• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, i surrender.
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    He’s almost sad to watch the little row of children following along after Malone, especially the glowing twin girls. But he blinks away tears and reminds himself that he always knew he would be a grandfather one day. It seems like just last spring that Malone was born, his first baby with Starsin and the perfect blend of them both. A dreamy sigh slips from him as he watches them disappear toward Loess and then he turns to head deeper into Sylva. As much as his heart bursts with love for their family, they haven’t had a moment to themselves in many years.

How funny, he thinks, that they’ve already been together this long.

Ophanim carefully plucks little flowers he finds in the undergrowth, gathering them in a little pile arranged by size and color. He doesn’t have much of an eye for aesthetics, but no one can ever say he doesn’t try. Next he gathers apples from the various trees burdened with the weight of them. They remain a bit out of his short reach but he manages to tug them from the branches with little hops or flaps of his wings. If he were just a little taller, this wouldn’t be such a chore, but Starsin is more than worth it.

As he carefully places the seventh apple, he admires his treasure trove of gifts for her. But it needs something more. He hums softly in thought as he scans his surroundings with those bright blue eyes. He could lay himself atop the pile and declare he is the greatest gift? No, she rolls her eyes at him enough as it is. A laugh tumbles from his lips as he imagines it anyway.

Instead, he lowers his head to one of the little red mushrooms sprouting around the roots of the Sylvan trees. It smells nice. Maybe they taste good? Ophie carefully harvests a few of the caps and places them around the flowers just in case she informs him they’re poisonous. By not mixing them among the apples, he gives himself some deniability. The sound of someone approaching makes him lift his head suddenly, his halo rocking back and forth in its golden glow until it steadies above his head. He offers one of his eager smiles when he spots her.

Happy anniverthary Thtarthin!” he says, only now realizing his tongue is numb.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Starsin]

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

It feels like ages since it had been just the two of them. Even though she wouldn’t trade their wealth of children for anything, there are of course days where she misses just being with him. Even if things had not always been easy at the beginning, it still has always been their love story to tell, and sometimes, when she is feeling especially nostalgic, she misses the beginning. If only because there are parts that she wishes she could change; wishes she could have been less cold and more open, wishes she could have avoided so much of the heartache and turmoil.

But when his heart stirs inside of her chest, when she feels its steady beating and reassuring rhythm, she thinks maybe everything turned out exactly the way it should have.

With their youngest children off with their eldest, Starsin was free to patrol the perimeter of Sylva one last time. It was a simple task, since she was not often interrupted by any real threats. This was more for show anyway, since Ophanim seemed to have some sort of plan in store, and this seemed like a good excuse as any to give him a chance to prepare.

Feeling as though she had given him adequate time she begins to meander back to where they had promised to meet, slipping between pale-barked trees and under fire-colored leaves. A smile immediately blooms across her lips when he turns to greet her, looking behind him at the array of flowers and apples and mushrooms. But when he speaks the smile turns to one of confusion, and then without meaning to, she laughs. “Thtarthin?”

She presses her lips to the corner of his mouth, still laughing when she says, “That’s very chivalrous that you tested the food to see if it was poisonous so that I didn’t have to suffer.” She pulls away just enough to again look at everything he had laid out, and her usually intense expression softens considerably when she looks back at him and says quietly, “You didn’t have to do all of this, you know.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]
    OphaniM
    He remembers in the beginning, when he gathered up his courage and told his mother he was going to remain in the plaguelands with her. Jenova’s eyes got soft and filled to the brim with tears. But she knew that he would eventually run off to be with her sooner or later. Anyone could see how head over heels he was for her right from the start, even when he was stupid and careless with her love. There could only be room for her in his heart.

Ophie feels the way her heart flutters at the sight of his surprise and he beams with pride at the sensation. His wings fan out and fluff as he meets her halfway to plant a line of kisses along her jaw. Her lips then find his and he hums softly, pleased with her affections. An embarrassed laugh bubbles up over his lips when she makes fun of his newfound lisp, to which he gives a shrug of his shoulders.

But luckily for him, the effects are temporary and he finds himself able to speak normally before she compliments him. “I was hoping they would taste as good as they looked. Maybe if you like your mouth being numb, I guess,” he says with another short laugh. When she softens, he extends his wing over her back and nuzzles his nose behind her ear. There is very little that he would not do for her. If she said she wanted to rule every inch of Beqanna, then he would fight all their armies to make it happen.

I like doing things for you. I never feel like it’s enough to show you how much I love you,” he explains, blushing faintly beneath the gold of his cheeks. Even after all these years, he is a bashful boy in love with a beautiful girl. “We have the perfect family and I wouldn’t have any of it without you. Everything I live for is because of you.

He lifts his head and admires his offering to her. It feels so meager when she has given him so many beautiful children and so many days of perfect bliss.

@[Starsin]

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Her heart flutters inside of his chest at the feel of his lips against her jaw, and for a moment her dark blue eyes drift closed. Even after all these years he still had a way of settling her, of quieting the relentless surging in her veins and that seemingly constant feeling of needing to be doing something.

Even after all these years, her angel boy was the only one that could calm that raging storm inside of her chest, could turn a thunderstorm into a simple spring shower. With his nose near her ear she leans into him, her skin tingling where his breath dances across it, and everything else in the entire world falls away. She does not think of Loess and Lepis and Castile, she does not think of the fact that somewhere in her own forest Lie and Lilt have decided to play out their romance, and she does not think of her strange encounter with Wolfbane.

There is only Ophanim, with his wings settled across her back, and his beautiful blue eyes looking only at her.

“You’re the other half of the perfect family, though. It wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for you. And I’m pretty sure you’re the favorite parent,” she adds the last part with a laugh, tugging playfully at his mane. There was a kindness in Starsin reserved only for her children, but it still was not a secret that she was the stricter parent with not nearly the same sense of humor as Ophanim.

She dips her head, grasping one of the pale flowers with her lips, and then nestles it gently into his pale mane, followed by her mouth once more pressing to his throat, and then trailing down his neck. Her nose comes to rest at the scar across his chest, the one that matches hers, and after her lips have traced the familiar path of it she says quietly to him, “Thank you for being mine. Even though I still don’t deserve you.”

starsin

OphaniM
    He finds it easy to forget the world outside this forest exists. Almost everything he loves in this world is right here where he wants it to be - with him, with her. Ophanim has never claimed any kind of storm and the oceans of his adoration for her remain as placid as they can be. But, he has always had her at his side. He does not grow tumultuous when she is away but his soul faces an endless night where even the moon will not show its face. Every second apart from her is a winter in which he has no food or warmth.

A laugh comes easily when she says he is the favorite parent but he doesn’t think it’s true. When their children are afraid, they always run to her for protection. They know their mother will defend them with every fragment of her being. He is the parent who kisses their scrapes and wipes their tears when they are inconsolably sad. Ophanim knows how to be gentle but he does not know how to show strength when that is what they need most. Still, he likes the balance they provide.

I don’t think they favor me. I think they know I’m a pushover,” he admits with another round of laughter. A grin overcomes his lips when she tugs at the golden locks of his mane and he presses a kiss to her brow. His bright blue eyes watch her as she picks out a flower from his altar to her, and he remains very still when she decorates him. His eyes close into a more proud smile as he basks in her affections. It’s funny, the way her smallest gestures plunge themselves so deeply into his heart. A simple flower might as well be a library of essays on the countless ways she loves him.

But his eyes open when she touches that scar across his chest, where his skin is pale pink and warped. His smile fades.

Starsin, I don’t care if you deserve me or if I deserve you. I need you,” he explains, pressing kisses to her jaw once more. “I don’t know who I am without you. Before I met you, I knew my heart was meant for someone out there.

His lips trace the back of her neck then, savoring the warmth of her skin and the stars across her body.

And when I met you, I wanted to give you every ounce of my love. I belonged to you the moment I was born,” he says between the love bites he leaves across her shoulders.

@[Starsin]

He has always been the softness to all of her sharp edges, the water to smother her fiery rage instead of fanning it into an inferno. Starsin did not believe in many things; she did not believe in fairy tales, or that everything would work out in the end. But what she did believe, to the very depths of her soul, was that Ophanim had been made for her. That by some divine intervention, she had been gifted someone that loved her despite all of her flaws and temper.

There were others out there far more deserving of love, she knows. Others would not have squandered what she had been given, that would have cherished him from the beginning. She had to lose him, had to nearly destroy everything before she came to her senses.

Her eyes close when he speaks, focusing on the soft feel of his lips against her jaw. She fights the urge to argue with him, to remind him of all the things she did, all the reasons she does not deserve him. Instead, she drinks in his words, savors them like wine, and lets herself believe him.

"I need you too," she confesses with her neck curved so that her nose could still touch him even as he gently bites her shoulder. Her lips caress the glowing band around his neck, before gently resting her forehead against him. "Remember when you asked me to be your girlfriend, and I told you no?" She asks him with a smile in her voice, and a kiss that drags against his throat. "I'm glad that didn't scare you away."

starsin

@[Ophanim]