• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Life Isn't All Rainbows |Any|
    Nolin

He had lurked, parents with there own problems since his birth. In fact, his own father was barely around and maybe that was what made Nolin such a grouch. But it could also be the fact that his mother had created a new life with a new stag no sooner than his birth.

None the less he quietly lurked in his birth home for all this time...but he finally moved from the quiet kingdom, his body carrying him to Pangea. He heard that everyone has gathered to Pangea, even that the culture had taken a darker twist.

But that twist could be exactly what he needs...he wonders exactly what the kingdom is like. And so for the first time in his life he steps foot into the very kingdom his mother fled to start her new life in...he wonders if Athena is here...how he misses the companionship with his sister.

But loss was a way of life, and he hadn't the time to dwell on it. The light colored stag finds himself in the unfamiliar kingdom that leads his home..it looks like it holds secrets, a dark world that he had never faced before. He continues to stalk forward, his gaze flicking through the land, wondering when he would run into another.

Your Past Does Not Define Your Future

A N O M A L Y
    I will seep under your skin.

She's remained confined to Pangea since her adventure in the meadow. She hadn’t told anyone what had happened. What she’d done.  But she’d been experimenting with any number theories following her return.  Unfortunately, it seemed that Pangea’s foliage wasn’t immune to her touch either. She’d slept tucked up next to an acacia tree and even that didn’t seem immune, for the branches were bleached and discolored.  Living still, but changed.

So she’d secluded herself here, for a time, even though she itched with the desire to explore.  However today, it seemed she didn’t need to breach Pangea’s borders to find something new.  She had tracked the green and gold boy as he crossed the border of her home - venturing deeper into the canyonlands. When it was clear he had no intention of stopping, she took a shortcut through the parched landscape to intercept this stranger.

“Who are you?” she asks, simply, when their paths finally cross.  Anomaly is not blessed with advanced social graces, having been raised in isolation for the majority of her young life.  So she doesn’t immediately offer an introduction of her own.

”Are you lost? Or looking for someone?” she asks, for in the very least he looks lost. She doesn’t recognize him and she’s spent her entire life shielded by these canyons.  Her eyes glow vividly as she draws to a halt a safe distance from the stranger.

Drawing Credit
    WARNING: 
    Anomaly is radioactive. 
    Those that touch her may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions. 
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to her blood.
    Nolin

It didn't take long for his adventure to be accompanied by another, something he took note of. His blue eyes glance to the sound of another approaching, and eventually she appears. She was pale in color, but different than his own, with black points.

When she speaks to him he notices she was no diplomat, for she did not attempt to swoon information from him. But he didn't mind it, in fact Nolin was anything but a diplomat, he was never one for all the customs.

No, I'm not lost, he snorts, his gaze finding her green glowing eyes. My name is Nolin, I have lived my whole life in the Cove, but I decided to shift to Pangea. He moves closer to the young girl, And what is your name? he tilts his head, wasn't it courteous to introduce yourself when demanding information?

His gaze leaves her mesmerizing glow to scan back the kingdom. Much darker, it looked like the life had been sucked from it. He wonders what kind of equines live her, in all honesty from the rumors Nolin was the oddball to this kingdom. But he didn't care, he was never afraid of standing out.

@[Anomaly]

A N O M A L Y

Anomaly watched him curiously.  He had certainly appeared lost. There weren’t many that were brave enough to wander freely in these lands. But she hasn’t quite ascertained whether or not this stranger is brave or foolish. Or perhaps both.

”I figured you might be lost. Normally newcomers wait at the border. It’s…” she pauses for a moment, searching for the right word. ”...safer,” is the word she settles on. And it was true. Those who were loyal to Pangea had nothing to fear here. But outsiders?  Outsiders could easily be misinterpreted as prey.  This boy was lucky that at this moment only one full-blooded monster roams Pangea. But the otherworldy are not the only thing strangers need to be wary of here.

”Welcome then, I suppose. I’m Anomaly,” she offers.  Anomaly would have found his thoughts on Pangea amusing. Before her birth this land had been desolate. Now this land was thriving.  And she felt quite an affinity with this place.

”I’ve never seen the Cove. What’s it like?” she asks, curiously. She’s spent so little time outside Pangea she’s curious about the neighboring lands...and what drew Nolin here.

Drawing Credit
    WARNING: 
    Anomaly is radioactive. 
    Those that touch her may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions. 
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to her blood.
    Nolin

It was true, Nolin was no diplomat. He was born to the queen of Silver Cove, and perhaps that boosted his ego. Most would politely wait at the border, but Nolin had missed that lesson in life.

He has heard of the creatures that live in Pangea. Though he does not posses any deathly traits like many may, he certainly has a cold heart like the dead.

His gaze finds hers once more when she spoke, seeming rather shocked that he dare to enter the lands unannounced. But again, he assumed he was welcome having lived in the Cove.

She offers a small welcome, but more importantly her name. Anomaly, he engraves it to his memory, adding in that she was a sight to see. Thank you, he offers a small smirk to her.

She asks about the Cove, and for a moment he ponders it. It's alright, if you like noise. Waterfall and all, its much brighter there than I prefer. He says as he glances at Pangea, the terrain here is much more suiting for him. And Pangea? I've only heard of it, my mother used to live here...but I assume she ran off since she no longer rules. He misplaced the new queens name, all he knows is mother likes to run when things get tough.

@[Anomaly]

A N O M A L Y

It was clear from his nonchalant manner that Nolin didn’t understand just how dangerous crossing the border to Pangea had been. She knew that her mother’s creatures - Pangea’s guardians - would not distinguish between friend and foe. They would stop to listen to an explanation. But she was glad she had intercepted first before someone or something discovered him here.  He would be safe now that he’d decided to stay here.

She cocks her head slightly as he speaks - trying to conjure an image of the Cove in her mind but failing to truly bring it to life.  She wonders, for a moment, what he means by noisy.  She’d never seen a waterfall - never heard the volume of roaring waters.  She was curious, though, and made a note to visit sometime. “It sounds nice,” she offered, politely.

Life in Pangea was focused around the river and the canyons that surrounded it.  But unlike the rest of Pangea, the river was relatively tame as it meandered through the sandstone.  Outside of the canyons, a large portion of the landscape was barren.  Inhospitable to most, but not to the grey and black filly. This land would always be her home.  And she knew better than most that there was life hidden in the most unlikely of places. Especially here. Pangea was filled with secrets, which suited the girl just fine. Because like this land - she was also filled with secrets.

And was far more dangerous than she appeared.

He mentions that his mother had once ruled here, and that piques her interest. Because it was her mother that ruled Pangea now - and had since before she was born. “Who was your mother?” she asks, genuinely curious if she knows of her.  “I’ve lived in Pangea my whole life - maybe I know her,” she adds, in way of explanation.

“Pangea is harsh, but beautiful. The river breathes life into the land and when the wind is right the canyon sings,” the reverence is clear in her voice.  She was truly born of this land - born from its founder and its ruler - and her appreciation for her kingdom was obvious.

Drawing Credit
    WARNING: 
    Anomaly is radioactive. 
    Nolin

She offers a vague few words on the Cove and honestly he doesn't argue it. He lived there his whole life, and he doesn't care for it.

The two were much more similar than it leads, both living a life in there birthed kingdom. The only difference is Nolin left his....but perhaps that just speaks truth on her loyalty.

He came to Pangea on a whim, rumors. A life that seems more fitting for his angered soul. When he mentions his mother Anomaly seemed to peak with interest. His blue eyes glancing to her glowing green orbs.

She asks about his mother, and in the moment he regrets mentioning her. He holds so much resentment against her, a lifetime hasn't healed the wounds she left him. Though he wishes to ignore the topic, he was the one who brought it up...

Dawn, he says her name quickly, the picture of her shooting in his mind. She was a great mother for the first year....until father came back, and she ran off with Litotes to Pangea. She was the queen before the current one...I think. Truthfully he has lost how many rulers came after his mother.

His eyes faltered from hers when he speaks of his mom, but when she begins to speak about Pangea he finds them once again. She speaks on it with such love and he wonders what it is like to love a kingdom so much like she truly does. He smiles as she speaks, it was rather cute how fond she was of the home. That doesn't sound like the Pangea I have heard of, he teases, but it sounds just as lovely. Are all of Pangeas residents like you? He questions, she seems much gentler than any equine he pictured.

@[Anomaly]