• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Find me in the darkness; Tlali

Felicitey stumbled through the landscape with Dexter holding on for dear life. She had talked with Tyr briefly after coming down from the mountain, and the fact that she had run into exactly what she was looking for so quickly after the fairies had granted her her quest had been endearing to her mood. She had went with Aries onward to Taiga when they left the meadow, it had taken them several days and she had been sure that he would be done with her by the time they made it there and would turn around to ask her to leave, but he hadn’t.

Felicitey smiles at the thought of Aries scruffy face but her smile quickly fades as she realizes she can’t remember the exact shape of his eyes anymore, or the correct color of blue that lay splayed out across the flowers in the meadow during spring and summer. She needed to get her vision back and sooner rather than later.

She had set out while Aries was sleeping so that he would not feel the need to follow her once again across Beqanna, she did not want to be his responsibility she could take care of herself she had Dexter after all. She purred at the touch of his fingers in her lioness fur, as always it was easier to travel in this form and she had gotten the hang of her shifting abilities once again during hers and Aries trek.

She padded across Taiga’s wooded floors, pine needles jabbing into the soft soles of her feet every now and again. The woods opened up eventually, into a vast land, she had no idea where she was or if she would find what she was looking for here. All she knew was that she and Dexter could make this work. She continued on slowly, her nose to the ground, Dexter’s guiding fingers on her neck and his recognizable thoughts in her head.  

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Tlali]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

Don't wait for the storm to pass. Learn to dance in the rain

Tlali had spent a lot of time in Loess reflecting on himself, wondering if he should just flee and abandon his father, never knowing if he'd be teased by him again, the moments of friendliness between then perhaps all but a fleeting moment, though in the state he was in, he would most likely not last very long out in the unknown.
    Tlali had almost figured out how to use his echolocation perfectly, being able to sense almost everything around him, ready to evade any object that may suddenly appear out of the eternal darkness, but he was still extremely unsure of himself, thinking he was all but a worthless youngling, lost in the grasp of his father, struggling to even get to water every day.

The warmth of the home that his father had created was calming, his structure was truly impressive, with the use of his echolocation he could feel the two pillar-like trees that acted as an entranced and the curvature of the dome as it bends around the trees and around him until it reaches the rockface behind him, at times he can even feel the smoke that rises from the chimney, especially when it was windy, he had never understood how his father had been able to manipulate the lava and create a chasm for it to linger below them, providing them eternal heat, he had also said that the chimney acted as a pressure gauge, without it they faced the chance of exploding.

Tlali gets to his feet, emitting a high pitched noise as he studies the surroundings at the entrance, his feet carrying him forward with confidence, the young horse raises his head lightly into the air, picking up an unusual scent he had never smelled before, immediately Tlali becomes curious, even though his abilities were limited, he did not fear the unknown as much as he did at first.

The young stallion waltzes forward, his head cocked curiously as he studies the scent, noticing that it didn't smell as much as a herbivore as he would have liked "Hello?" he calls out, hopefully alerting the stranger to his presence, "I can see your body" he says, perhaps a weird thing to call out, though entirely normal the way he saw the figure with his echolocation, a lot lower than a horse and his scent had also confirmed that it was something he had never encountered before.

He readies himself for the worst, ready to bolt for his earthen home and call for his father, even though he didn't particularly like being saved by him constantly, the favour most definitely worked toward him staying alive.

tlali

@[Felicitey]

The fairies had told her to learn to live with out her vision before they would grant it back to her. She would like to think she had done just that. Her and Dexter were closer than ever, she was focusing more so on the shared language between the two now than before. Before she only needed to rely on him to help her with the hearing in one ear that she lacked, but now the struggles were ten fold with her lack of vision. She had loved him from the moment they found each other after her birth but she would be lying if she said she hadn't taken him for granted. Her mind wondered to the quest she had dabbled in with Dijinni and the exact moment she had played that cruel, cruel trick on Dexter waking up to pretend that she had gone completely blind.. oh the irony. Her face fell as she relayed her regret to him as they went. He reassured her and tangled his finger into the scruff behind her ears.

Not long after Dexter tugged lightly on that same ear relaying that there was someone close by. Felicitey pivoted her body in the direction Dexter told her to so that she could focus her hearing in the strangers direction.

A males voice called out to them, he sounded almost nervous and for a moment Felicitey was confused, why be nervous of her? That was before she remembered she was in her lioness form. A small feminine chuckle escaped her lips. Hello? I can hear you but I can't see you. My name is Felicitey. Did you say you can see my body? Isn't that a pretty common thing to do? she asked half joking as she understood the circumstances of her own inability to see anyone's body.

felicitey

@[Tlali]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

Don't wait for the storm to pass. Learn to dance in the rain

Recently the young male had been getting more confident when speaking with other horses, though usually, his father was around to control the situation, to make sure he wasn't being used or cast away, Tlali had appreciated him for this very reason though at the same time resented him, wanting to grow wings and fly free, to make his own decisions and fight his own battles.

Tlali twitches slightly as he waits for a reply, harshly relieved when she hears the female laugh, followed by her voice which sounds slightly distant, a smile appearing on his face when he hears that she also cannot see him "Well I can't exactly see you either, I uh have to use this weird voice I have which lets me detect objects close to me so I don't bump into them" he explains, slightly embarrassed as he takes a few steps forward toward the voice, trying carefully not to bump into anything.

"It is nice to meet you! My name is Tlali, I live here in Loess!" he says, this time a lot more excitedly and with certainty, almost happy that the other horse couldn't see him and couldn't judge him "I don't think I've ever smelled you before, could I help you with anything?" he asks inquisitively, his head tilted slightly.

tlali

@[Felicitey]

Felicitey cocked a smile as Dexter guided her closer to the other horse. His voice broke the space between them and along with Dexter's guidance she followed the sound of him.

How fortunate for her to find not one horse on her first attempt but yet another right of the bat on her second attempt to complete her quest. Old and young she had not expected to find such different people battling similar difficulties. He sounded about the same age as herself and that alone eased some of the anxiety she had been feeling.

Her paws padded softly across the ground, she could feel the mixture of the summers heat and the coolness of the oncoming autum embedded in the ground beneath her.

My name is Felicitey. Unless you've been to the meadow we probably have never met. she chuckled lightly again. Even before she had lost her sight she had always wanted to travel but never felt prepared to do so, funny that once she was completely devoid of her sight she would be forced to travel.

Your gift sounds very unique. I wasn't born blind, but I was born partially deaf. My friend Dexter has helped me since as long as I can remember. He's been alot of help as of late. she tipped her lioness head back in gratitude of her friend and once again she felt his reassurance.

The fairies sent me on a quest and took my vision until I return. I'm suppose to find out how strong I am and learn how others navigate the world with out sight. I've learned alot over the last couple months. I don't know how you do this every day, I have alot of respect for you. she said matter of factly.

There was not alot of time for small talk, but she definately wanted to make sure he knew how much she admired him. Dexter instructed her to stop at a respectful distance with a few short capuchin words and a gentle tug on her ear.

felicitey

@[Tlali]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1