• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

gold cage; hostage to my feelings; lilliana
    There is a flash of satisfaction in Celina’s green eyes. They trail down the column of Lilliana’s exposed throat, appreciative. Lilliana has given up, this says to her, she’s ceded the fight to Celina. It is not as good as a win that was brought about by bloodshed, but it is still a victory. There is a sense of pride that the child who has drained the strength from Lilliana is one of her own blood. She will thank this sibling for aiding her in this fight, and perhaps it will rival Nashua in her list of favorites.

When Lilliana snaps again, Celina is provoked into laughter.

Of course she needs to be entertained! What else is there to life?
    At one point, Celina had been told there was more. If she tried hard, she might be able to remember what it was. But she does not try hard – she does not try at all. It is far easier to do as her father has taught her. To take what she wants and to give nothing back. Today, she wants to see the copper mare quiver a few more times, to feel the rush of control that comes from knowing she holds their life in her teeth.

The soft huff of her laughter comes again, short and quick when Lilliana snaps warningly.

“Now that’s more like it.” Celina says even as she twists her head away. She doesn’t draw back, so Lilliana’s teeth pinch hard just behind her jaw, where her neck begins. Even as she feels the teeth, Celina throws her weight upward and swings her head down, slashing and biting at the mare’s blazed face with her sharp teeth.

Simultaneously, she sweeps in her right wing, the wrist of it aimed for the tender places at the back of Lilliana’s left foreleg. Even if she misses, her long feathers will still force their way between the chestnut’s glowing legs, a tripping hazard that is worth a misstep that might shatter it. Her wing will heal, and Celina’s opponent is bound to the earth. The breaking of her wing is a risk the pale mare was willing to take. Even as her eyes (their pupils blown large with adrenaline) search and body feels for a sign of the chestnut’s next move, Celina brings her bloody mouth as close to Lilliana’s ear as she can to murmur quietly.

“Entertain me long enough, and I’ll leave you be.” It is probably a lie, but what she says next is not. “Or bore me, and I will entertain myself by taking my sister early. If she is strong she will heal, no matter how I might need to get her out.” A good test of her possible-favorite, Celina thinks with a leer

@[lilliana]

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

There is nothing that revolts her more than the sensation of Celina’s fine skin as it comes between her teeth. She could bite harder. She should bite harder than she does. Maybe she should jerk her own head so that the pale skin might break and bleed as she is already broken and bleeding. Something in Lilliana urges her to fight - a primal instinct passed from mare to foal since the time of the first dawn that tells every horse that there is only fight or flight.

Only the fight has never been in her and as Celina already knows, the copper mare is very much an earth-bound soul.

It’s the revulsion that propels her away. Lilliana recoils away from the winged mare before she can force herself to break the pale woman’s skin. As the red mare goes to pull away, Celina’s weight comes crashing down - breaking over Lilliana like a breaking wave - down, down, down! The Taigan has nowhere else to go behind her and so her body instinctively swings to the left, leaving her already wounded shoulder and the right side of her neck exposed to Celina and her gnashing teeth as the chestnut mare tries to side-step away.

As Celina’s right wing tangles between her legs at that precise moment, Lilliana feels her balance shift and out of pure desperation, the copper mare reaches out. She can’t fall. She can’t - that is something that could harm her unborn child and Lilliana takes no risks when it comes to her children. She has done whatever she has had to ensure the safety of Nashua and Yanhua and now this one - Celina’s sister.

Lilliana feels her stomach shift wildly to the left (and the rest of her body promising to follow) as the red mare reaches to the right to grab the base of Celina’s neck where her lovely white mane shimmers in the Pangean sun. The younger mare could be used as a counter-balance while Lilli tries to prevent herself from falling (or right herself). That is the hope, anyway. It doesn’t occur to her that she might be bringing them down.

It doesn't occur to her (though @[Celina] might catch a glimpse of it, as rage and fury run through her like river rapids while Lilliana tries to clamp down) that the last time she had felt this desperate was the day that Elaina had told her to 'run'; how she felt as unable to protect her beloved cousin as she felt that she was failing her unborn daughter now.

LILLIANA

if i ever get to heaven
    i've got a long list of questions

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind
    This is what Celina wanted.

This is fun.

The buzz of the outside world falls away, leaving her attention focused entirely on the bleeding opponent in front of her. The sound of their heaving breaths and the smell of sweat mingles. The only blood in the air is Lilliana’s though, and Celina nearly laughs when the older woman pulls away without taking advantage of the grip she’d had. There’s no surefire way to destroy her kind, but ripping them to pieces has been moderately effective in the past. It seems Lilliana is unwilling to make the necessary effort to truly defend herself. This makes Celina all the more determined, and she bites at the exposed side of Lilliana’s neck even as the other begins to stumble.

The sharp tug at her navy mane is unexpected, and Celina’s hind end pivots to the side instinctively, ready to kick out at her attacker’s barrel.

Remembering her sister at the last moment, Celina instead snaps out a wing and her hind feet remain on the ground. It is the wrong choice, at least for Celina. Her feathered wing shields the unborn child from the impact of hitting the ground, breaking in a dozen places in order to do so. The rest of the impact is softened by the river into which Lilliana has fallen. Her shattered wing burns, but Celina hardly notices.

Instead, she watches as the red form of the Taigan mare is swept away by the rapid current of spring-melt snow.
    Celina curses the broken wing that will prevent her from tracking Lilliana by air. She considers heading down the river to find the woman and continue their fun, but the importance of finding her father is more pressing.

The uncomfortable sensation that she knows is healing ripples down the length of her broken wing. Snarling, Celina reaches back and rips at the base of the wing with her teeth until it falls away entirely. The blood loss makes her dizzy as the white wing becomes spattered with red, but in time the world comes back into focus. The healing is back, but this time focused on a single location. Much more bearable. She makes to push the wing into the river, but she decides at the last moment to leave it lie and she continues the search for Wolfbane.

Perhaps the eyeless dragon will enjoy it.
    @[lilliana]

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type