• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The secret of walking on water; Neverwhere

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    From an outsider point of view, everything is always clear. From a retrospect point of view as well - Eurwen now had to make feeble and shy attempts at creating and maintaining a diplomatic bond between the lands, which otherwise she would not have had trouble with - had she not been absent, she would have done so from the start.

But to her mother at the time, leaving Taiga in Aten’s capable hooves had probably seemed a great relief and the best alternative - she had already been worried about Icicle Isle at the time. Heartfire sure hadn’t minded either; it was only when the Taiga had been intimidated into new leadership that trouble had risen. Even if that leadership hadn’t harmed the inhabitants, it did harm their political relationship.

So when Neverwhere points out the obvious, Eurwen gives a small nod and nothing more. Purely out of politeness and out of the same, retrospective knowledge. But the second comment, seemingly Neverwhere’s reasoning, makes Wen chuckle a bit. ”They were to be a lookout, not a fortress. Besides, there was but one real dragon and he was not yet king at the time.”

Her dark pools find Neverwhere’s milky ones when she asks the inevitable question. What now? ”I don’t know who remains here. If we even have Brennen or any of the males around, still. I’ll probably start with recruiting, see if we can fill the place up a bit. You could join me if you like.” The offer comes genuine, although with the knowledge that it probably isn’t something that the bald-faced mare really wants to do. But the spotted mare has developed a soft spot for tough-looking horses, as it were. Her family is just like that, even if she doesn’t know where they are.

And after recruiting? Well. Diplomacy, she thinks. ”Perhaps it’s not too late to restore ties with the Taigan residents.” she hopes.

@[Neverwhere] seeing as this is pre-queen, I guess we can end this soon (:
    Here if you like or in the next post or so