• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[complete]  Walking on water - fairies

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    On her way back from Pangea, she stops to stare at the Mountain.

There is little they can do about her homeland falling apart, if anything. There is certainly little they could do about her mother being missing, as well. They’ll rely on her to shape her own life, or at least, give it a try.

She’s on the way to the top before she even notices; she stops right there, where Oriash woke her from her feverish state. Enough, she thinks, she’s done enough for Beqanna. She shouldn’t go further. She should just go back and enjoy what she has.

But she misses her mother so.

She takes a deep breath, though it is a ragged one, shaking a little. And she continues. Calls out to the fae she knows are there, no longer the excited child she once was; fully expecting to get a task in return, or even no answer.

She waits, then speaks softly into the wind. ”I’d like to have something more of my mother. I don’t know if she passed me anything but the spots, but…” she trails a little, muses. ”If there’s anything there, I’d like to have it. To remember her by.”

Wen doesn’t know, but she is here to ask for Sorrow Aura to be possessed, as it is the one trait she has from her mom! (If it does, wind exhalation can become nongenetic)

Edit Feb 22, 22: she did not receive a quest here so I marked it completed
    Perhaps it breaks their heart a little, to hear a child long for their mother. Even grow, they are all children in some sense, always missing those that came before. There is nothing wrong with it. But she is not yet ready, and so, there is nothing that greets her but the wind.

Eurwen has rolled a 3 and will not receive a quest. You can try again 1 RL month.