• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hurry, the sun is waking
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    It feels familiar, this place, but she cannot recall why. The feeling that settles inside her is that of deja-vu; it is as if she dreamt this place, envisioned what would happen, but she lost it just like dreams usually fade - and yet the place, the view she currently has, is familiar enough to stir feelings of vague recognition.

The waves crash behind her, disrupting the calm that has settled inside the moonlit, alabaster mare. The thing is, she is not going to remember anything else. She’s been here for hours, and nothing new came to her but the odd feeling that she has been here before, that she has seen this place - no, this very instant in time. She doesn’t even remember that she has such visions often - that she was gifted with this precognition long before, after helping to save an ice queen; no, an unknown really. The ice queen had wanted the healing stone not for herself.

But the white mare doesn’t remember. She has taken in the sound of the waves, the tiniest movements the stars make, the path of the moon through the sky; as if stirred by the moon’s descent, only then does she start moving, and leaves behind the cold waves of the Beach. Leaves behind a death she doesn’t remember she just escaped. A turbulent life, meddling with politics - a sacrifice she had been willing to make; all of it is left behind.

She doesn’t remember dying, doesn’t remember if it was a beast or horse that took her, accident or murder - and she doesn’t need to know, even if she knew she has been dead.

The sun is coming up, and a moon-coloured mare makes her way from the grey sea behind her, towards the colorful lands of Beqanna.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

Tldr: she lost her life last year and I haven’t established if this is because of anything happening or quite by accident/running into a predator. She has self-healing and probably regenerated back from a skull or something; but she doesn’t have any memory. Of course she still has her precognition trait which is gonna be an interesting conflicting thing for her to discover, for sure.
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time