• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Midsommar!
    Exclamation 
    Hello all Beqannians,

Now that the sun is back and it is conveniently summer in Beqanna, please join in for the celebration of Midsommar Highland Games Fair! The longest day of the year is a tradition in the north, and a celebration we cannot neglect now that we have learned how bad life is without sunlight.

A portal will be made available for those who are afraid of the cold water far away and/or don't feel like travelling that much. One will be placed in the Meadow so anyone can come, others can request to be picked up.
    This wintry-themed fair will be held in the southern, more grassy part of the Isle and the place will be lit all day and night to celebrate life and the return of the sun.

Fun things include:
    *ice mirror maze
    *igloo building competition
    *tracking/hide&seek game in the forest (watch where you're walking! There's still ash sometimes)
    *for the brave adventurers, a trip to the heart shaped lake through the everlasting snow, for a dance around the pretty blue-flamed tree
    *for even braver adventurers, we can organize a highland games tournament to test your strength and determination
    any and all are welcome, on the condition that nobody is attacked in some way by another guest (something to do with angry magicians and dragons and stuff)

FAQ
    When is this happening?
    I'll post a starter this weekend, that is April 10th. If you want to do some separate threads, go ahead!
    Where?
    Icicle Isle
    How do I get there?
    The short route is through the suspicious looking ice-cave-entrance that has no actual cave behind it, and leads to what looks to be the northern lights. This will appear in the Meadow. Alternatively, wish for it really hard and perhaps you'll be heard by a certain new magician (=send Vanilla a DM). Of course, many horses also have legs so walking, swimming and for the lucky few, flying, is also an option.
    I thought this Isle was burnt, will there be any food?
    Excuse me, that was obviously ages ago (yes, okay, there may be magic involved)

CHEMBUM SHALL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON [not literally, but idk maybe literally]

...also, races just for fun? i always liked those. you can use dice roll to determine winners.

<3
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
    —  Hunter S. Thompson

snowphish, city, oleandar, wrena, kota, let, seasick
    chemdog, klaus, padmé, fenwe, claudia, mourna