• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your waves are pulling me under; any
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    She listens as he speaks about the dreams and hope he once had. He wanted to have a herd of his own. A herd she could have been part of. A life that she could have shared with him all these years. But it had not been that way. She did not share a life with him like she had dreamed and hoped for. Life had more for her than she had ever imagined—she found a family and a home, created a family of her own too, and became the Dame of her tropical home.

Everything was different.

So much more than she had ever dreamed of.

There had been nothing that tied her down, burning the wild spirit out of her had been impossible. She loved becoming a mother and the Dame of Ischia. Eva spent every single day of her life living it to the fullest. Making every choice she felt was right within her heart. Loving every offspring that became part of her family. It was perfect in so many ways, and she had forgotten what it was like to live in the moments of doubt.

Doubt was something she did not know how to feel. She cannot imagine what it was like to even think what if or look at the world in a different way than she does now. The purple nereid can only do what she can, but now she wonders what she can do now about it all.

Her heart aches, no it burns for him.

Her mind screams, telling her no, it wasn’t right.

She is torn between it all.

But she has always followed her heart, and it has never led her astray.

“Life had a very much different story written for us both when we first met, Aodhan,” she says softly and slowly. Her thoughts form her words one by one as she tries to decipher what her heart is trying to tell her. “I was never meant to live a simple, quiet life that I thought I was going to have.” The sea mare had never imagined becoming the Dame and be the protector of more than her own immediate family. She had to consider more than herself and the family she created. Everyone on this island was important to her—even the faces she did not know.

A soft smile touches her lips now as she holds her gaze still with his. “We have different lives than we imagined we would have. Dreams and hopes we thought could be.” She pauses for a moment, considering it all and where they were both meant to go here. It wasn’t a question she needed to consider anymore. Eva knew well in her heart she could never turn Aodhan away. “But we don’t have to live without the dreams and hopes we had before. We can have them still if we try hard enough.”

If we give it a chance, she thinks with hope.

“I don’t care what you have done in your past. I don’t care if you have others that need your love and attention. If I have you with me, I don’t need anything else.” Her voice is soft but grows stronger and firmer as her words are spoken. Each is said with truth and sincerity. The purple nereid takes a step forward towards Aodhan. Her golden gaze gleams bright with warmth and love. “I cannot live without knowing if we could have made things work.” Then everything right now would have been for nothing.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aodhan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Aodhán

Eva… Eva is the most beautiful. It’s that simple, and even if it isn’t simple to an outsider, ultimately that is why he came to her, why he would always come back to her. She is the most beautiful woman, not only as a nereid, but outside of her shifted form as well; she radiates with warmth and kindness when she speaks to a stranger, she is the best mother Aeolus and Loire could ever wish for. Her kind soul, her forgiveness, that’s really all he needs. Sometimes, he sneaks over, and watches her from a distance, afraid to break the spell of whatever she’s doing in that moment.

To be able, to be allowed to see her every day, is a dream come true. A much better dream than the one from his past. If he has to share it with another, then that’s his own fault and yet, something he could care less about. He still has other responsibilities too, looking after Carwyn and the kids.

He decides then, in that moment, that he should find this other guy in her life. They should be brothers, in a way, he thinks. Just as he once hoped for his own herd to be sisters (and maybe brothers), well, it’s just some sort of role switch then, and at the same time, not. It was mostly just the complication of neither if them wanting to tie the other down; Eva’s free spirit matched with his own so well because they both never expected anything else from the other. But aging changed dreams.

Yet because it is her, he doesn’t even care. ”I guess I will get to find a new dream - I suppose we’ll just be one big mess of a family,” he grins a little. ”If you’re okay with sharing, I am too.” He tilts his head. An open relationship would leave them both free to have their own families, and to maintain their wild spirits. Would she be okay with that?

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Eva]
    I think if she likes this plan he would like to move to one of the mini islands (maybe as beachmaster or as “approved stud”)? Idk it seems like the most plausible thing, he probably would accept either.
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Within her heart, she felt this was the right choice to make. It was not what she had planned for her life, but she knew it was impossible to control the weaves of fate all together. Much like the ocean itself, her life could not be controlled so easily.

Listening carefully to Aodhan’s reply, the purple nereid knew it was a lot she had said, she was happy to hear his answers. If they were going to find a way to make things work, she knew they had to come to an agreement somehow.

They both knew their lives up until now had been more than what they had ever thought it would be. Intimate moments with others had been shared, and as a result they created more than one family. Eva could never see herself abandoning her families for just one other. She was a mother to all of them equally, loved each of their father’s too, asking her to be exclusively was entirely something she didn’t know she could do. Maybe she could with Aodhan, but he was a special someone in her heart, someone she could never let go so easily.

Her smile curls a little more at his next words. “One big happy family that I would be happy to be apart of.” Because truly Eva would love his family as much as her own. “I am happy with that idea too. Even more so, I can see you more often,” Eva says with a soft laugh.

The sea mare was happy things like this could happen. She was much of a wild spirit as Aodhan was, but today she had grown more respect for the young boy she had met years ago. Aodhan was surprisingly a gentlemen, reaching out to make sure things would not be awkward if he came to live on the island and look after both of his families. Seeing him every day could have been hard for Eva if he hadn’t approached her about this, but now that he had she was happy to have him around more often.

“If you would like there is one of our sister islands that needs claiming. It’s the northwest island. You can be its Beachmaster and your other family can live there too if you want.” Eva wanted to ensure Aodhan would be fully welcome here. She cared and trusted him. Most of all, she wanted him to feel that he felt welcomed here with his family. It would be a safe place for them all as well.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aodhan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference