• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

these nights never go to plan; izora lethia

who gives a damn if we lose the war?

For the first two years of his short life, Voracity had been drawn away from Pangea to explore the different lands of Beqanna. Something though had drawn him to Taiga first. Maybe it was his father's blood that coursed through him. His great grandfather, Demian, had been a large factor in pushing back the mist and revealing this place when the mountain had risen and the lands had rearranged. Demian had loved and respected this beautiful forest he had come to call home and rule.

If Voracity was the superstitious type and knew his family's history, he may truly have believed that he was here for that reason. That, or ending up here would have been a simple decision and not just a supernatural draw to the forest.

With careful steps, Voracity slowly made his way through the winter's snow and watched as the sun glittered brilliantly off the snow covered pines overhead. Winter was his most hated season due to the cold temperatures and wet nature of the weather, though he had a hard time denying to himself that it was in fact, pretty.

It's only moments before he notices a buckskin mare standing up ahead and for a moment a war wages in his mind. Should he ignore her? Should he approach her? Coming to a stop, he watches her carefully, his body wiggling as he tries to fight the cold from sinking towards his bones. It's the freezing temperatures that push him forward and before long he finds himself next to the mare, his heart beating slowly as a blue eye gazes upwards. "Hello," he greets her. "Do you know who I would talk to about living here? The question is unexpected, even for him, but instead of feigning his surprise his features stay calm and relaxed, though the breath in his chest threatens to quicken.

VORACITY

let the walls come down. let the engines roar.

THANKS FOR THE HTML LAURA !

@[Izora Lethia] Hi, Voracity would like to join Taiga. He also doesn't know about any of the drama going on. He just likes the forest Big Grin
    [Image: mNiVeEy.png]
    So much had kept her busy lately. How did Aten do this for so long? The chaos of an almost takeover and that predicament in the hours of a late winters night when she was certain she would be taken... but then her friends and family came to her side. That is what Taiga is about, family.

No one would blame her if they found her completely and utterly alone right now, her face lifted towards the warming sun. The chill of winter barely penetrating her warm blanket of peace that had wrapped itself - invisibly - tightly around her. It is when she hears the approach of another behind her that she moves her attention elsewhere. Her instincts told her the approaching being was smaller and didn't carry any hostility with them and so she waits, her deep purple eyes watching the snow drift softly from the redwoods upper branches.

When the boy speaks she turns her body gently in his direction. The grullo boy pulled a warm, welcoming smile to her face. Her Kalil was about his age. Her heart ached softly for her son who had disappeared suddenly with her mate. Her heart followed them where ever they had gone, but right now her mind needed to be here with Taiga. I suppose that would be me, now. she said softly. Her voice was gentle, soft, and welcoming - always. It was a reflection of the gentle mother-mare that she was. I am the matriarch of Taiga, for now. My name is Izora Lethia, but you may call  me Lethy.

She moves now, closer to the boy leaving footprints that would one day vanish behind her. And, who do I have the pleasure of welcoming to Taiga? she asked curiously, noticing the small shiver that made its way to the boys bones. With a gentle push, Lethy's magic curled softly through the air - once again invisible - it flowed a soft pale yellow around the boys torso. Maybe some peace would offer his body some rest from the frigid cold? She mentally noted that as soon as this conversation was over he would have to introduce this boy to Nash and show him where all the best coverings are in Taiga so that he could stay out of the winters bite.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[voracity]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677