• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh, but you’ll survive; Hestoni
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It’s a watery kind of sunshine that morning, but it is still early and the summer hangs in the air. The day would be called promising by many; a promise of sunshine and warmth for the afternoon, of perhaps happy, friendly meetings of friends. Already his mind wanders to the day in the Field when he met Arquus - it is that kind of day indeed.

However, he doesn’t feel like being swarmed again like mosquitos can do in summers whenever he leaves a cold place to wander; not by a Resort leader nor a semi-Loessian, nor really any kind of recruiter. Thus, he chose the meadow, and is fairly certain he will choose the forest once the sun heats him up too much. It’s not because he would actually melt - and there are little things he would still consider worth melting for right now - but there are more comfortable things in his world than spending a full day in a full summer sun. Besides, the forest always yields the now-omnivore a better meal; in this season, he can pick fruits instead of dry grasses, and in others, the forest is still the more fruitful of places when it comes to a half-dragon’s meal.

His shiny self moves in the early-morning mist - dew rising from the ground after the night is being chased away - like he belongs, and yet he doesn’t. He used to belong somewhere, he knows, but now he’s not entirely sure where he would. Perhaps the fairies could help, but he also doesn’t wish to ask anything of them anymore. Often enough had they done things their way, often enough would they correct and alter what was asked for. Balance. It’s a precious thing and honestly Leilan doesn’t mind the idea anymore; he just needed to find his own. Basically, that meant he could one day be a hero rescuer and a good guy, and others, well more mischievous to say the least.

To be honest, he dreaded going back to Hyaline as well; having heard that Kensa no longer ruled, he’d probably not get the free reign he once had, and besides, if Sabra ever woke up he wasn’t sure he wanted to be around.

So now he slowly picks at the morning grass, waiting for either something to inspire him, or something ultimately weird to happen. Like maybe some dead family member visiting him; there had been some rumours and strange events concerning the dead walking, after all.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Hestoni] yeah so this only took forever and if you feel like you first want to finish either of the other two threads we have that’s fine also ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |