• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] When Light Feels Like Myth
    Astra Daggenhardt
    She'd been here before, and, though her plea had seemed to go ignored, she was determined to speak to the fairies again. Beasts flashed through her mind as she stared up at the journey ahead of her - reminders of what she had witnessed, what she had endured. They had torn at her flesh, stolen the emotions from her young heart, and disguised themselves as the one she cared for the most; and, during all of that, what could she do to defend herself? There was nothing she could have done, her wings had been of no use, and her body too small to fight - and so she ran.

And as she did then, so she does now, but with a new goal ahead. Astra did not run in fear this time, rather, each time her feet beat against the earth below her, she ran with determination, and with venom. Forgiveness had always plagued her heart, she could not look down upon others without seeing them through eyes that could only bare mercy, nor could she send away those who had fallen victim to the mistakes that life brings to all. This time, however, as she thought of the one who had wronged her, there was not a shred of mercy that she could find in her beating heart. Like a war drum, it pounded in her chest, and her feet kicked up the dirt just as claws tore flesh, leaving deep marks within the earth behind her. 

The higher she climbed, the harder it became to breathe, and she was still weak from her return. Nevertheless, she pushed on, slowing her pace but never once lowering her gaze from the top of the mountain. Once she'd reached it, she stood in silence for what felt like an eternity to her. The anger in her blue eyes turned to hurt, to sadness, to longing. In truth, she did not wish to seek vengeance on the stallion that had torn her apart, she loathed his existence, but revenge was not a word that sat on her tongue in a pleasant way, it tasted of bitterness and it was not worth holding. But then, what was she here for? Gathering her thoughts, she took a breath, and then she spoke.

"Please...Please help me..." Her voice was quiet at first, scared of the rejection she had felt the last time she made this journey. Astra couldn't afford to back down now though, nor could she plead for pity or lenience, she longed to show them the pounding that roared within the war drums of her heart.

"I will not let them think I am frail, nor will I allow them to mistake my kindness for stupidity, I wish to bare a warning - I wish to show them there is more to me besides a child's laugh, I am stronger than their assumptions, I wish to be the fire that burns every shred of their ignorance." As she thought back to every time another had looked upon her as an incapable child, her voice grew louder, until she was shouting as loud as her small lungs could manage, her voice hoarse with exhaustion and frustration. She waited then, hoping the entities of the mountain top would listen to her, praying they would not look at her through the same eyes as those who'd judged her below this peak; and, above all else, praying that this time, they would answer her call.
    One life with one dream on repeat

Ooc: Astra is attempting to quest for bull horns again. Previous quest attempt: https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27168
    They do appear, this time. They always listen, but they do not always come, for sometimes the timing is not yet right. It is a thing mortals cannot quite grasp, with their very limited time on earth. Time is a precious thing to them, and they are almost always in a hurry. The faeries though...well, time is rather meaningless to those who live forever. Truly forever, for they cannot die. They simply return to the land, for they are nothing more than the magic of this world embodied.

”Forgiveness is a powerful thing, you know.” The voice comes first, followed by the small figure of the white and purple fairy. Such a pretty thing to contain such a jaded heart. ”You will never remove ignorance. Trust me, we have tried.” There’s something like humor there, if she is capable of such (and she is, though few would believe it). There’s definitely a wry grin on her face. ”What is more useful is to forgive. It is not something you do for others. It is not even something you feel, necessarily. Forgiveness is an act and a choice.”

A lesson before the lesson. Apparently Wysteria is feeling rather generous today. ”Go, forgive one equine who has wronged you and then return, and I will grant what you seek.” With that, she disappears as suddenly as she had come.

You have received a quest. Go have a thread where you forgive someone who has wronged you and then return to tell Wysteria what you have learned.
    Please tag in replies