• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Do you stare into the void, or does it stare into you? Jenger
    She succeeds in at least one way as she seeks to coax something from him. His eyes as he peers down at her are gentle, filling with a warmth that is as innate to him as breathing. There is something captivating about her eyes, brilliant and celestial. Recalling to mind the vast power of the cosmos in which they live. He is drawn to it in a way he cannot quite express. In a way he’s not certain he would wish to.

“Very different, yes,” he replies, amused by her musings. It’s easy to forget at times that so many have not lived as he has lived. That they do not know the agonies of the universe. That life is still so new to them. And it is a timely reminder, when their world is so close to the brink of collapse.

But their home is a hardy one, that he knows with a bone-deep certainty. Even if he is not the one rescuing her this time, she would be rescued. Far more than a belief, he knows it as a certainty. The mare at his side however, she cannot know it. Not like he could. And as he peers at her with time-wise eyes, he is reminded of this fact.

“I have many guesses,” he finally replies, answering the first of her questions, gaze unwavering. A small, almost sad smile flits briefly across his lips then, gone almost as quickly as it had come. “But I would rather not guess.” He pauses then, features warming, growing reassuring. “I do know she will hold the light again one day soon. She is stronger than you might imagine.”

He does smile at her then, true and warm and welcoming as she introduces herself. “And you, Aureline,” he replies softly, enjoying the sound of it on his tongue. He falls silent then for a long moment, considering her quite openly. There is one question he hasn't answered yet. One question that requires a rather lengthy tale. “Are you ready to hear how I came to know Beqanna’s heart then?”
    TEN

@[aureline]