• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  meet me where the sky touches the sea; any
    we've been running away from space and time
    if we don't fit in the grand design
    She questions his words. The very fact, the honest truth, that he is also like her. His purple ears swivel backwards and forward anxiously, hearing the confusion in her words pushes him further to the edge. Aeolus is hanging over the cliff of doubt, not sure whether he will fall or not. There is another ledge on the other side—where certainty lies. If he jumps, he knows he could make it.

No.

He cannot let himself fall.

Aeolus risks it, he leaps forward towards the cliff of certainty. The truth he knows well.

“Sharks are not monster.” He says softly, but his golden eyes gleam with sudden confidence. There was no reason for him to be ashamed. He belonged to the water as much as any other sea horse did—just like his parents, Celina, and every other sea resident of the Island. “Terrifying they might be, but sharks are necessary. They vital for the wheel of life in order to keep a balance between everything.” His mother had told him that once. It was her words that made him feel confident his mother did not fear for him anymore. Aeolus knew now he was part of the cycle of life.

Waiting to see what Tasi says next, after his words of reassurance he hoped that the mare would change her mind. There was nothing to fear in the water, especially when he knew how much he was capable. Tasi asked him if he was afraid of the water. “I am certainly not,” he says with bold confidence. Even the deepest parts of the ocean no longer scared him.

The teal and gold tobiano mare tells him his bravery is admirable, but foolish. Perhaps he was foolish to be so confident in the water. The wide-open world was mysterious, and many things were unknown, but he had never stopped himself from exploring it and learning. He would never either. However, he doesn’t realize what Tasi exactly meant by foolish until now.

She inched toward him, confidently, but her admission further into the water only brought a smile to his face. His first thought was that she finally decided it was safe and accepted his proposal, but as soon as she pushed him backwards his second thought was different. The sunset colored stallion knew exactly this was different. There was a deep intent, it filled her blue bright eyes, full of passion.

Aeolus stumbles back, but finds purchase beneath the water to hold himself still once more. His golden eyes flash intently with warning, sharp teeth expose as he turns to look her directly in the eye. “There is nothing to fear when I am a part of the ocean,” he says sharply. Tasi tells him to let fear take control over his body, to fall into fear, and something about making it a painless exit. Aeolus doesn’t know what she is talking about, only now she pushes him deeper into the depths of the water again. The purple stallion doesn’t budge though, he pushes against her, growling, and snapping his sharp teeth at her in warning to stop, to get away from him.

Suddenly, Tasi dives into the deep part, she grips onto his legs, dragging him underneath with her. Aeolus watches as the sky above and the surface of the ocean blurred together. The shimmer of sunlight rippled on the water above, teasing him, mocking how vulnerable he was. Fear me. He heard over and over as the teal-gold mare pulled him deeper into the darkness. The edges of reason blurred, and fear lurched deep into him.

Fear me.

Fear me.

Fear me.

He desperately clawed at the water as her words repeated.

Fear me.

“No!” He shouted as the pressure of the water pushed against him from all sides. “I will not fear you!” He kicked and clawed desperately at the water again. “I am fear, you will fear me!” Aeolus screamed and kicked, pushing against her, fighting himself away from her.

He pulled himself away from her grip suddenly. Lunging himself away, he quickly turned around and faced Tasi head on. His golden eyes were bright and sharp, glowing with madness. “Fear me! He shouted as he felt the invisible tentacles of fear escape from him towards her. When he had the power of fear himself, he had nothing to fear.

Aeolus then lunged forward at Tasi. At the same time his body transformed, changing into his elongated black purple sea serpent form. His golden eyes where hard and lucid, brightening the depths of the water around them. His sharp jaws snapped at her when he got into reach, Aeolus didn’t hold himself back now—he wouldn’t die at her hands today.
    then no one can ever confine us, and no one can ever define us
    we're just trying to live where the wild things are
    Aeolus

@[Tasi]