• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ghaul, all - hello darkness
    she's the only one who knows what it is to burn.

The trip from Pangea to the depths of the Cove was quick. She didn’t expect to see much activity in the quiet lands of the Cove, but for formality’s sake she pressed forward regardless. If any of those who did remain were still present, she summoned them to the shore to meet their new leader. She expected few, if any, to heed the call. The Cove was very much a blank slate. Some may see vacant land, but she saw only opportunity.

Normally she would simply appear in the midst of the kingdom - but today she flew alongside the demon-child who would one day be a king. It was a nice change of pace, and offered her an aerial view of the Cove.  Too long had this land been quiet and underutilized. That would change today - for she believed in Ghaul’s ability, even with the boy still being so young. It would be a good test, to be certain. She was curious to see how he handled leadership.

The shadowmare’s hooves found earth with a gentle beating of wings and a swirl of shadow.  There was little sound aside from the noise of the waves pounding against the shore. She turned to the boy, curious as to his reaction.

“The Cove,” she said simply,  “It’s yours now.”

a n a x a r e t e .
    stock credit 

@[ghaul]
    a shortie to make this offish
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    He has never seen the ocean before, and the sound of it makes him stiffen at first. Before they landed, he thought it was the sound of the wind in his ears. His gaze wanders across the territory as he stands beside Anaxarete. He watches the tide lap against the shore, tilting his head this way and that. The sand is soft beneath his talons. Ghaul leans his head down to look at it closely as he forms a fist of the grains. They trickle between his talons and back to the ground before he releases the sands once more. This land intrigues him and a smile begins to form across his face. This place would make a fine nest for him and Clarissa, he thinks. It is quiet and safe, nestled into Pangea perfectly.

His wings shuffle against his back with the finger-like muscles flexing briefly as he turns to meet her gaze. The Cove, she says. It’s yours now. The stars across his face shine softly as he considers her words. Finally, he nods in understanding. “I will collect my treasures here, and we will serve Pangea faithfully,” he says with a grin of crocodilian teeth. The hellbeast is eager to bring Gospel and Greta here, perhaps even Draco and Dove if they feel so inclined. Their little cult would blossom into something great and terrifying here.

I want to make the southern region burn for its attempts to defy me,” he finally admits. Ghaul does not often frown, but the expression comes easily to him as he thinks of the way Loess tried to keep Clarissa from him. Then they had the audacity to try and take Dove from her home. He grits his teeth and chokes back the growl that builds in his throat. “Gilded kings should be made to obey when they are in the presence of the divine.

And then he turns to watch the waves once more, plotting the next steps in his path to conquest.
    @[Anaxarete] this is honestly idle chit chat to him so if you want to end the thread, that's fine