• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark; aten

What she imparts of her history is repaid when Aten references that Ruan had watched over the Taiga. Despite the pain that lingers behind her eyes, Lilliana finds her steadfast smile for the champagne stallion. "Taiga will always be my home," she says fondly and Lilli sends a sweeping gaze out to the dense wood.

"It's Taiga that is lucky to have you, Aten. I can't picture this forest without you."

It's a comfort to her to imagine him here. In their world where the leaders change so frequently, where the land changes and all it takes is a moment for things to fall apart, she is glad that Aten has remained loyal to this forest. In her mind, she doubts that there even could be a Taiga without Aten.

When the smaller mare turns her attention back to the stallion, she glances up at him. He considers her counsel, tilting his head as he turns over the words that she has said about their Comte. "I was always taught to keep an unbiased ear pricked. It can be easier to hear that way." Hard to do? Certainly. But looking at the Champion, Lilliana decides to follow her own advice. She listens.

She keeps her advice until she adds, "We all have demons. The hells can be a little different... but sometimes it makes a difference to know that they don't have to be fought alone." Would Pteron take any advice offered by Aten? She doesn't know. There is some sensibility in learning from someone who has lived in this place as long as the champagne stallion has and knows as much of its history as he does. That advice doesn't seem outlandish or far-fetched - just common sense. Lilliana doesn't know what kind of relationship that Aten and Pteron might even forge, if they attempt one at all. She can't even look their Comte in the eye without wanting to immediately avert her gaze elsewhere.

"There is nothing to thank me for," comes her quiet reply."As I said, you can always count on my friendship." The chestnut gives her head a slight tilt and pricks an ear forward, "And my ear is always open, whenever you need it."

LILLIANA

light me up, i will blaze
    like a soul you have saved

@[Aten]
    i edited it again... sorry if you get tagged twice!
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind