• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wake me when I fall
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    Will his mother be able to save all of them?
    Would it be fair of him to ask her to?

His throat tightens as he considers it, but he nods anyway. Perhaps there are more healers, perhaps they can assemble an entire army of them. Maybe it won’t have to be his mother’s responsibility alone and there will be others to share the burden and he will not have to feel guilty for having volunteered her for a task that she cannot handle.

Thank you,” he says after a long moment, his voice still strangled, uncertain. He draws in a shuddering breath and looks away, gaze narrowed. It doesn’t feel like enough, even still. He feels like he owes her more than this. He steels himself and pulls his attention back to her proud face and forces himself to hold her gaze. She does not want to be thanked, he knows that, but he can still smell the remnants of her death. He can still remember how he had been the first thing she’d asked about. He will never forget it.

It’s more than having someplace to live,” he tells her, which is the truth. He tries to keep his voice steady, tries to be brave. “I could live anywhere,” he continues. And this is true, too. He could make a home anywhere in Beqanna if he chose to. He could wander the jungles or the beaches. He could make a home on the ice in the north. “Thank you for not making me leave Este.

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@[Mazikeen]