• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Old friend, how I've missed you; Dracarys

She had no business being apart of the Taiga meeting to address the change in leadership, their cometesse's son, a young handsome man. Felicitey's lip qwuirked up on one side, the irony that Aries had been the one to drag her to Taiga because she just "needed" a home. Well, she got one and a pair of rambunctious twins to boot. She watched the overo duo play a game of tag infront of her as they made their way farther into Loess. 

Felicitey personally enjoyed the open border between Loess and Taiga. It gave her a chance to get away from the strangling fog and intimidating redwoods. She had visited only a couple of times before today but it had always been a breath of fresh air. 

She watched as Vervane, her blonde little dude, charged at his sister Oectra. Her chestnut babe was to quick for her older brother, slim and agile on scrawny legs. She stopped rather abruptly causing her brother to careen rather ungracefuly past her toppling straight into a field of wild flowers.

A wild chuckle escaped Felicitey's lips as her sides moved fluidly with the action. Being a mom hasn't been as bad as she had anticipated. Sometimes the little beasts entertained her more than anything ever had.

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Dracarys]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

If there was one thing Dracarys had come to love about Loess since she called it home, it was the open air. She could never imagine enjoying living in the enclosed eternal autumn forest with now having her own pair of dragon wings. The sky was only her limit here, but even then Dracarys would prove that it was not. Her ambitions were more than she would ever know, especially now that she felt called to step out of her quiet season these last few years.

Finding herself gliding across the soft winds above the rolling hills of Loess, a pair of running dots catches her attention. An innocent smile curls on her blue colored lips as she watches them from above. Being a foal was filled with simple times, she recalls her childhood well, even if it was only a couple years ago. Life comes quickly though, and even for Dracarys she knew she was not born to enjoy the simple joys of life.

However, she finds herself drawn to get a better glimpse of the two foals playing, so much that she descends from the blue heavens down towards the field of wildflowers. With the help of the wind, it gentle guides her closer to them, but an old and familiar scent, a clear and distinct one from her childhood stumbles her movements. Dracarys pulls her gaze away from the foals and finds an older, but still youthful, winged buckskin mare.

“Felicitey,” she speaks her thought out loud. Instantly, the blue winged mare is brought back to her simpler days of childhood. The only other horse Dracarys had truly called her friend. A smirk pulls on her lips as she recalls their few adventures and the time, she had stolen away her friend’s monkey named Dexter. And then she remembers that last words her friend had told her… the promise she made but never had kept.

Without a thought, the dragon mare descends towards the group. A soft whicker escapes her lips, sending a greeting forward before she finds herself landing gracefully on the field of wildflowers near them. Dracarys smirk curls even more when her silver-eyes meet her old friend’s gaze. They might no longer be foals themselves (finding it almost funny to think that Felicitey is a mother now) but her love and care for her friend has not changed over the years.

“Well, well, look what the wind blew in!” Her tone is warm and welcoming but edged with humor all the more. Closing the remaining distance between them, Dracarys moves with grace and elegance with ease. “Somehow you turned out alright after all these years,” she adds with a laugh before settling near the winged buckskin mare.

@[Felicitey] I'm so excited to have these two reunite!! <3
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Her gaze is pulled from the twins as her ears catch her name spoken on soft winds. Before she could focus her one good eye on the skies above the sky had come to her. A familiar blue form now paired with brilliant blue dragon wings draws near. It did not take her long to place the girl.. no woman.

"Dracarys!" She shouted with excitement, hoisting herself on her hind legs and prodding the air before her in joy. Her brown, tan, and rose gold marbled wings shifted at her sides as her friend landed before her. A wide lopsided smirk covered her own face as she greeted her childhood friend, "I have a feeling the wind takes you more places than it takes me." She shot back playfully putting soft velvety lips to her leathery dragon wings. A chuckle escaped her mouth as Dracarys said she had turned out okay, somehow. 

Dexter poked himself between Felicity's rose tipped ears clattering in excitement as he jumped from her head to Dracarys back, inspecting her new leathery wings. "It seems you haven't done so bad yourself," she said in a sideways smirk. She watched her beloved friend affection painted across her face, it had been to long.

It did not take long for the blue, dragon woman to draw the attention of Vervane and Oectra both running to their mothers sides. Oectra, small and slender poked her head out from between her mothers front legs to inspect this new friend. Her pale blue eyes watched Dracarys in fascination. "You are very pretty." She squeaked.

@[Dracarys] me too! I'd heart this a thousand times over.
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

DRACARYS

Dracarys cannot help but feel a large warm grin growing across her lips as she hears the excitement in her childhood friend’s voice calling out her name. Not even between the length of time they last had seen each other had changed their friendship. She knew from that day, when returning Dexter back to Felicitey, that she would always have a forever friend—a forever best friend.

Her smile grows even more as her winged friend shoots back a playful comment towards her. When Felicitey touches her dragon wings, she spreads them out a little for her friend to see them. “You are the reason the winds can take me anywhere now!” She adds with genuine smile and then another laugh.

When Dexter peaks through Felicitey’s ears and exclaims in clattering excitement, her attention quickly turns to see the monkey. “Dexter!” She says with excitement and lets out a soft whinny when he jumps on her back and inspects her dragon wings. “I couldn’t forget about you either, pal!” Dracarys was glad to see that Dexter was around too. She knew how much he meant to her winged buckskin friend.

At the corner of her eye, turning away from Dexter on her back, the tow little foals running towards the buckskin mare catches her attention. Her smile widens when Oectra poke her head out curiously between her mother’s legs to inspect her. Dracarys blushes softly at the comment from the young filly. “You are very beautiful yourself too,” the dragon mare says lowering her head to be at eye-level with the two foals at her friend’s side. “What are your names?” She asks glancing between both of the foals.

@[Felicitey]
    The buckskin mare chuckled lightly under the joy that she felt at seeing her old friend once again. She had known what Dracarys was going to do when she had brought Dexter back - a moment in her life she’d rather not remember. Felicitey had had lots of disappointment in her life, others who had let her down and for a brief period she had thought her blue roan friend had been one of those people after she kidnapped her dearest companion. However, when she came back to return him and explain she had found it hard to hold onto that anger. She didn’t want to be that type, like her father… or her mother.

She was overwhelmed by the beauty of her friend’s wings, they were magnificent - just like Dracarys had always wanted. Felicitey herself had not stayed away from magic since then, there was proof of that in the way her ears, tipped in rose gold, reflected the sunlight as she cocked them towards her friend. It was evident in the way her once amber eye that paired her icey blue one was now encased in the deepest of blacks while a slow moving river of rose gold swirled in a lazy eight while bright, rose gold rays decorated that eye in a glorious sun shape. The silver snowflakes that freckled her face glittered as she dipped her head down to kiss the top of her daughters head - little shit, such a charmer.

The chestnut overo girl’s eyes widened in pleasure as the mystical blue woman told HER that she was pretty too! She stuck out one white leg in front of her and inspected it with her pale blue eyes, and then her brow crinkled. She knew she was mostly white all over, white wasn’t nearly as beautiful as the wild colors she's seen in her short time here. Of course she had a rather large pair of white wings fitted for just her and her hooves when they catch the sunlight just right you can see that they are made of quartz intertwined with bands of pale blue and white. The small pygmy owl that currently was asleep back home could maybe be considered cool too, he was to her like Dexter was to her mom - but all he does is sleep at the most inconvenient times.

Her pale blue eyes wandered back to the brilliant woman, “My name is Oectra,” she squeaked in a high, somewhat shrill voice of a child, “and he's Vervane,” she answered stepping out and around her mom’s leg to make eye contact with her brother wondering if he thought Dracarys was as cool as she thought she was. Her light overo brother just simply peaked out from behind their mother with slight interest but didn’t bother engaging. Didn’t bother her any, she gets Dracarys all to herself.

@[Dracarys]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

DRACARYS

It is hard for her to grasp how much time has passed between them. When she looks at the winged buckskin mare, she notices how much she has changed herself besides being a mother. She was no longer the scrawny little winged filly she had met in the Meadow. Felicitey had transformed into a beautiful mare Dracarys admitted. She was everything and more the blue mare had imaged her friend to be when she thought of her over the years.

Dracarys doesn’t feel like she has changed much over the years. She is only beginning to feel like she is stepping out of her quiet years of isolation since making Loess her permanent home. It was a change that hadn’t quite settled well with her—coming to a new place was different and perhaps she had been more stubborn than she should have been. Things were changing though. Dracarys knew they had to. She didn’t want to be lost within the shadows, forgotten in the passing of time.
    The only question was how she is going to do it.

Her wide expression of delight remains on her lips as she watches the two foals. Oectra, the winged overo girl was full of joy and everything that life had to offer. She introduced both of them to Dracarys. The dragon mare glanced to Vervane when Oectra introduced her twin-brother. He was the opposite of his twin, a little shy and hiding behind his mother. Dracarys looked at him a moment longer, a twinkle in her eye gleamed for him. “It’s so very nice to meet you both. Your mother and I have been friends for a long time. We were just a little older than you are now when we met.” She says glancing from the lighter colt to his twin winged sister. “I hope you don’t give your mother too much trouble,” she adds with a laugh and turns back to Felicitey for a moment.

“How are things?” She asks with a tilt of her head. “Tell me everything. It has been too long since we last talked.” Dracarys couldn’t help herself to ask for everything. She wanted to know all her friend’s adventures. Where did she go and live? Who stole her heart to make such a beautiful family?

@[Felicitey]