• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she is indeed the epitome of love and sacrifice; Castile
    The dead middle of winter is always the hardest. The snow falls and drifts across Taiga's land. The trees stopping some of winters chaos, the snow piles hard and tall against the boarder of trees while the only place to seek shelter is in the hidden dens tucked away deep inside Taiga's woods. 

The buckskins coat had thickened quite a bit in the last few weeks, preparing for the biting cold that was to come, it had made the scar across her muzzle almost invisible. Her eyes were bright and alert as the cold of the morning bit at her ears. She had set out to find the sorrel stallion from the takeover, the stallion who Owin had disclosed to her was truely Castile. 

As her her legs sank into the deep snow, the top layer cracking as she went, she began a brisk patrol of the borders. Owin had informed her that he often sensed the man's mind wandering said borders and maybe today she would be lucky enough to chance upon him. Owin was not with her, he was off on his own patrol on the opposite side near Nerine and Hyaline. She smiled at how thoughtful her son had grown to be, knowing full well he had given her the side of Taiga that would eventually warm up a bit the closer she got to Tephra and Sylva. Sometimes the volcanoes heat would carry on the wind current and warm the air just enough that the chill didn't soak to her bones.

It doesn't take her long to find him. The snow had become softer and easier to navigate. It was a relief to feel her ears start to thaw out as she pushed forward at a quick pace. Though her and Lilliana had had conversations prior to her being stolen, ones of which included Castile. She was still weary as to why the man felt he needed to disguise himself as someone he wasn't... and what his fascination with Nash was, she quickly reminded herself.

Her amethyst eyes were welcoming as she called out to the stallion, as to not startle him, but her face was serious. She let her voice drop quietly in the open, something about the dead of winter always seemed to make the vibrations in the natural world quiet and everything else seemed louder. Why have you come to Taiga as someone who you are not? she asks in a brisk whisper.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Castile] ooc: hoping this can be the official thread where she asks Castile to join Taiga, for a while at least, and be their champion. (:
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    It’s only a matter of time until his ruse comes to a close and the curtains pulled back. Castile anticipated recognition by scent, but instead, it was a young boy thumbing through his mind.

(If only we had mind blocking like mother)
    This has gone on long enough.

A deep breath escapes him, a plume spiraling from his nostrils toward the treetops high above. Thoughtfully, Castile watches as it gradually dissipates into oblivion until there is another exhalation to take its place. A drifting blink moments later concludes his musings, his attention latching back onto the string of trees spanning on both sides. Border patrol. It’s easy enough, but the trees often mask thieves. Shadows swallow the bodies of trespassers in a way that Loess never could. Admittedly, he misses the openness of his previous home and the simplicity of observing him from the sky. Here, he is confined, both by his decision and the lack of wing space.

With the fallen snow, the mare’s footsteps are muffled, but Castile still hears her. Acute senses – attributed to his hunter mentality – notice her almost immediately, but he waits patiently until she is closer before turning. Her words are hooks, catching him unexpectedly.

It was only a matter of time.

Castile faces her in his sorrel skin, allowing his nutmeg eyes to swiftly search her. A lopsided, boyish grin tugs at the corner of his mouth. In a heartbeat’s time, his skin ripples to that of its natural color. A band of gold shoots handsomely across his muzzle and the russet color of Rocky reverts to a piebald pattern. Notably, his eyes return to their natural, mismatched state of orange and silver. For the first time, Castile faces the mare as himself, without further deception. There’s something freeing about it, a weight lifted from his shoulders as their gaze meets. ”Truthfully, it wasn’t my intention.” She did not ask his name; therefore, not only does she know it, but she knows of him. A rolling shrug ripples through his shoulders as he reflects back on the past few weeks. ”Nash found me disguised as I was. I was just taking a breath, away from politics, thus the disguise.” Castile flirts with arrogance, so he obviously wasn’t ashamed of his identity; he just didn’t want to be recognized for once.

It's tempting to stretch himself further by exploiting his draconic self – shift his wings into vision, ripple scales across his skin, sharpen his teeth – but he continues to resist for her own comfort and sanity in this first official meeting. The urges simmer beneath the calmness of his face as he waits for further questioning.

castile

@[Izora Lethia]
    A matter of time.

Everything comes to light over a matter of time, everything changes over a matter of time.

When the sorrel's boyish grin reaches his face she matches it with her own youthful smile. It is like a dream as he changes in front of her, his true form out shinning the simple one he had chosen to hide himself away. She does not know why but as her eyes inspect him, from the gold strap across his face to his smokey black back, the tabiano takes her breath away for the briefest of moments. He was handsome, even when he was disguised the confident way he held himself and the beauty of his simplicity had not escaped her, but truly seeing and meeting him for the first time had her intrigued. Maybe if she had not been so busy, she might have questioned this part of herself. As it was, even now, she had business to address. The small hitch in her breath and the small flutter in her belly never really made it to her face.

The face she held was a calm and peaceful one. Her amethyst eyes held its gaze to his mismatched pair as she tilted her head in response to his explanation of politics. This could be potentially problematic for her and Lilliana's plans. They had talked to great lengths on who they felt would be a good match for Taiga as their champion. So much was happening since Aten -her gut dropped- had disappeared. Though Taiga was a peaceful territory, open to all who needed to find shelter and comfort, they needed someone in their corner who could defend them as well. That is why Aten had gone to the mountain shortly before his disappearance to retain the ability to mimic the mighty dragons of Beqanna. Her and Lilliana agreed, especially with the turmoil growing from Pangea, that they needed someone else like that.

Well, if politics were what you were trying to escape Taiga wasn't really the best choice for your wanderings. she offered with a genuine chuckle. Her voice fell softly, like bells dancing slowly through and around the giant redwoods Though, I would have to say it seems like fate that you should wander into Taiga on the heels of one of her leaders children. the buckskin mare's eyes seemed to lighten a shade as her statement resonated deep inside of her. She had always been one to believe deeply in fate, and chance, was he? It is nice to meet you officially... @[Castile] . 
    Lethy
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile finds solace in the softness of the mare’s eyes. A deep breath expands his lungs and blossoms warmth across the entirety of his body. It settles through each of his muscles, wringing out the tension and worry that has built up during this charade. Finally, she sees him truly. Transparent, he matches her languid state, relieved to having lifted the burden.

Alas, with the removal of one complication there is another to take its place. How funny the timing is. Nash invited him to Taiga; it was never meant to be permanent, or even interesting enough to stay longer than a day. The plan was to see the boy’s home, to acquaint himself while under this disguise, and then return to his newly-determined nomadic lifestyle.

Of course, he arrives to the forest during an uprising.

With both internal and external struggles choking them – Taigans – of air, Lethy finds Castile and muses his peculiar timing as well. A half chuckle escapes him, his mind willing to humor her for now. Thus far, the Taigans have been nothing short of welcoming and hospitable (Ruthless is in her own, appropriately named category for now). It would be in poor taste to shunt them now after all of this, after even defending the mare’s position as leader. Shrugging, he simply states, ”Fate is a funny thing.” The boyish grin is still there, his eyes glimmering in amused mischief. ”I’m still figuring out if I arrived at the perfect time or the worst time,” because, as he confessed, he escaped to the meadow for a needed break. It was an abbreviated experience. ”I guess there’s never truly a way to avoid politics,” he thinks aloud, blinking as he peers toward the treetops for a heartbeat before dropping his mismatched eyes again on Izora Lethia. ”One day, I hope to have a quiet herd, separated from any kingdom, but then again,” he trails off in a brief pause, considering the scenario carefully, ”I’m not sure how long I could last before getting bored.” A throaty chuckle punctuates the far-off dream, marking it as a fantasy that will never come to pass.

Sweeping the length of his metallic tail, Castile gropes for his diplomatic manners, settling easily enough into place. ”A pleasure to meet your acquaintance as well,” he tries not to laugh at himself as he suddenly realizes how deeply Rocky has become ingrained in himself.

castile

@[Izora Lethia]
    The peacefullness of her radiates softly away from her body, her invisible wisps of peace tickling the air around her. The purple in her eyes matching the ease of this conversation, pulling softly at the corners of her mouth. She did not feel like she needed to hold her safety blanket so close to herself for the first time in many, many days. Something about the vulnerability that Castile was showing to her made her want to drop her guard to match. His true self for a small piece of her. When he flashes her his boyish grin the peaceful lines that carved her face were replaced by her own youthful lines.

Sometimes, life has a way of surprising us. she says in response to his dreams of an independent heard. Funny enough that is what Aten had intended to do before meeting her, he had never planned to be a one mate horse. A small chuckle quivered over her lips at the mention of growing bored. Even the smallest of families carry their own secrets and drama, you may not get as bored as you think. Her eyes scanned the trees that surrounded them and then made their way to the clouding sky. They were thick and full, another wave of snow would be on them soon.

If I am being honest, it is unfortunate for me that you are trying to take a breather from the politics of this world. Your reputation proceeds you, Castile. his name falls from her mouth in a quiet wisp of hope. Her amethyst eyes made their way back to his mismatched gaze slowly. Though I don't know you personally, Lilliana and I had talked at great lengths before she was stolen about Taiga's Champion... your name had been one that had been discussed. she inhaled deeply, I can't say I didn't have my own concerns. The only time I had heard your  name was when Lepis had lead. The Island Resort refused our offer of alliance because of our ties to you, for reasons I do not know. But I trust Lilliana's judgement - where I lack in our leadership, she excels. I have never been one to not trust before given a reason. She knew she this speech was taking forever, her purple eyes darted at the ground and a shiver crept through her spine. She had forgotten that she had let her false security of peace losen its hold on her and with it the weather had grown colder. With little effort she wrapped her peaceful blanket tight, returned to @[Castile] and with a warm smile softly offered her invitiation. Would you like to be Taiga's champion, Castile? I would like the opportunity to get to know you she finished with a gentle smile. 
    Lethy
    IMG-20190524-092123-677