• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

at night you'll live it all again | divest
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

His head is definitely heavier.

At first, Gale had thought that the white blurs at the edges of his vision were clouds, or perhaps the aftereffects of his encounter with the fae. Yet as he has flown back to the Resort, they remain a permanent fixture. When he lands, belly-deep in the gentle waves, the first thing he does after wading to the shallows is peer down at his reflection. He must tilt his head this way and that, squinting against the reflection of the bright afternoon sun. Yes, there is something there, somethings on either side of his head. Not until he sees another horse nearby and shares their vision for just a brief moment does he realize exactly what they are.

They are horns! Brilliantly white, sprouting on either side of his mane and curling along his jaw. He’s not seen horns like these before, and certainly not on his own head, and his curiosity nearly causes him to forget the horse whose vision he’d borrowed to identify them. Nearly. But not quite.

“Divest!” he calls. For of course it is the mint mare who finds him first, who comes across him as he discovers the first of his gifts from the fae.

“Hey Divest!” he repeats, choosing to cut the distance between them himself by cantering through the shallow waves and then up onto the beach. His spiral mane streams out behind him, and he adds a few playful kicks before sliding to a stop in front of his favorite resort resident. “Check out these sweet horns!” he says, lowering his head to better show her.

@[Divest]

The tropical island felt a little bit empty ever since Blue had left. It was a strange feeling for her. Loneliness? Is that what it is? She wonders as the days come and go. Divest had always been good about keeping herself occupied and enjoying the moments of being alone. For some reason this time she could not. She could not shake away the feeling that bubbled within her stomach, the feeling she could only identify that she was missing someone.

It made sense for her to feel a bit lonely. She enjoyed the company of Blue very much. Feeling his absence only seemed natural. Blue had been a consistent face she saw almost every couple of days on the Resort. It had become something she looked forward to, expected to the very least, see him often. Perhaps she looked too forward to see him frequently, not expecting his presence had been simpler just like the time she had learned to not expect her mother to return.

Shaking her head, the pastel mare tosses her silver mane out of her gaze. Divest lets her thoughts slip away. It was only dangerous for her to get too deep in her thoughts. Keeping herself busy was always better.

Looking towards the sky through the canopy of the tropical trees, it was a beautiful and inviting day. Visiting the beach seemed like a good idea to distract her. Without wasting a second, the pastel mare makes her way towards the beach.

The crashing of waves against the seashore reaches her ears before she steps onto the white sandy beach. Immediately she feels the warm afternoon sun on her, she steps out into the light more, feeling its inviting touch of warmth. Her silver eyes then scan across the horizon and then to investigating the shoreline.

She quickly catches sight of the familiar silhouette in the distance. Divest takes a few steps more forward naturally, and a joyous smile curls on her lips immediately at the realization of who it is. The mint mare watches him curiously though as he stares at his reflection. His new finely shaped white horns were very noticeable, and she wonders what sort of adventures he got up to while away.

Feeling curious to ask, the pastel mare makes her way towards him. Her presence is quickly noticed by Blue as he calls out to her and makes his way over to her quickly. Excitement is exhilarating through him as he canters through the shallow waves and playfully kicks a few times causing her smile to widen as she watches his current delightful state.

“Hi Blue!” She says greeting him warmly back as he comes closer. When he lowers his head to show her his horns, a soft delightful laugh escape through her lips. “Wow! They really are magnificent!” Her silver eyes trace along the faun horns, noticing their brilliant white coloring. “They look so heavy. Does your head hurt?” She asks curiously wondering what such horns would feel like on her own head for a moment.

@[Gale]
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

“They are a little heavy,” Gale admits. It’s really his neck that’s sore, he thinks to himself, not really his head. “But I’m sure I’ll get used to them quickly.” He lifts his head up as if to demonstrate he’s already becoming adjusted. He is not, of course, but he had liked the way Divest had said they looked ‘magnificent.’ Maybe she’ll like them from this angle too, and maybe she’ll notice how bright his mane is today. He’d spent a lot of time soaking in the sea to prepare to face the Mountain.

(There hadn’t been sound in the memory, but Gale could remember standing between his siblings. Eyas on the right, Tiercel on the left. Mother would ensure they looked their best, plucking out stray bits of grass and brushing off the mud they always managed to find. Looking nice is important. That might not have been the lesson that the Cleric had been trying to empart, but it is the one that the memory has taught Gale.)

Able to easily put names to his siblings and mother, he still somehow realizes a moment too late that Divest has called him Blue.

“I found out my real name,” he tells her excitedly. “And I found my sister. Eyas. We’re going to find our parents soon!” The bright eyes horse shifts about in the water, enthusiastic and eager to share these new things with his only friend. “My name is Gale. I was born in Loess, and my family lives there. Well, some of them, at least.”

@[Divest]