• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Catch that mirror way out west - Any

The light that meets the dark

Her name… her name? It wasn’t fae, though for some reason that was the first thing that came to Cheri’s mind. No, no it wasn’t. She was confused; it was him mentioning the fae that she was thinking about. He’d yelled something about them through the rain, right before the lightning had struck, but Cheri hadn’t heard him clearly enough. Why was she trying to remember her name then?

“Ow!” She snorted painfully as the black yanked her back onto her feet, the sudden pain adding to the pressure in her skull but (mercifully) bringing her clarity anyways. He let her go and Cheri splayed her legs apart from one another, wings drooping in the thunderstorm that was raining buckets onto them both. With one eye closed against the throbbing, Cheri recalled what he’d said.

He was berating her again. They should’ve quit arguing by now, as senseless as their squabble had become. None of it was intellectual anymore and Cheri wasn’t sure where it was headed, truthfully. The weather was clawing at her skin, whipping her mane into her face and pulling her tail up against her hind legs. She ignored him in the present, since he seemed to be avoiding her like the plague itself, and turned to look around her for some sort of cover - anything that wasn’t a lone tree in the middle of a meadow just screaming for a bolt of lighting to hit it, too.

The world was darker than before. She couldn’t make out much, and there’d be no flying home now. With a strange feeling of dread beginning to build up in her chest, Cheri turned back to look at the stallion. He infuriated her - or at least he had - and he’d just bitten her. She was truly a rare breed of idiot to keep falling into the same kind of discussion with him, knowing better than ever where it would lead her, but she rebuffed his claim anyways. “Then why did they call on me? Why did they lure my loved ones to their deaths?” She screamed at him, clenching her eyes shut from the throbbing pain afterward. “Screw this asshole!” She thought.

“If you know them so well, tell them to keep me - Cheri - and my family out of their damn business!” She growled over the tremor of the rolling storm, unable to open her eyes again as the pain ebbed and flowed. One second it was a hot pincer of molten iron pressed in between her eyes and the next, it receded to a dull throb. She narrowly opened her eyes against the onslaught of rain and turned around, staggering at an angle against the wind as she tried to make her way step-by-step toward the foothills of the Mountain she’d just cursed. At least the cover there would provide some relief from the storm. She couldn’t care less what happened to the lowlife she’d just met.

Her hoof caught the edge of an exposed rock jutting up from the ground and she stumbled, cursing aloud. In response the wind changed direction, battering her from the opposite side, and Cheri hated the situation even more - she felt exposed, showing how weak she was physically when confronted with external hardships, even if she felt strong enough mentally to combat a bully’s abuse. “You stay the hell away too, you monster!” She warned him, unless he got it into his head to try and savage her again with another nasty swipe of his teeth.

@[Obscene] did you really think I was going to let you win the post-a-thon?

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

There is a moment when his mouth meets her skin as he grabs her, straightening her and steadying himself beside her. A moment when he realizes just how long it’s been since he’s touched another equine and even longer that he’s been touched back. The fire in his heart, that once blazed with the passionate heat of his hatred, seems to sputter out and return back to the cold thing it was use to being. Instantly he misses it, being able to feel something. He also finds that the rain drenched scent of her is overwhelming him and he bites down perhaps a bit harder than he had intended. She cries out in pain and he releases her instantly, side stepping away.

They are caught in a physical storm but there’s an emotional one of his own making that tornados within him. There’s not much time to process that or the things she screams at him because the weather has gotten much much worse. The only thing he really catches is her name, finally. Cheri He says it over and over again in his mind, lets it slide and hiss across his tongue, and a small coal of hatred keeps the ember burning. She’s headed for cover near the base of the Mountain and there’s really nowhere else to go so he does the same, thinking of her name.

He slowly follows her, not nearly as clumsy as she is but he struggles against the wind and rain just the same. He does hear her demand to keep away from her, calls him a monster. A wide smile finds his lips but it’s not because he’s happy. A reactive response when he’s uncomfortable or even nervous, unable to process those emotions correctly. It’s not missed, the way she stumbles like a newborn and he can’t help but huff in amusement. It doesn’t register that all this is because of her. It wouldn’t surprise him either. Because of course she would wield magic, of course this pampered popular special child of this world would have an ability like weather manipulation. For now though he is ignorant to the true nature of this storm.

When there is some slight cover to dip beneath, he keeps his distance from her although the probing red gaze doesn’t waver from where she winces in pain. It comes to him now, what she had originally cried out at him in fury, about losing loved ones. There is nothing in him that can relate. He hadn’t lost anyone, they had left him. Knowingly. His voice is flat when he finally speaks and his fiery gaze is turned back into the open darkness they had left. “Fae do not control death.” He states, just loud enough to be heard over the continued crashing above them. “They tell riddles, they trick unsuspecting ignorant horses, they play with magic as if it’s nothing but they do not control the whims of death.” He pauses, continuing to keep his gaze elsewhere. “Fae cannot lie. Ask them if you don’t believe me.”

The smirk is plastered back on his features, the look of disdain when he finally looks directly back to her. The hatred curdles on his tongue as the venom comes shooting out of him with intensity. “You think you’re special. With your wings and jewels and family. Look how well all that serves you now. Here alone with me.” He laughs cruelly, exposing white teeth as he shakes damp raven strands from his face. “Are you even worthy of any of those things?” Choking on his own bitterness as he takes the hilt of his dagger and tries to drive it deeper. What he really wants to say is poor little old you, having loved ones to lose in the first place. But it reveals too much and he holds that too close to his tiny withered heart. Instead he lets the hatred fan and feels it burn within him. Wanting nothing more than to drink away the feel of her name in his mouth, drink and forget the way she looked at him that made his pulse quicken.

It’s obvious that she despises him now, perhaps even fears him, and that was what he had wanted in the first place. Right? The grin is spreading as the complex range of his emotions sweep over him as he finally says, "I may be Obscene but at least I know what I am worth.” And with that he lets the darkness embrace him, disappearing from her view. Melting away into the night like he was nothing. The exact amount of his worth.

Obscene

@[Cheri] Checkmate ;p
    Also we need a new thread asap <333