• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] caught in the afterglow
    Things aren’t always as they appear.

I didn’t just learn that, in fact, I’ve known it for as far back as I can remember.  Dreams are like that; you see superficial things and remember certain things, but there’s always a hidden message there if you know where to look.  And how to look. 

I used to be pretty good at that.

I had always lived to work and tame dreams, always preferring the control and mastery that so naturally came to me with hardly any effort.  The aid from my dad and grandmother only served to bolster my confidence in the brief time I’d spent with each of them.  For awhile I lived happily in my naivity - that I was well prepared for the jagged, painful bits of life and that with the next night’s slumber all could be set right again.

But somewhere in my short history I had stumbled, and fallen, and broken. And It’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s born from my imagination anymore.  

And I can’t recall coming here of my own accord.  For all I know this is just another nightmare, and in a moment I’ll jolt awake.

Questions rise from the dark all around, though none seem directed at me, and I remain silent.  As I wait for the shadows to come, my eyes travel up to the stars eternal, just like I had done before with Eyas and Tana some time ago.

CATCHER
    caught in the afterglow

Catcher is unaware why she's here, but I'd like to roll for a quest to lose her Horn and gain Turns Into a Skeleton at Night.
    Wysteria does not appear to the mare who appears here without much thought. Sometimes they come like this, as if washed up on shore. Though Wysteria does not appear, that doesn't mean her magic does not. Purple tendrils of magic slip into the night, shimmering in the moonlight. They wrap around the horn that sits atop the mare's head, tightening slightly and then *poof*, it is gone. Painless, and the only difference now will be the change of weight.

There's more in that magic though, and it sings like a promise. Go and find yourself. When you do, come tell us what you find.

You have received a quest. Go and have at least one thread discovering yourself/why you ended up on the mountain, and then return and tell Wysteria what you learned.
    Please tag in replies