• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the tide is brave but always retreats; colby pony

He is quiet as he moves through the dark, and though his pale brown eyes wander they rarely linger long on anyone he finds. This is a world drained of color, of light, and he can feel the weight of it like a stone in his chest where his heart used to be. It is more than this unending night, more than the stars that are too shy too shine. It is more than the sun and the moon who seem to have abandoned the world in favor of this new imbalance, this strange togetherness that leaves the world below in ruins.

It is the life that has gone from everything, the warmth he had loved so well.
    It is the families reduced by half, and the bones strewn through wilted grass like empty constellations.

This is not the world he had fallen in love with, but it is the only one left and he doesn’t know what to do with it.

He reaches water without realizing he had been tracking the sound and shush of it, the smell of cold and fresh and always new. But it moves steadily past him now as he draws to a halt and looks down. It is a stream, usually unimpressive but much fuller now with the snowmelt and early spring rains. It swells outwards along the bank, close enough that he should be able to see his reflection, but when the quiet eyes search for the familiar silhouette the only thing he finds is any clarity is the halo of light reflected back from the sky above him.

Tension builds and settles in his shoulders, thickening the lean muscle along his golden back and across his hips. Even those eyes, always soft and gentle, a shade of brown so light and warm they might be honey half-disappear beneath a scowl that robs all the kindness from his face for just a moment. But he has never been good at holding onto the dark and it slips away from him almost immediately as he turns from the reflection to walk instead with the burbling stream at his side.

He is quiet as he walks, focusing only on the sound of the water at his side and the junction ahead where it connects to the roaring river. There is too much weight in his chest, too much weariness in his heart, and for now it is all he can do to push the lingering anxieties aside and think only of the world around him while it slumbers and nightmares in odd perpetuity.

This time when he reaches the water's edge, he stands close enough that it laps around his hooves, close enough that when he leans down he can touch the navy of his nose to its own reflection. His aura is muted in the dark, or perhaps muted by the dark inside his chest, but he studies it for several long moments while white and yellow and orange swirl together to create something murky and unfamiliar. He is used to his blues and greens and this makes him feel like a stranger inside his own body.

Then, with his aura flaring suddenly bright white, he shatters the reflection with a strike from his hoof and starts to turn from it. But the distortion seems so like what he feels inside his chest that it robs all the motion from his body until he feels as stiff and unyielding as any of the giant oaks in the forest beyond. “Who am I anymore?” A quiet voice to match a quiet heart. He blinks and then closes his eyes, opening them only when the sound of something nearby warns him of company. Still, like the trees, he is unmoving.

WEB

@[The Monsters] please mess with his dream teleportation and super senses
    @[Colby]
    @[web] your dream teleportation has mutated into sabre-toothed cat shifting and nothing happens to your super senses
    someone will love you but someone isn't me --

She can’t bring herself to care about the dark or the eclipse, and she isn’t sure what that means for her.

The numbness that has settled in her chest feels heavy as a stone, unmovable from where it has decided to lodge itself. Her memories—the things that somehow she knows are missing despite not remembering them—remain locked away, hidden behind that fog-like veil that is more infuriating than this endless night. They are right there, drifting behind the haze, always taunting her. Sometimes her heart twinges within the confines of her ribcage as if she is missing someone, and an unexplainable feeling in her gut tells her that it is not Ivar despite having spent years on that island with him.

With her children grown and gone she has nothing to keep her anchored anywhere, and the way her bones ache with wanderlust tells her that perhaps she had never been meant to be kept anywhere at all.

She follows the sound of the river, follows it until she is right at the edge of it. It was strange, the way the sound of water made her feel. There is the peculiar feeling that she loved the river; that maybe this had been one of her favorite places, and the sound of water rushing along the banks makes her heart flutter. But it reminds her too of the island, of sharp teeth on her neck and that unnerving feeling of not having control of her own thoughts or body, and the way anxiety grips her chest almost causes her to turn away.

It is only the soft hush of a voice—so quiet she almost had not heard it—that makes her turn her head, her eyes struggling to adjust to the dark but eventually making out the shape of a stallion. His question, though not meant for her, brings a slow smile to her face, and she finds herself stepping closer to her. “I ask myself that all the time,” and of course he has no way of knowing how true that is—that she isn’t even sure if her name is really Chryseis, only that that was what Ivar had called her. “I decided that maybe if I don’t know, it means I get to reinvent myself.”

-- C H R Y S E I S

@[Web]

@[The Monsters] can you roll for her frost aura please! Thank you <3
    @[Chryseis] your frost aura has mutated into jewel-touched