• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  cat got your tongue?
    NO ONE LIVES FOREVER AND THE DEVIL NEVER SLEEPS ALONE.

As she padded her way down the mountain, the now lion-girl elected to make her way towards the meadow than Pangea. Part of her reasoning was simple curiosity.  She’d yet to see any of the common lands of Beqanna.  She wondered what she would find there in the most innocent sense. 

But she had another motive.  This body was built to a hunt that the one she was born in was not. And while she still did not hunger in the traditional sense, Livinia was excited about the prospect of being able to hunt in a body meant to feed.  In this body, her instincts seemed sharper - seemed to battle with the fact that her inherent state was one focused on things like the hunt.

She’d never really had an urge to feed before, she’d simply done so out of necessity. But now? Now the instincts of a predator gave the illusion of life she’d been lacking.  So she’d bounded after the first creature that’d appeared in her reach.  She knew a squirrel wouldn’t be filling, but her eagerness outweighed reason.  This body responded seamlessly.  And before she knew it, blood was pouring into her mouth.  Her teeth sunk instantly into the flesh and soon the creature had been emptied.  She felt no desire to consume the flesh, but did wonder what it would be like.  She made a note to try this another day.

She turned her attention back towards the meadow, bounding through the grasses in a distinctly feline matter. Her eyes were still scarlet, but her fur was a grey twinged tawny.  Still recognizable, in the very least. Or so she hoped, because she certainly recognized someone. 

Without slowing, she bounded up to the girl, a feline grin spreading across her lips. “Bey!” she shouted as she approached, wondering if the white filly would recognize her.

L I V I N I A

@[Beyza]

Beyza’s world was slowly getting a little larger and larger. She had been sticking close to Pangea since the incident with Cali, though, and today is the first day she had decided to venture out again. And even then, she hadn’t really meant to wander - but the thought had crossed her mind and then with a tickle of electricity against her skin she had appeared in the meadow.

A frown darkens her features - or as much as her crystalline features can be darkened - a small little hoof stamping in frustration. Although she was getting better at things not happening by accident, she wasn’t as good with control as she would like.

But, perhaps her magic had known something she didn’t - because she was not there long before a greyish lion came bounding towards her. Not once did she feel fear (though perhaps she should have) - but a smile blossoms instead. “Liv!” There’s no question mark at the end because no doubt in her mind as to who it is. She knows those red eyes.

“Why are you a lion!?” She’s a little disappointed that she does not immediately turn into one herself - her magic now conveniently choosing when not to follow her thoughts.

BEYZA

something borrowed into something new

@[Livinia]

Why are you a lion?

It’s a simple question. The obvious question. And not unexpected.

But what Livinia doesn’t expect is the shame that builds in her chest.

It’s not that she doesn’t think that Beyza’s magic couldn’t provide her with what she needed. Or even her mother’s. She just felt deep in her bones that this was something that she had to do for herself - to prove to herself that she could. She wasn’t sure why she felt shame. Perhaps it was her high regard for Beyza that put her in this quandary - she didn’t want the other girl to be offended she’d gone elsewhere.  She didn’t want her to think she thought she was incapable…

So Livinia did her best to smother the bubble of feeling, keeping her attitude casual. “I went to the mountain!” she said, nonchalantly, “I asked to keep the fangs that you gave me - forever”.  Livinia looked down at her paws and the long claws that protruded from them. She hadn’t expected to be given the rest of the package, but it was only temporary. 

“So I get to live like this for awhile,” she added, with a casual shrug of her now feline shoulders. “It’s not all bad - climbing trees is definitely something I could get used too. And hunting is so much easier…” she drifted off, as her crimson gaze turned back to Beyza - wondering what the alabaster girl made of her current predicament.

L I V I N I A

DIGGIN' THIS UP TO FINISH IT <3

@[Beyza]

It had not occurred to Beyza that her gift of fangs would be a temporary solution for a life-long problem. For a moment, she is jealous that her friend went to the mountain and not to her to solve this problem but she easily shoves away those feelings. She listens with her usual distant smile as Liv explains the perks of living as a lion - climbing trees and being able to hunt easier.

And although a dark part of her heart wishes she could have given Liv that freedom and joy - she cannot deny that she is happy to see her friend doing well with what could have been an inconvenience.

“It’s a good look on you.” She states the way someone would remark on the colour of the sky - it is an indisputable fact.

Beyza does shift then, a slow and careful change, until she is a mirror-image of the lion before her (only crystalline white). Like her equine form, when she does not move she looks as though she could be carved from marble. Those white eyes slowly blink as she settles into this shape. Turning in a circle on her new padded feet and noting the tufted tail that follows her as she does, Beyza cannot help but feel a sense of pride. This is the first shift she has done consciously. Though it has happened before it was always an accident.

“So, do you want some company while you hunt?” Beyza says as she stops her turning and offers a grin full of gleaming white canines. “If you're hungry now, that is.”

BEYZA

@[Livinia]

“You think so?” Livinia says, looking down at her silver-gray paws. She certainly enjoyed this body but the fact that Beyza liked it too - well that meant something to the silver girl. Her crimson eyes - so often devoid of life flashed with something for the briefest of moments. Livinia is unaccustomed to compliments or any sort of flattery, really.  Her family is not what others would describe as warm - but she still felt lucky to have them when so many had nothing at all. 

She watched as Beyza effortless slipped into the skin of a pure white lioness with no hesitation at all.  “You’re getting better at that - the shifting,” Livinia says, by way of redirection, with a distinctly feline smile. “Have your lessons with mother been going well?” the silver-gray girl asks, genuinely curious as to what the pair had been up to.  Livinia knew her mother could be...challenging and strange to put things simply.  But she also knew that her mother could certainly help Bey get a feel for her magic.  Livinia didn’t know why the idea of these lessons was both encouraging but somewhere in the pit of her stomach there was a seed of discomfort growing in her belly.  Something she could ignore for the time being, especially with the current excitement of the moment.

The idea of hunting with Beyza caused her insides to twist in a way that she didn’t think she could attribute to hunger. She was quick to guard her expression so as not to give away her excitement at the prospect. Livinia certainly wasn’t hungry - she never really was hungry in the traditional sense - but she did hunger for the hunt itself.  That was enough for today. Especially the opportunity to hunt with Beyza. 

So the silver girl slides into a stalking position, the predator’s body responding instantly, her eyes fixed on the darkness of the trees.  “Come on, follow me!” she whisper-shouts to the white lioness, and with that she springs towards the shadows and all they may find hidden there.

L I V I N I A

@[Beyza]

The compliment does not go unnoticed, even if it does go without a response. Beyza feels it as though it whispered against her skin - she’s not one to enjoy hearing about whether or not she’s pretty (she is, after all, just a step up from ghastly) but a remark on her powers is always welcome. Those she practices and hones, those are more of a testament to what she is.

“Yes, they have been. She’s shown me a lot.” Beyza isn’t exactly dodging the question, but she does not elaborate further. It is not that she wants to keep secrets from Livinia - if anyone could understand what it was like to spend time with the shadow mare, it would be the lioness before her - but she does not want this moment over-shadowed. She wants to spend time with her friend - and does not want to waste the moments talking about Livinia’s mother any more than she would want to talk about her own.

Livinia accepts her idea of a hunt and the white lion flicks her tail behind her in anticipation before launching herself after the smoke-coloured feline. It takes her a few steps to get accustomed to running in this form but the smooth muscles and the predatory form settle in, bringing a sense of peace even as her muscles and mind are bright with excitement. Her eyes are on the lioness moving just ahead of her but her ears pick up the sounds of squirrels and mice and rabbits. A quail startles out of the a shrub not far into the forest, eliciting a small yelp from Beyza in surprise, followed smoothly by a laugh as she jumps and half-heartedly swipes at the bird.

She misses, but catches a few feathers for her trouble and they rain around her - and she laughs again - the sound bouncing around the cool forest as she moves further into the trees. The shadows seem to bend around her, shying from her bright figure, but she pays them no attention. She's lost Liv somewhere among the leaves and trunks. Her paws slow their pounding on the earth and she stalks forward more carefully, breathing deep the mossy scents until she finds a familiar one - wasting no time now in following it.

BEYZA

@[Livinia]

It’s an unexpected thrill – hunting with another. 
    And the fact it was Beyza made it all the more thrilling.

She could hear the white lioness behind her, somewhere, but didn’t turn back. She trusted Beyza implicitly, so she bounded deeper into the trees – in search of prey. Hunting itself had become quite the thrill, something else she hadn’t really expected. This body liked to hunt – even when she didn’t need to feed.  But it didn’t matter. This body always craved the thrill of the hunt, whether or not there was a need that needed to be sated. 

It was thrilling.
    It was addicting.

She was surprised by how much she liked it – the things that this body allowed her to do. And the things it desensitized her to…
    She was a deadly efficient predator – she didn’t need to breathe, didn’t need to blink. So the combination of what she was and what she could be was really quite lethal indeed. She didn’t realize, yet, the dangers of this bloodlust. Of this addiction. Right now it was just something new and something fun.

It made her feel alive.  That, in itself, was akin to magic in her eyes.

She’d already fed today, but she narrowed her crimson gaze on a rabbit and slowly began stalking her prey as bloodlust thrummed through her veins – until she heard Beyza laugh somewhere beyond the trees.  Unconsciously, a growl erupted from her throat. The predator was displeased, but the girl quickly shook away the feeling and the sound died in her throat.  She hesitated for a moment before turning to join her friend, letting out a laugh of her own at the scene she found – Beyza surrounded by feathers.

”Well it was a good try,” Livinia said, approvingly, with a small giggle.  She pressed a small, sweet kiss to the white lion’s furry cheek. ”Thanks for doing this with me. I know it seems silly but it means a lot, Bey.”

L I V I N I A

we can end here if you want?
    @[Beyza]