• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Hey there Krieos
    Winner: Krieos

Overall I found Krieos' posts/attacks/positioning to be clearer, though you both did a great job. I am not the world's best judge for challenges, but I felt bad since I know you have been waiting. If you want a second opinion, feel free to ask for one from another officer. I will not be offended.
    Nope I trust you. Thanks Kyra!

Do you mind posting or sending me the critique or how you broke it down just so I know what to work on? I appreciate it <3
    Here you go!

Kreios 5+/ 3o / 3- =11

Post I
    + Good use of sun in post
    + Clear positioning of attack
    + Good/clear explanation of differences in sizes and how that effects the rear and possible counterattacks
    o Might have liked to see a bit more consideration for the possible ways in which Gryffen could have moved, but also appreciate the brevity

Post II
    + Good description of positioning
    o Curious what the effect of shoving Gryffen’s food into his chest really is….
    + Good counter attack – uses size and position well
    - Would like some description for the alternatives here though – what’s going to happen if Gryffen has already landed? Etc.

Post III
    - Didn’t need the multiple paragraphs on the slow reflexes.  A quick mention was enough.
    - Krieos is lunging forward while Gryffen is going up – They have to be on pretty level playing field for Gryffen to bite Krieos’ neck – so if Gryffen is in a rear, where exactly is Krieos that he’s aiming for the top of Gryffen’s neck? His advantage would be once Gryffen landed, not as the stallion is rearing – I’m not sure where Krieos exactly in this attack
    o I see where you are going with the attack, and overall it’s a good counter attack, but I’m a little confused with the positioning and even really how biting is all that likely to damage muscle in a fatty part of the neck

Gryffen 6+ / 1o / 4- =11

Post I
    + Good mention of the sun/didn’t simply ignore it, but it would affect Gryffen at least a little bit I’d think
    + Good damage, though I might expect the attack to land more on his side then his rump, but I understand the positioning of both horses
    + Good description of how their differences in sizes affects the damage
    - I don’t entirely see how a buck is going to work here– in my head the horses are probably perpendicular at this point, so Gryffen is bucking out sideways? Unless he kept going so he was turned farther than expected, but I’d like to see that made clear
    o I like that you explain some of the possible outcomes, but I found myself having to reread them to totally understand everything – check for typos and clarity

Post II
    - I am not entirely clear on Gryffen’s position still in this buck – need to be more specific
    - There should be some damage here – skin scraping at least or maybe a bruise – Kreios did connect with Gryffen if he was pushed aside
    - There’s like a 99% chance that by the time Gryffen rears, Krieos has landed and given how much taller Kreios is, the only advantage/chance Gryffen really has of getting to his face is if Krieos has already landed
    + Good description of what biting as an attack is actually good for –distracting

Post III
    + Good damage here, taking the bite is realistic
    - “Raising him up as he goes” – not totally clear, but sounds like powerplaying here
    + Good counter attack
    So I just have a question. In the last post where I went with Kreios's attack and had him being raised in the air, I didn't think it as power playing I thought we were allowed to turn an attack into whatever you wanted it to end up being or playing out to be so just so I'm aware in the future we can't do things like that?
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen
    So, my notes are terrible. But, I can explain!

Basically I wasn't sure who the "he" was in the line, and the minus is more to do with the lack of clarity than the possible power playing. I wasn't sure if somehow Krieo's head was being raised as Gryffen was rearing or Gryffen was the one being raised up. And then if Gryffen is being raised up, I wasn't sure if it was as Krieos was pulling his head back up? Etc. I just got a little lost here.

So if it was Krieos being raised up, it's power playing, since you obviously can't say what's happening to another horse. But based on your reply, I'm guessing it was Gryffen. So no power playing, and that's fine. But just some more detail, and probably use of names in a battle with two he's to aid in clarity of the attack/counter-attack/etc.
    Ohh got it! Ok thank you!! I appreciate your time with all this =)
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen
    If it's any help, I read through the posts last night, but didn't get time to write a critique, but I basically had the same mindset that Kyra had and had mentally ticked the same issues she brought up ^_^