• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Gypsy at Heart , Heartfire
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The winged mare decided to come out of hiding for a bit. She hadn't been away from ischia since the birth of her triplets who was at the moment sleeping. Her daughter Nilam was becoming a handful and fears that one day she won't be able to keep her under control once she's older. She turned her attention back to the scenery below her. She loved the way that the leaves and the chilly air that comes with the autumn season. She landed on the meadow floor softly and wandered about for a bit. Carwyn found a spot to graze and lowered her head taking a small bite of the grass. 

@[Heartfire] Here is a small and quick starter post
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin

She's got the devil's eyes

It’s not often the roan mare elects to pause and visit in the meadows. Most often, if she is found here, it is merely because she is passing through as she chases some piece of information or another. But today, of all days, something gives her pause as she strides through the late fall grasses, golden stalks tickling the underside of her belly.

Truthfully, she might not have even given it a second thought had her gaze not caught on a familiar figure grazing not too distantly. She slows, blue gaze fixing thoughtfully on the mare, so similar in appearance to herself, and yet vastly different. It takes a moment for the ancient information to filter through her thoughts, for recognition of a mare met many long years ago to settle.

She might have continued even then however, were she not curious enough to filter for information and discover just where the mare had settled. And even then, were it not for the unrest rising in that particular land, she might still have gone. But all of that is true, and so rather than pressing onward, she turns and approaches, gaze sharp as it settles with a seemingly benign curiosity on the winged mare.

“Carwyn,” she greets blandly, interrupting her meal with little thought. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Hahaha, so I forgot they met aaaaages ago when Devin played her. But it was a brief convo so nothing much really happened.
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The winged mare had jumped slightly when she heard the voice of someone familiar. She turned to see the blue roan mare standing before her. Carwyn gave the other mare a small smile and said "Hello Heartfire. It has definitely been a while since our first meeting." The girl had no idea what this meeting between the two would turn out to be. She let her mind drift back to Ischia and to her children. She really hoped that her sons where watching over her youngest while she is away. She said "How's life been treating you? What brought you to the meadow this fall day?" 

@[Heartfire]
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin

Heartfire had never been particularly skilled in the art of idle conversation. Were she a more patient woman, she might have attempted it. But alas, she lacks that particular attribute. The curiosity that had fueled her approach extends far more to the land she’d left that morning than any particular feeling of kinship.

Still, it’s not in her to be deliberately cruel to one who has done her no wrong.

“Well enough,” she replies simply, not expanding the ambivalent statement any further. “Curiosity, I suppose.” She falls silent for a moment, her sharp blue gaze resting steadily on her companion. Finally, when she continues, her question, though mildly expressed with a tinge of curiosity, teases at something more. “From Nerine to Ischia, hm? That’s an… interesting choice.”

Heartfire
    Carwyn gave Heartfire a small friendly smile as she took in her words. She tried to think of her next words. The roan mare said "Yes ma'am I lived there for a while when grandfather had been the lead." She had tried to take Ischia but at that time Ivar had been appointed leadership. She said "That's where my children live also."

@[Heartfire] Sorry about the post, I am writing them on my phone

The blue and white mare considers her companion with an almost idleness. Of course, she is rarely idle, but what one doesn’t know won’t hurt them. Still, her stilted story is a rather curious one. Missing far too many details. And to Heartfire, it’s those details that are important. Ischia has been a fairly quiet island thus far.

But such quiet is not always an indicator of idleness. And, well, let’s just say she’s caught some inklings of unrest that have piqued her interest.

“I see,” she responds slowly after a moment, her tone thoughtful. “Sounds a little… dull.” One brow tilts slightly, a faint question in those rather bland words. “I’m afraid I haven’t time for chatter today. But if you’d like to come to Nerine, for old times sake, you’re welcome to join me.”

Perhaps she’d learn a little more on the way. If she cared to join her, of course.

Heartfire