shifted into an animal, a wolf. A hulking, black wolf that lunged at me and caught me by the throat. We went down together and I should’ve burnt him then.” Tiberios cut off, frowning as he came back to the present.

He sighed. He’d just let slip his own ability but Tib was far from caring. “I was worried about killing him. In the struggle he got the upperhand and I died, heavy with an unfulfilled spirit.” He chuckled sarcastically, trying once again to meet Beyza’s eye.

“It would be easier if I could show you, or give you further explanation but I can’t. I was kind of hoping that perhaps your parents might know a horse who fit that description.” Tiberios admitted sheepishly. “My only point in living is to find this asshole, so I’m grasping anything I can.”

@[Beyza]

Beyza
    Beyza watches him in her still manner as he tells her the story of how he died. No sound or reaction comes from her, letting him get it all out. She enjoys watching the features of others when they speak - they are so much more animated than she is. It’s something she’s especially loved with her daughters, the three girls so full of life and laughter that it sometimes spills into her by accident.

She finds herself wondering whether any of the souls she killed would tell a story like this if they came back to life. Would they seek revenge too, even though she had been putting them out of their misery? It is an uncomfortable thought and she shifts slightly where she stands - refocusing on Tiberios and his story so she will not have to suffer the guilt that has been steadily growing since she met Este and discovered the eclipse she had wanted did not bring joy to everyone.

She wonders, but does not ask, whether he really thinks he’ll be able to kill this wolf-stallion when he had not been able to the first time. It would be interesting to see, either way.

At his comment about if he could show her, Beyza a small smile lights up her pale eyes. “You can show me, if you’d like. I can… I can look, if you hold the thought in your mind.” She doesn’t need to, but she takes a small step closer. “And then I could ask them right now. Send the image of him to them and see if they recognize it?” It would be an exhausting thing to try, she thinks, but she’s never sent a thought such a great distance - to three minds where she does not know exactly where they are. She’s spoken to her daughters in a similar manner, checked in on them to see what trouble they were causing when she was not around so she could interrupt it. She’s curious to try, a little more interested in testing the boundaries of her magic than helping him - though the fact that it will help is an added bonus.

@ Tiberios