• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and before her fury; iso
    Rosebay

If Rosebay were truly capable of deep sadness, surely she would feel it for the disappearance of her mother. Surely she would feel something like fear for the stories of how her mother had sought the mountain’s help, how she had yielded that power to bring back lands of old, and how the earth had split to swallow her whole. She would feel sorrow for the look of almost sorrow on her father’s face and the way that he had faded into the shadows once more—leaving just her and her sister in the aftermath.

But such things do not take root in her so easily.

So instead she feels something like an emptiness that she must fill. A continued need to finish her quest so that she may become more of her true self. (She does not learn caution from the story of her mother—and how the help of faeries does not always go the way that you would hope.)

She stays in Pangea for the moment, wandering until she finds the young girl who is so clearly a child of Ghaul that it nearly stops her short. (Although she knows more of Ghaul from stories than personal experience.) For a second, she nearly keeps walking, but curiosity gets the better of her. Sinks a hook in the belly and draws her closer—delicate steps crossing the distance between them.

When she is close enough to smell the rot and the poison, her vision swims with excitement.

“Hello there,” she says with a soft simper, her lips turning in the corner. “I haven’t seen you before.”

but in all chaos, there is calculation

@[Isotope]
    fire in my lungs, can't bite the devil on my tongue.
    (i don't need to be loved by you.)

The girl loathed solitude. The burning shapes of the others beckoned her forward and she was helpless as they fled from her.  She often hissed as the did so - chasing the cowards who fled from her.  It had become a game, of sorts.  But they didn’t flee when she could feel the burning sunlight across her back.  So she lingered in Pangea - the land that she was bound to by blood and legacy.

And oh, how she had wept and screamed when in some living nightmare that land had been stripped away.  When trees grew and shadows curled and mist blocked out the sun.  She refused to join the other as the darkness enfolded her, stripping away the sanctuary she had always had to return to.

And when the sun blazed fierce again, she fell to her knees in thanks.

But it wasn’t enough
    It was never enough.

Because soon the solitude returned and the loneliness burned in her belly.  Her family had been strangely absent, but she had not found cause to panic yet.  So when she sees the burning figure approaching, she is curious to see when it does not turn away.  More curious still when it issues a greeting.  It’s an unfamiliar voice, and the scent is not that of her family. 

”Technically,” the dragon-girl said, swinging her head towards the sound of the other - towards the glowing red figure that indicated her warm flesh.

”I’ve never seen anyone.”  The horns sprouting from her eye sockets have grown and twisted - glowing the same green as her mother’s eyes.  She inclines her horned head then, studying the shape of this stranger - committing her scent to memory. It is not often that she is approached, and she angles herself so that the shadows do not touch her hide and reveal her secrets so soon.

i s o t o p e .

@[rosebay]
    Rosebay

Rosebay knew little of solitude, if anything. She did not always remain in the presence of her own company, but she knew the feel of it well. Knew what it felt like to retreat into the shadows with naught but your own thoughts to accompany you—the only comfort being the presence of your own memories. But she still seeks out others, especially, when it suits her. Especially when she hungers for more.

And she cannot imagine more, right now, than the potential that shimmers around this other girl.

Her laugh is quick and nearly genuine at Isotope’s response, a soft chuckle that sounds like an exhale as she steps closer, pausing only when the mare angles herself into the shadows. It was a delicate balance, she knew, and she had no desire to frighten the girl off before she had learned what lie beneath.

So she pauses, leaving the space between them, watching with kinder eyes than the norm.

“That’s fair,” she concedes with a shrug of her shoulders. “You are not missing much,” an observation as she sniffs, turning her attention toward the rest of the kingdom that unfolds around them. When she looks back, she does not bother to hide the curiosity that blooms there—the admiration.

“My name is Rosebay,” she offers, waiting to see how the other would respond.

If she would step forward into the open palm or simply bite the hand that could eventually feed.

but in all chaos, there is calculation

@[Isotope]