• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map

and I knew that somehow I could find my way back

Orion doesn’t quiet remember how she has gotten here.

Most of it all is a blur now.

She only remembers how dark it had gotten instantly. The bright blue skies turned quickly grey. She remembers something wet dropping down on her face when she inspected the dark sky above. Someone had told her it was rain. Mama! She remembers now. Her mama said that rain was a good thing. It made all of their food grow and taste delicious.

But where was mama now?

Orion’s ears flicker back and then forward. Her eyes quickly dart around the forest she finds herself in now. Quickly, her long legs carry her forward. She outs let loud cries for help.

“Mama!”

“Mama!”

“Where are you?”

The silver grulla filly searches across the forest. She looks behind large trees, under logs, and a billion other places she could think of. None of the places she looked her mother was not there.

Orion stops in her pathway. Her legs feel wobbly from all of the run. But a part of her gives up looking any further. Where did her mama go? She only remembers the rain and the dark clouds. And the loud boom that came suddenly.

A storm.

It was a storm that came.

“Mama!” She cries out again.

Orion moves slowly towards a nearby tree. She curls into a ball and cries softly. All she wanted was her mama to come and find her. She was beginning to feel hungry now.

– Orion –

@[Endellion1992]
    She doesn't know what it is that pulls her to this place every birthing season. Maybe wit was her own childhood, being lost and broken, taken in by a stranger she grew to love and call mother. Maybe it was the heartbreaking fact that she had lost her own firstborn daughter and it had left a void she wanted to fill by helping others find a safe place.

What ever it may be she knew she needed to come here. Earlier that morning she had made sure Kalil's belly was full and that Owin and Popinjay were looked after before leaving Aten to tend to the kids as she made her way to the lonely pit in Beqanna where all lost children seemed to go.

Her golden, chocolate dipped body, slimmer now that Kalil had made his appearance but still round with motherhood, graced it's way through the dense trees ahead. Her amethyst eyes wandered to the thick canopy above brought on by the newly arrived spring. The leaves dripped catiously against her muzzle from the storm that had dashed through the day before. The daydreaming didn't last long however, as something or someone caught her attention.

Lethy's ears shot forward as she moved in the direction of the plea for help. mama!

Lethy darted through the forest towards the voice, closer and closer to the den. As the cry quieted but became louder all at once she slowed her pace air softly escaping her nostrils. As she rounded one particular tree she stopped her ears titching as she inhaled the scents around her. Dropping her head she found her, a small, silver babe curled up against the tree helplessly alone. Hey, it's
    okay. You're not alone anymore.
    having just given birth a few suns ago her mother instincts where in full force. She dipped lower to the huddled, quivering girl inspecting her to make sure she wasn't hurt. My name is Lethia. What's yours? she said softly not wanting to startle the girl more.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Orion]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Orion shivers uncontrollably as she begins to slowly realize she might not find her mother. She wants to go and find her, but she doesn’t know where she would even start. There was nothing familiar around here that indicated where to go.

Despite once being a beautiful place to the young girl, the forest was beginning to feel like a nightmare. The trees started to turn into monsters. Their branches looked like long arms and sharp claws trying to reach towards her and grab her. Eerie silence surrounded her despite the cries she could not hold back.

Everything was frightening and all she wanted was her mom!

Orion continues to sob. She doesn’t realize how loud she is being until she hears distance hooves. She pulls herself closer into her curled position. Orion tries to quiet down, not sure if the owner of the hooves approaching her are her mom. She remembers that there are monsters in the forest sometimes too.

She keeps her head tucked into her and eyes shut closed. Her cheeks are stained with tear drops, but the tears keep rolling down her cheeks. The sound of hooves is getting closer now, and Orion pulls herself tighter hoping the stranger will be her mother. If not, she hopes they will not see her.

Orion quivers as the hooves stop in front of her. Her cries are still quiet despite feeling the presence of the other horse so close to her. However, the soft warm voice makes her eyes open a little. It isn’t the voice of her mother, but something in the tone of the stranger tells her it will be okay.

She isn’t alone anymore.

Looking up, she meets the gaze of a buckskin mare. Orion blinks for a moment, staring at the mare that introduces herself as Lethia. She doesn’t move for a couple heartbeats. Uncertainty filled her if she should trust the mare who asked for her name. However, the longer she looked into the eyes of Lethia that feeling started to disappear.

“Orion,” she says softly as her body quivers slightly still. “Do you know my mama?” She asks. Maybe her mama had asked her friends to come find her. Orion remembers meeting some of her mama’s friends and the other foals. Maybe Lethia was her mama’s friend.

– Orion –

@[Izora Lethia]
    The sight before her takes her back to her days of youth. Barely new to the world, scared and alone after the lose of her parents. Her loss had been final, their lives taken in place of hers by the beast that had attacked. She had ran just like her mother had told her to with out stopping. She had become lost, finding refuge beneath a tree not much different then the one they found themselves beneath now. Blood and blood stained face covered in exhaustion. Her world had changed in an instant. She had found herself staring up into the gentle, white face of the mare she would from then on know as mother.

The girl stared, blinked, for a moment before making the same initial decision to trust that she had all those years ago. Orion she said her name was and she was looking for her mother. She asked if she knew her mother. I don't know if I know your mother, but I would really like to help you find her. If you would like you can come back to my home with me and on the way you can tell me more about her and we can look for her. I have a daughter and two sons, Popinjay, Owin, and Kalil, who would love to meet you if by chance you need to stay awhile. her purple eyes softened a degree as they locked with the girl. Her voice was calm and certain as she motioned for the girl to get up. I can stay with you and protect you like your mother until we find her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Orion]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Her dark silver ears flicker forward. The beat of her heart increases as she waits to hear what the buckskin mare has to answer about her mama. Her mouth begins to feel dry; the anticipation and anxiety fill every bone and muscle within her small body.

At the sound of Lethia’s words, her heart drops into the pit of her stomach. She feels a tightness grow within her chest. Her mouth becomes drier and she gulps loudly. Orion looks away from Lethia’s gaze and focuses on the forest floor.

She listens to the mare despite the sadness that overcomes her now. Lethia offered to help her find her mom and even asked if she wanted to come back to her home. It all sounded nice, but Orion didn’t want to leave where she was. She didn’t want her mom to think she was gone. Her mama always told her to stay put no matter what if she got lost.

That’s what she had to do.

She couldn’t go.

But at the mention of Lethia having her own children, her gaze lifted up to the buckskin. She missed her friends dearly too now. Maybe it wasn’t so bad that she could go with Lethia. The mare did offer to help her find her mama after all. Orion believed that Lethia was an honest horse—she already thought the mare to be sweet and kind.

“Will you really help me?” She asks, but Orion has already made it up in her mind she should go with Lethia. The silver grulla wanted to go play. Perhaps her children were sweet and kind like Lethia. Maybe they could be my friends! She thinks and gets up at that thought.

A very small smile touches her dark lips as she stands and looks up to the buckskin mare. “Alright, I’ll come with you.” The stained tears on her cheeks had soften slightly, but her small smile grows wider as she thinks about going to visit this new place and meeting all her new friends. It was going to be an adventure—at least she decided to think of it that way.

– Orion –

@[Izora Lethia]