• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Trait x Appearance Questions
    So, I'm new/returning (although I don't believe I was here long when I was a member previously and it appears my ooc account was deleted. Lol)
    Anywho, I have a few questions about my girl Illo before I attempt to join her. 
    Typically her powers are Dragon Shifting and Psammokinesis (can control and build things out of sand). Her Dragon shifting is limited to only one appearance and species of dragons, a Golden Sand Dragon. Rather than breathing fire she breathes a Sand Storm.
    Physical appearance wise she is made of pure gold (inherited from her father, but the base normal coat would be buckskin.) Her mother being a dragon shifter and her father being of Akhal-Teke lineage, she has no mane but rather glistening golden scales all along her topline. Her eyes are made of diamonds (her father's trait). Due to her golden genetics she has a weakness to water. Submerging herself in water will cause her blood to thicken like mud and her movements become weighted, slowed or paralyzed depending on how much liquid and how long she is submerged. Rain will have the same effect. Her tail is made of thin strands of onyx (her father's genetics, being as he was made entirely of gold and precious stones.)
    I do not mind editing this, I just need to know what is an isn't acceptable and what I might need to leave out until I can obtain more traits if those are too much. Her image is below for a reference. I was just somewhat confused at how many traits she could start off with, as I'd like to keep her as true to form as possible.

[Image: dcvsfjq-6d767ee8-8140-49c9-abca-8ee59663...DnlLtQVLtc]
    So for joining, you can't join with traits, which just about everything she has would be. You can join with the color gold (but not actual gold), with no mane, clear/diamond looking eyes, and also dragon wings or some kind of dragon horn if you wanted as we allow wings/horns on new characters. You can have whatever weaknesses you'd like though, so if you want to keep that, go for it.

Everything else you would have to quest for, but would be allowed. You are limited to 8 spaces of traits total, so you may have to pick and choose which you want to keep. You can poke around in the trait database for ideas (though if it's not the in database it doesn't mean we won't allow it - we add as we go), but here are the ones you'd need based on your description.
    Solid Gold - 2 space trait
    Dragon Shifting - 4 space trait - we do allow elemental dragons in this, so this trait could include the sand breathing (it'd work like fire breath but just be sand).
    Sand Manipulation (Psammokinesis) - 4 space trait (we also have Sandstorm Creation which is only a 2 space trait, though doesn't include the ability to actually manipulate sand but just to create sand storms)
    Diamond Eyes and Onyx in tail - we don't have these in the database, but assuming they grant no powers and are purely aesthetic, this would be a 0 space trait and pretty easy to get
    Scales - you have some options here. If they are purely decorative, they'd just be "scales" and would be a 0 space trait. If you want actual dragon scales that offer protection, that would be a 2 space trait. Given what you described, I think you'd only need the basic decorative scales.
    Ah. That changes some things. Thank you for the information. ^^

I might need to find a better fit for her design and my others, but I do appreciate you taking the time to clarify it for me. ?
    (11-10-2020, 10:03 AM)tati Wrote: Ah. That changes some things. Thank you for the information. ^^

I might need to find a better fit for her design and my others, but I do appreciate you taking the time to clarify it for me. ?

Hey! So, it's been a long while and I talked to Star and decided to work on getting this girl on here and just questing for all of her additives. Is it possible for me to only focus on quests until she is mostly back to her original self? I'm just not sure how comfortable I feel altering her appearance in normal threading, as she was born with her current appearance on the site Star and I were on.
    @"tati"

You can focus on quests, but keep in mind that 4-space quests have to meet a set of qualifications, per the rules:
    If a character does not currently have a version of the 4-space trait [full disclosure: rules here say "3-space," that's a typo] they seek, they must link to at least 10 posts that have been posted in the last 90 days, at least five of which help explain why they are now requesting this trait.
    Players may petition for a 4-space trait once every six RL months. If a request is denied, players only need to wait one RL month to petition again.

So you can focus on quests, but keep in mind that bigger quests have to show prior activity. I do think most of your character's appearance can be maintained thanks to the ability to join with 0-space traits, however, her actual powers will take a bit longer. Would brainstorming a plot on how she lost her powers help? I play Carnage, and we can always say he stole her powers or something Smile