• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any]

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

Even as he looks at me now, I can tell that @[Leilan] is analyzing my words, figuring out my place, not just in Taiga, but in all of the north, as well, as any good leader would do. I respect him for it. It’s hard to see what could have caused the rift between him and Yanhua. Yanhua had never told me what had happened; I just knew that something had, because Yan had seemed to bristle anytime the freyr was mentioned. Either way, Leilan strikes me as a wise leader, always looking toward what possibilities there were.

When he speaks again, I am drawn back into the conversation from my thoughts, which tend to wander. I laugh softly at his remarks, his insinuation that things staying the same would become boring, but I nod when he comments on a strong center, a “home base,” he calls it. I could have spoke then, when he paused to contemplate his thoughts some more, but I could tell he had more to say about my wish for the forest. 

He brings another laugh from my lips before he is done talking, and I give him a jovial glance before continuing his thoughts with my own. “Of course, things would be boring if everything stayed the same, but I was under the impression that you asked me about the forest in particular.” I laugh again, this time throwing a jesting wink his way. “It’s like you said, the forest becomes a home base, the strong center. I hope that never changes, but I am certain other things will change. The names and faces will change, the life that lives here will change and grow, the plants will adapt to new situations, the paths that crisscross this forest will one day be grown over when new paths take their place.”

I pause for a moment to piece together what I would want to say next. “One of the things I enjoy most about this forest is that there is always something new to learn: a hidden path that I thought I’d traveled, a bird that sings a foreign song, a new corner to hide away in. That is the beauty of the redwoods. And if everything remained the same, then eventually, there would be nothing new to learn.” A hefty sigh lifts from my lips as I draw my thoughts to a close. I smile thoughtfully in his direction.

Borderline

Image by Calcifer
    AsI listen to her, I find that he words she speaks are somewhat of an echo of my thoughts - and of Izora’s, and of Lilli’s. ”I suppose we’re of a similar mindset then, all of us living here.” I smile a little - yes, things will change and she sounds like she will accept that, but she also wishes to preserve the heart of Taiga as it is. If she can handle that balance, I believe she might even be one capable of leading it - come time, that is. I do not feel like disposing of Lilliana, even though the chestnut mare has mentioned not wanting to rule forever before. A time will come when she is looking for an heir, and my guess would be that Borderline should be a candidate by then.

”Can I ask you something? I heard you’re close with Amarine as well, and I was wondering how the three of you together operate; for example if you’re raising the children together or are more like two separate families Tell me if it’s too personal, but I don’t think a little herd like that works for just anyone.” There is in fact something behind this question, and she might as well have noticed. I’m not really hiding the fact that I’m trying to estimate her, and get a look inside her head to estimate how her mind works.

Nobody should ever trust me with something like mind reading, I realise. The fact that I can project my own thoughts into another’s head is bad enough on its own.
    there’s an ocean in between your heart and me

@[Borderline]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |