• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Sweet Sting || Starsin ||

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

What, she didn’t strike like the viper she thought herself to be? He was exposing himself to her, literally, by opening up that vessel inside of himself which kept his blood moving and his eyes open. That which was the source of all their problems, as she accurately guessed. Where was her hissing now? Where was the spitting venom? Why was she taking a step back when, for everyone’s benefit, Starsin should be lunging toward him?

Bane waitied, painfully. A sick part of him was elated when the star-mare came forward again, her silver nose outstretched as if to test his limits. He held up well under the scrutiny at first, shivering gently from the raw feeling of her muzzle inspecting his bared flesh, thinking that at any moment it could be over and he would be free from the hell he’d trapped himself into. She could release him - and why not? Starsin, the steadfast pony who’d held rank and Sylva together for years and years… she was as good as any horse, and she was here right now to finish the job. She could take his burden if she wished and let him go to the ether where Wolfbane belonged.

The darkness of the void had swallowed his entire being a long time ago. She’d be doing everyone a favor, really.

Do it, he thought repetitively. Do it, do it, DO IT he wanted to scream, struggling to breath evenly through his gritted teeth. He closed his eyes and waited, half-torn between stopping her and embracing the inevitable. But nothing happened.

He opened his eyes, looked down at her in the svelte black of the night and saw, clearly, his blood stained on her lips. Just a taste. Starsin had only taken a small taste. “I thought not.” He spat at her and shifted in an instant, twisting in on himself like a horse-drawn sheet of paper only to unfold again as a black sparrow that darted off quickly into the cover of Syvla’s bloody canopy. “Where’s your fire gone, Starshit?” he mocked her, unseen, “Afraid of what Lepis might say?”

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal, Wingless  ◉  Mood: Irritated

@[Starsin]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Something seems to change when she does not go for his heart. The air around them shifts, seems to constrict, a darkening, and a tightening. It sets her senses on edge, makes her keep a finger on the trigger of her shattering. She had not killed him when he offered, but that did not mean her mercy was absolute. She did not understand the full scope of his curse and would not pretend to, and that was the only thing that caused her to hesitate.

He spits his vitriol at her, and she thinks she possibly regrets not killing him.

Funny, how she typically regrets her kindness.

He disappears into the canopy above, and her ears pin into the locks of her mane, eyes narrowing. “Why are you running, Wolf-lame?” She all but snarls as she stalks him from below, her eyes following the sound of rustling wings and disturbed limbs. Her attention focuses on the limb he had just landed on, and she shatters it. She continues, destroying each one in rapid succession, ignoring the smaller debris that falls and artfully dodging the larger pieces.

She is aiming for him, but any that knew Starsin would know how rarely she missed her target. And yet time after time, she keeps herself a heartbeat behind Wolfbane; even on the few occasions she catches him in the crosshairs of her stare.

She spares him, but it’s not entirely out of kindness anymore.

“You and I both know if anyone deserves to kill you, it’s Lepis,” she says into the darkness above. “I will not rob her of that.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Wolfbane]