• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

**Activity Check / Lethy meeting** - Ends 5/01/20
    She walks softly with her amethyst eyes closed, her head tilted up towards the mosaic canopy above. She can picture the fallen, moss covered log that she creeps up on and the new sapling that protrudes in a semi open space, hoping to one day be as giant and commanding as the other redwoods that surround it. She moves through her home gracefully -- peacefully.

Of course it has troubled her that Aten has been gone for so long, but she has convinced herself that if something tragic had happened to him that she would feel in deep inside her bones. She is convinced that the pain would be to much to mask with her ability and her inner being would crumble and dissolve into the roots of her home. These convictions are what keep her moving forward with the warm smile of the mother, wife, and friend that she is.

Forward, towards that epicenter of their forest that has in an odd way became a place of declarations, of heart break, of reassurance, and of family ever since Wolfbane and Lepis used it to throw their world into chaos.

When she finally reaches where her intentions have lead her she opens her eyes, the sun catching her deep, purple iris'. She couldn't deny that she was nervous, that she had no idea what she would say but she sends out the call to her fellow Taigans to come. Her voice had never reached as far as it did today, as it is right now. 

Quiet, little Lethy. She was much more than that now. She stood proudly, not on top of that thrown that Wolfbane so callously led on but down in the meadow, surrounded by autumn flowers, where her family and friends would surely join her. The buckskin mare watched as they came and gathered, her gentle smile and amethyst eyes greeting each one with tenderness and gratitude. She reached out to each individual and handed them their own invisible wisp of peace, all while wrapping herself softly with her gift. Her breathing softened and her nerves stopped prickling the surface of her being.

"Thank you all for coming. I call you here today only to inform you of Aten's extended absence from Taiga, which I am sure you all have noticed. There is no doubt inside of me that he is okay, and I whole heart-ed believe that he will return soon. In the meantime, I have called you to ask for your blessing to step up while Aten is gone to run and protect our land. With that being said, anyone that knows me, knows that I am not a fighter but the peace I can offer should hold back any conflict until he returns - especially with help from all of you. If you have any other suggestions or opinions, I would love to hear them. Every voice matters right now." 

As she waited and watched her gathering friends, each one brought a special memory to her heart. These horses weren't simply residences to her and this land wasn't simply that. They were all her home, and she'll be damned if something or someone happens to Taiga while Aten isn't here.

tldr; Lethy is calling a meeting to ask Taigans for their blessing to lead in Aten's absence. Gamergirl hasn't been active for a while and with all of this stuff going on in the world I first and foremost hope that she is okay, secondly I would slap myself if someone thought they could attack or steal Taiga away from us once again because she is inactive. (: I would like her added to the rankings as The Matron (thanks Star, for the idea) leading beside Aten.  Also, this is an activity check. 
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Her dun ears flick forward at the sound of a raised voice. Those are uncommon in Taiga. Well, a voice raised in summons is uncommon – there are often shouts and squeals of play here.

For all that she’d told her father that she was widening her hunting grounds, Celina still finds herself most comfortable in the woods she has known since birth. The fishing is good along the shore, and the redwoods are full of shadows. It is a good place for the pale-eyed creature. The summons has interrupted her foraging, but having been unable to find any of those particular mushrooms, she chooses to answer the summons.

Well, mostly to answer it, for she lingers at the shadowy edges of the clearing. Celina is pale enough to be visible and she does not try to hide herself, but she makes it quite clear that she is here only to listen – not to participate. There is a buckskin mare climbing to the top of the stone outcropping to address them. It’s the best place to do so, Celina remembers her mother telling her, the acoustics were good and one need not raise their voice to be heard. There were downsides in using a high spot as well, but Celina has forgotten most of them. Such measly things do not matter in the life that she lives now.

Aten is missing, seems to be the premise of the whole meeting, and Izora Lethia is going to be leading for him. Celina remembers the purple-eyed mare - she was Poppy’s mother – but she is not certain that she has seen Aten about. Well, she thinks, forgetting for a moment that her father is not the parent she parrots in this moment: that’s what happens when you let something out of the family – no one else can be trusted.

Izora Lethia promises peace and a lack of conflict, which sound incredibly boring. Celina yawns, and turns.

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

ooc: celina is here living in taiga, but she didn't really attend the meeting!
    NASHUA

”Nashua,” his mother whispers firmly.

The chestnut pegasus pulls his feathers closer against his sides and arches his neck, eyeing his younger brother curiously. They’ve been called together for a meeting - something out of the usual for them. Nashua is bright-eyed and he watches the horses gather with curiosity, turning his head eagerly for the few who gather.

When he catches the eye of his younger twin, the winged boy smirks.

Whatever impish thing that Nash is considering is met with a touch on his haunch and the growing colt meets Lilliana’s watchful gaze.

Fine, he thinks. He can stand still.

It’s harder than he assumes and the flaxen boy reaches out to playfully nip his mother’s side. He shifts his weight, pressing into her and then away - wondering what could be so important that they had to stand quietly for so long. The colt raises his head to peer over Lilliana’s side, he can’t meet Yan’s eye again.

He doesn’t have to though.

The buckskin mare ahead of them is speaking, addressing the group. (And Nashua looks around to see if he can glimpse the sorrel stallion who had followed him home from the Meadow. What of the mare, @[kota], who they had come across on one of his ‘travels’? There is the scent of another male in these woods too, haunting the fog.)

What the mare is talking of is, though, little interest to him. Nashua is more intrigued by the pale shape lingering at the edge of the shadows. Celina, he thinks. His sister doesn’t stay long enough for him to seek her out though, vanishing into the treeline almost as soon as @[Izora Lethia] finishes speaking. His head turned and watching her go, he almost misses when his mother murmurs, ”Wait here.”

Lilliana gently presses a smile into the top of Yanhua’s head and then reaches out to gently graze Nash’s cheek. ”I’ll be right back.”

Their copper mother approaches the older mare, apparently talking on several topics. She doesn’t come right back so with an inquiring tilt of his head for his brother to follow, Nashua approaches too. Her voice sounds.. different, strained. ”I’ll go to Nerine,” he hears, ”and ask Neverwhere for help.”

The copper colt takes another step closer, his ears pricked to catch her next words. ”You have my blessing, Lethy. Not that you need it.” He stops and glances to the purple-eyed mare, ”But I intend to lead alongside you. I had spoken to Aten about it once. Taiga needs a Guardian and together, we could do that. We could protect these woods.”

There are other things that she’s speaking of - something along the lines that the Forest needs change. That they need to do something different. She has ideas but there are things that need to be discussed with his Aunt Neverwhere first. Taiga needs a new perspective, she says.

Finally coming against her side, Nashua looks up into her blue eyes. ”What does perspective mean?”

and for every king that died
    they would crown another

@[Skeleton Ghoul] tagging you Nauty if he wants to come say hello!

sorry this took so long. wanted to get something up for you!
    but ooc-wise: she plans on co-leading with Lethia. ^^
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]
    She does not miss the shimmering ripple on the edge of the meeting. Though Celina did not interject her opinion in the meeting she had called a small pull of an appreciative smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. She knew that these things were not of interest to young horses, as was evident in the way one of Lilliana's boys becomes restless while his mother joins Lethy.

The buckskin mare nods her head in affirmation as her friend talks of her plans to talk to Neverwhere and the changes that Taiga needs. She agreed with her. Taiga had grown stagnant, but unpredictable all at the same time. The outside pressures where always there, while the inhabitants become ever changing (some leaving, others coming, but only a handful stay to call it home). A conversation with Lilliana on further plans was first on her list with her co-leader.

Any uncertainty of this meeting that had evaded Lethy's gift when she had started, was squelched as Lilliana joined her side in helping lead. Even if Aten never returned, her stomach tightened in nauseating flips with the thought, she knew that she would be able to keep their home and guard their home just as he would with the help of @[lilliana]. Lilliana, I would like nothing more than to have you by my side. I have no doubt in our abilities to keep Taiga and make Taiga what it should be. Does anyone else have anything to add? It is okay if you simply want to be, Taiga is open to all who need a place to simply be, but if you want to be apart in growing and changing Taiga into better things please do not be afraid to say so.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

It is by pure accident that Kota stumbles upon the meeting - she is late, but she does arrive. The ghostmare has been floating around the ancient forest freely since following Lilliana and Nashua back here some days ago. Her father followed them for most of the trip, but continued on through and even more north. Kota lingers here with the drifting fog, but she does not intend to make herself a hermit of the woodlands…

She approaches next to Nashua who appears to be intently eavesdropping on his mother’s important conversation. She smiles playfully down to him and walks passed, stopping at a respectful distance from the mares. “Hello again Lilliana,” she nods, her milky voice low but clear enough to not be a mumble. “If I can be of any assistance, at all, call on me.” She looks to the buckskin mare, “I am a healer,” and her blue eyes flit back to Lilliana, “and a well traveled sleuth,” she chuckles, “when the time calls for it.

Kota
    those great whites,
    they have big teeth

kota wants to be a part of taiga - shee can be a sneaky sneaky and also a nurse ! <3

if i stare into the abyss, will it stare into me?

The weeks spent here in the woods of Taiga have been largely spent in blessed silence. Occasionally, here and there, the giant stallion heard loud laughter and the shrieks of young horses playing, but always in the distance, and always easily avoided. The air is cool, even as the last weeks of summer have left Beqanna behind with the thick whisper of hot days. Here in the redwoods, the chill prevails, and that suits Skeleton Ghoul just fine.

He supposes he can't avoid the others forever. When the call for a "meeting" of sorts echoes through the trees, the titanic stallion listens and heads towards the sound with a ponderous sigh. Skel isn't the most social of creatures, and the thought of meeting everyone who lives here is one that already serves to sour his mood. But when he arrives, lurking out of the mist, there is only a handful of horses... is this all there is? This paltry smattering of equines spread over such a vast distance? No wonder Skeleton Ghoul hasn't really seen anyone.

Sadly, the eighteen hand titan has missed most of what is said, and so he stands there, empty white gaze surveying those around him. Something about protecting Taiga, or some such. If the land needs defending, Skeleton Ghoul doubts the herd of littles he's looking at can do much about it, but he will keep that thought to himself.

OOC: he's late to the party

SKELETON GHOUL

[Image: qZyWUwo.png]
    Ooc: Owin, Felicitey, and Oectra are also active in Taiga. Owin is willing to help with protecting and diplomacy when needed and Felicitey and Oectra are here for the ride.
    poppy is here as feckless resident! i meant to write her a post but then I didn't because I, too, am feckless