• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sing me the dirge of our peace
    VIRGIL
    i will answer god in a voice made of teeth.
    He basks happily in his newfound cloak of fire, keeping it closely pulled around him as the autumn chill sets in for the night. But Straia’s gifts have planted a newborn sense of greed that keeps him from settling quietly into the nest tonight. Virgil creeps quietly along the coast as he searches for the pair with little but the moonlight to guide him. His brother had told him the story of how he got his fortune-telling eye but it seemed like a ghost story to him.

Still, he’s out here near the shore, looking for Craft and Anatomy just the same, isn’t he?

He clears his throat nervously and nudges a shell from the sand with his small hoof. Would they be scary and angry at him for calling? Virgil finds himself nervous as he dwells on it for too long. The tree had supplied what he had asked of it with no complaints. It didn’t even wack him for bothering it.

My name is Virgil. Um.. I live here with my brother, my sisters, and my mom,” he explains, stalling now. “If you’re not busy, can you maybe teach me to be.. I don’t know, sneaky? I think I’m pretty strong as it is.

He tries not to seem too proud of his strength but there is a hint of a smile there when he says it. Some day, he will be able to beat even Father in a fight. Or so he tells himself.

Virgil is requesting phasing from Craft and Anatomy. He is also very scared of them.