• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone; hourglass
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

His compulsion twists and turns, taking the gun and turning it into a knife instead—burying it to the hilt. He feels the shudder of pain in him as it radiates through him and every bone is lit on fire as he watches the tears on her cheeks and know that everything she has ever said about him is right. Even in this moment, he is failing her. He had tried to stay away and he had only managed to make things worse.

Always so much worse.

She veers away and he growls, a foreign noise coming from the soft boy, but the frustration rises in him and twists around his throat. All he wanted to do was protect her—from this world, from this darkness, and now from himself—and he only managed to hurt her more. He did the one thing he never wanted.

But he can’t let her run into the darkness alone. Even if she would maybe be better off without him. Even if she would certainly be happier if she didn’t have to look at him. So he plunges forward after her, trying to get in front of her so that he can look at her again. He doesn’t understand the darkness that rises in him either, the shadows that hook into his gentle mind and turn it sharp, turn it deadly.

“Let me help you,” he commands again, his voice heavier now. “I’m not mad. I just need to get us somewhere safer.” Not that he had any idea what that was—any idea what he was going to do here.

He shudders, feels sweat begin to build up underneath his mane, fear crackling through him.

“Please, Hourglass. I know you’d rather be anywhere than somewhere with me.”

He studies her face.

“Let me at least do this one thing.”

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun

@[The Monsters] - let's mess with his compulsion.
    @[aureus] your compulsion has mutated into levitation. you're welcome.
    — and how long must I stay, will I lay by your side
    just to say that I'm yours and you'll never be mine —
    He cuts in front of her, and there is a moment where she thinks about calling on her intangibility so that she might simply pass through him. Only, she does not want to actually leave. She is defensive and frustrated, but she does not want to be alone, and she especially does not want to be without him. No one has ever actually directed their anger at her before, and she finds that she does not like the way that it feels; that she cannot separate his anger at himself from anger at her, that the anger stings the same no matter what. 

But even despite all of that, she is afraid of what might happen if he were to let her walk away—if they parted ways, again, and never found each other.

She would rather be here, with him, feeling confused and deflated, than to be away from him at all. 

Her pale eyes have turned a dark, bruise-colored purple from the tears that still glitter there, and she tenses her jaw for a moment to try and regain some kind of composure. “Okay,” she relents quietly, the ache still present in her throat, but she can at least breathe around it now. Maybe once they were safe he would finally explain why he was acting so strange. Maybe once they were safe he would make sense of the storm he had created inside of her mind.

She had turned her gaze elsewhere, trying to seek out some kind of path for them to follow, when his next words bring her lilac eyes quickly back to his. He is staring at her, like he is trying to figure her out—like he is looking at a stranger, and her breath hitches for a moment when their eyes lock together. “Aureus,” her voice has softened from its previous flint-like tone from earlier, and there is a certain kind of defeat that seems to weigh itself down inside her glass chest. What had she done to make him feel this way? “Why would I not want to be with you?” she can feel the pulse of tears in her throat again, and no matter how she tightens her jaw she cannot keep them from spilling from the corners of her eyes. “I have been looking everywhere for you,” her confession comes with the trembling threat of a sob that she chokes back down, the long tendrils of her copper-colored forelock now clinging to the dampness of her face. 

She looked for him in all the places she thought he might be, and even all the places she thought he would never be. She looked for him until she finally had to accept the fact that he did not want to be found, and even then that did not stop her foolish glass heart from leaping at every pale flash of skin caught in the corner of her eye.

She can feel a desperate kind of determination begin to flare inside of her, and as badly as she wants to once again demand that he tell her why he has suddenly turned her into an entirely different person, she refrains. Instead, she only closes her eyes, closes them long enough to steady her breathing and slow the tears that she no longer has any control over, and when she opens them she tells him earnestly,  “Even when you're acting like this, I want to be with you.”
    hourglass
    — with this love like a hole,
    swallow my soul —