• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Nothing burns like the cold, Elouera
    There are only brief moments in which he finds himself truly alone, and the northern Freyr thinks that's just about right - but when he leaves the Isle behind, he leaves it on wings in the night - in and out, but then the other way around. A brief escape on a time of day no visitors would arrive through the treacherous dark waters surrounding Icicle Isle - and they would easily be seen in the ever-present Aurora lights if one approached through the skies.

Come midnight, he has landed near the river, and folded his dragon wings into nothingness upon his back. The dragon-shifter rids himself of most draconic elements as he trots through the forest, so as to pose as little a threat to potential game as possible - until it's too late for them, of course.

It's not game, or even fruits, however that he finds today. A dark and silvery mare enters his range of vision, which truly is better than most others in the dark. Only the metallic gold and the only slightly duller ice scales give him away at a night like this, when the white moon and stars illuminate little that doesn't have a reflective surface.

He approaches in a slower trot than before, so she has ample time to hear and smell him before she has to respond. When he nears the silvery figure, he does have to agree that she is a feast for the eyes as well - but remembering times where that lead to children, and the why and how of it, he stores any such ideas away real quick. "I'd wonder why you're up alone at night, but I can see the moonlight compliments you well." he offers by ways of a greeting, halting a little farther away than normal. He tilts his head and shrugs a little. It's not her fault he has a hard time approaching mares he doesn't yet know, this time of year. He doesn't want to know how long ago it was (exactly 4 years) that she left with the Other. The kelpie. He almost shakes his head, but remembers the mare he just approached, just in time not to.

"I'm Leilan," he states into the sound of the crickets, his blue eyes taking in her face for a reaction. "I hope you don't mind my passing by."
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Elouera] I just noticed I never made you a thread! Sorry it's late. Tilted it to late summer/early autumn since tomorrow or so would be the season change here.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |