• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  i dream ahead to what i hope for i

I waited until Aureus was asleep, watching the slow rise and fall of his sides until I was sure that my movements would not wake him. Extracting myself from my twin’s warm embrace on this chilly autumn night seems unwise, but I have a destination in mind, one that is worth a bit of cold.

Once out of our thicket of heavy green leaves, I pause. Papa and Daddy usually sleep nearby, so I raise my pale head and sniff, my ears flicking to watch the sound of their quiet breathing. There – a little to the right. The greenery is illuminted by Daddy’s glowing, but it is still. They are asleep too. With a small shiver, I wrap the invisibility around me just like Papa had taught, and I slip off into the woods.

The journey is longer than I had anticipated, but it gives me time to think about exactly what I will say. I practice as I walk, reminding myself that politeness is key.

The climb up the mountain is difficult for a grown horse, but my six-month old determination is strong. I am breathing heavy by the time I arrive, but I am filled too with a sense of satisfaction. Even if the fairies don’t come – and I have heard that sometimes they do not – I will still have a story to tell Aureus in the morning.

”Hello Fairies. It’s me, Asena. I mean, I guess you don’t know me so hello. It’s nice to meet you.” This is going pretty good, I think.

”I was wondering if maybe you could do me a favor. Not a big one I don’t think? I was wondering if maybe I could have some flowers in my hair like Isilya does? They are so pretty and even if mine don’t change colors like hers I would still be very grateful.” Papa told me about being polite, but I wonder if he has ever tried to be polite to something he can’t see. It’s very hard to have respectful eye contact with something that doesn’t’ have eyes!

A S E N A

i’d rather run the other way
    than stay and see the smoke and who’s still standing when it clears

ooc: she is requesting flowers like the ones listed in the trait database but really i'd like purple flowers on her coat (so i guess maybe like floral tattoos?)
    Though several times she feels a strange wind blow around her, its icy tendrils lifting her hair in teasing and curious ways that don't seem completely natural, no faerie appears tonight. Eventually the filly falls asleep, and will wake alongside her twin once more, though surrounded oddly by small purple flowers. They seem to invite her to try again another time.

------------

Asena rolled a 3 and will not receive a quest. You can try again in 1 RL month.