• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the wind plays a haunting tone, chemdog
    -

Afraid to suffer.
    This stays with her.
    Even more than the growl that sprang forth from the shadows.
    The footsteps.
    The warning he breathed into her neck.

The way they moved in step toward the River.
    Quickly.
    Quickly.

Because he was afraid to suffer.
    And the darkness had teeth.
    And electric red eyes.
    And such a vicious hunger.

And she was not afraid to die.
    She had died so violently once.
    But he was afraid to suffer.
    So they had fled and the words had echoed hollow in her head.
    Afraid to suffer. 

All the way to the river she had thought of the ways she had suffered.
    The child, the child. 
    It was the child she remembered.
    The teeth.
    How she had died so it could live.
    How it had killed her so that it could live.

Did that make it a monster?
    She never even had the chance to give it a name.
    And what do you name a thing like that anyway?

Was it the child that stalked them through the darkness?
    How could she ever know?
    Would the water protect them?
    She was not afraid to die but he was afraid to suffer. 
    And why should this soften her to him?
    Why should this make him seem more real?

They arrived, finally, at the edge of the River.
    Behind them, the shadows did not stir.
    The thing had found other prey.

My name is Bible.
    What was the purpose of this?
    Was there some part of her that wanted him to find her should they become separated?
    Some part of her that wanted him to have something of her to hold onto?

She was no romantic.
    Too old, too battered.
    But there was still a heart buried beneath the gleaming exterior. 

ever since i heard the howlin' wind
    i didn't need to go where a bible went

@[Chemdog]  Heart

The journey to the River passed by him like water through fingers – a cold, fervent blur of darkness and stumbling. They escape whatever chased them before, narrowly able to skitter off with their lives and hides intact. Well, he pauses, she’s a living metal monument to herself… can she even be hurt? He doesn’t wonder this for long, bumping his warm fleshy nose against her hip, and then her ribs as he moves to pick his way down the sandy slope to the pebbled edge of the river. His heart thumps in his chest, loud enough to be picked up by careful ears, he wades in to his feathery ankles and takes a long, relieved drink.

Beqanna twists and cracks, erupting in chaos around them. It’s only the beginning, he’s sure of it. Would he survive this? He brings his head up and looks back over his shoulder, he can barely see her in the pitch black, but her shiny surface reflects what dim light is quickly fading away. Frigid water drips down his chin, down his neck and chest to return to the gently rushing waters at his feet.

Have you seen anything like this before, Bible?” he makes sure to say her name with a different sort of care he gave the other words carved from his granite voice. He liked the feeling of it, the sound. He stays down in the water, but turns to face her, looking up to her silhouette (unless she came down with him). He did not like being scared, being reminded his fleshy vehicle is a pray animal. Its off-putting to his smooth, casual nature. He tries his best to keep steady, and focusing on her appears to be the best remedy so far.

CHEMDOG
    to the window, to the wall

@[bible]  Heart

so the sun is back lol i was thinking since they started this in the beginning maybe they linger (couple more posts?) here together for a bit and maybe get separated in another attack or something and then meet up again in the sunshine Tongue
    -

Strange to be touched by something real when she is not real anymore.
    When she is something Other.

Strange to be touched so casually.
    A hip. The swell of her ribs.
    As he passes her by on his way to the river.
    And she watches him go.
    Dwarfed by the sheer size of him.

He could kill her, too. If he wanted to.
    Would she let him?
    Why not, she thinks.
    She has been killed by less.

Thirst itches at her throat but she does not follow him to the river’s edge.
    She listens to the way he says her name.
    Bible.
    Marble.

She shakes her head. 
    Leans the hard edge of her hip against the soft flesh of his.

Too old to think much of it.
    She has seen such strange things, Bible.
    She has been so many terribly strange places.
    But these things do not belong here, she knows that.

No,” she says. A lie.
    But there are so many things that she cannot explain.

She blinks down at the rushing water.
    It speaks.
    And she wonders what it’s like to have so much to say.

She turns to look at him.

How will you make it to the place you were headed now?” she asks.
    The gilded tongue curling coyly at the end. 
    She had asked him not to leave and he had said he wouldn’t.

@[Chemdog] that absolutely works for me!! i really enjoy writing them together lmao

The only sounds are their heartbeats, breathing and rushing river water. In memory these moments with Bible will be fond, and his most raw to this point in his life. This event is unlike anything he’s ever seen so when her quick lie leaves her metallic lips, he is none the wiser. He takes a deep breath, still ankle deep in the river looking up to the golden woman on the bank.

I’ll get there eventually.” he climbs up from the water as if pulled by a string, lead by his nose, he reaches her in only  few digs of his big feet up the soft soil at the river’s edge. He wants to ask her where she is going, where she lives, anything, but instead his nose presses intimately against her chest and shoulder, ever so gently scraping his teeth along her metal ‘flesh’ He can’t say anything, curling around the back of her to stand at her shoulder, touching along her neck, he seems unable to help himself from touching her. It’s not clear if he’s making much effort to stop himself, working his way to her lips, to touch his to hers.

He's wrapped in the moment. The black outside falls away from his reality.

CHEMDOG

i love writing them too!
    he's totally fascinated with her
    he may ruin it by being a weirdo but i cant stop him XD
    maybe the monsters will save him from embarrassing himself

Heart @[bible]
    -

Eventually.
    Eventually, she thinks.
    Eventually she will have to find somewhere to go, too.

She had been looking for someplace when he’d found her.
    He had not asked her to join him.
    She had asked him to stay.

She shifts her weight and releases a metallic breath.
    Where will she go?

It does not matter.
    All thoughts scatter as he wanders back up onto the bank.
    Touches her gilded chest.
    No hesitation.
    Like he was built to touch her.

Can he feel the place where the child broke free?
    Where the child killed her so it could live?

She is not swayed to softness by his touch, Bible.
    She is not a soft thing, death made sure of that by spitting her back up something made of metal.
    But the pulse accelerates beneath the weight of his mouth.
    And she turns her head to watch him curl himself around her.
    He comes around to her shoulder.

What a delightful thing it is to feel so small.
    He could kill her, too and she would let him. 
    But she is an untouchable thing now, she remembers.
    She is not breakable like she was once.

She reaches out to touch him back.
    How different real flesh feels beneath the metal mouth.
    She pulls back the gilded lips and takes that flesh between her teeth.
    Gently, gently.

Something stirs in the shadows and she abruptly turns her head.
    Whatever had moved goes suddenly still.

Will you take me with you?” she asks.
    Never too proud, Bible.
    Wherever you’re going.

@[Chemdog]

The world fell away and he wraps her, cloaking her cold metal with the heat of his skin. Fogging her glossy surface his breath. She had been alone when he found her, and she was in the place you go to put yourself on the market – to be snagged and brought home to somewhere. In truth he had nowhere to go but Leilan’s tundra – it was nothing shabby, but he didn’t love it; it didn’t feel quite good enough to offer her once he met her.

And now.
    Now it was even, deeper? More strange? It felt more intense with her, somehow, than any of his other encounters in the Field.

He wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, of her, of the entire scenario. But her teeth on him, the pressure and the pinch; he groans. He catches himself closing his eyes and slipping away, into the blank mind that drives a male and a female to tangle together. To fulfill nature’s demands, their body’s demands. He always loves giving way to that wave.

But the world comes crashing back. Just before he would be slipping into the carnal void, he hears something, and so does she. Frustration and fear bubble to his surface and he growls at nothing. Her voice breaks through, and suddenly he’s faced with her question. “Yes,” his answer pushes from his body as if it couldn’t wait a second longer to burst out. The sounds of doom close in, snarling, clicking of claws, something had found them.

He nips her shoulder, guiding her quietly to follow him as he slips away like a cat. He would bring her to Leilan’s Isle, his home, but this would not do for long. He won’t think about these things on the way though, he will only think about getting her there, keeping her with him.

CHEMDOG

OMG this is the cutest!

okay so! my timeline is all janky lol so technically in this time period Chem still lives in Icicle Isle. if its okay i was just going to assume they go there and continue their- whatever theyre up to here haha, and we can fast forward in the next thread, and by then he can perhaps be bringing her to silver cove to show her her new home? something to that effect anyway lol

@[bible] Heart