• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    My tongue clicked against the roof of my mouth a few times as I looked around. I got the feeling I had left the area I had originally landed in. Not as many flowers, more rocks. Goodie. I just love rocks. I kicked one, just to watch it clatter into a mostly leafless bush. Boring. I should have stayed in the dead flowers place, at least there was that weirdo little dragon girl to pester. This seemed pretty desolate so far, so disappointing. I was in the mood to wreck someone's day. 

The night dark shells of my feet clip againt short grasses as I wander deeper into this new realm, searching for some kind of life. A scrawny brown mouse scampered across my path, scrambling for cover. My foot shifted quickly, snagging the frantic creature's tail between my hoof and the earth. 

It was fascinating, watching it writhe and twist in desperation. My hoof ground down a little harder, making the mouse squeal. And then it was gone, dashing into the undergrowth with half its tail bloody and worm-like under my foot. I sighed, scrubbing the blood speckles off my hard foot in the grass. So much for that. Stupid thing got away. 

My ears twisted back at a sudden noise. Someone was approaching. I looked over my shoulder with eyes narrowed, tail flicking back and forth gently. If I needed to, I could always fly off, but this might be worth investigation. 

@[Mary]

Long May She Reign

She was still growing acquainted with Loess, it was a decent terrain, but still it did not compare to her Sylva. Loess and the Resort both lack the abundance of trees, the trees that turn a multitude of colors in the fall. But none the less, she had duties to carry out.

As she travels she picks up the scent of another, though they dont particularly carry the scent of Loess. They also dont have another kingdoms scent, so she marks them in her mind as a nomad with no boundaries.

As remains in the foliage she spots a pink and blue girl, crushing a mouse for no reason? She refrains from angrily snorting as she watches this young girl, plays with the emotions of the helpless rodent who shares her home. Though as the mouse barely escapes with its life, leaving its tail behind Mary's own tail flicks in irritation and the girl hears the rustling.

The dapple mare leaves her hiding, confronting the young pink girl. That's not very nice, She snorts as she stops before her, now that mouse will look different she snorts, her voice unamused. A mouse who will return to its home different from the rest, for no reason other than her entertainment What are you doing in Loess? She asks the girl who looks part fish, and instantly an old blue and white friend comes into her mind. She grows curious, wondering if this could be his child.

MARY

@[Rebelle]

It's a mare that comes close is plain, except for the gleaming crimson I can see shining at the end of each leg when she walks. Shiny toes. I'm shinier, but they're still pretty. Like hooves made out of frozen blood. 

My mouth twitches as I glance in the direction of the escapee rodent as she comments on it. "No, I don't suppose it was." I agree blandly, blinking up at the grey lady. "Their wormy little tails always sort of freaked me out. It looks better this way." A gentle shrug lifted a wing, blue and pink feathers rustling slightly. 

My brows raise in mild surprise at her direct question. "Now who's not being nice?" The words come out saucily, head tipped over to one side as I grin at her. "Loess, huh? I must have crossed a border at some point... So who are you, the welcoming committee?" My finely scaled nose crinkled in mock concern. "You should probably work on your approach. Not very, ya know, welcoming." My voice dropped into a stage whisper as I confided my assessment. 

The landscape stretches out behind her, open and wild. Further off, rocky hills and then mountains grow toward the misty sky. It could be a good place to get lost for a while. My mocking tone drops away as I turn back to the grey mare. "I'm Belle, by the way. Who're you?" It's almost an afterthought, but I am curious. I haven't met anyone outside my own family, and burning bridges before I've even built them may not be the best way to get on with my life. 

@[Mary] The belle muse is strong today

Long May She Reign

Mary glances at the young girl, a mane that is webbed like a fish. Mary can only wonder the traits she carries, and more importantly what she plans to do with her traits.

But lets be real, Mary isn't one to pretend the world is a kind place. In fact, it needs those who cause harm, it instills fear and weeds out those who are took weak.

Her gaze finding the girls when she admits her torture on the mouse was in fact cruel. An answer she certainly didn't expect, but none the less welcomes. She nearly laughs when the girl admits her dislike towards the mouses tails. Well let's hope it becomes a strength, she shrugs. The outcome of that mouses life was truly irrelevant.

When Mary asks what the girls intentions are she plays back her own game. A grin tugs at her lips, what a wise girl, she thinks to herself. She listens as the girl admits she accidently crossed into Loess, even scolds Mary for her approach.

Loess isn't a home for weaklings, if my curiosity towards intruders sends them running, than so be it. her tone had little emotion, she had always been like that. Even when she was a ruler, warm welcomes werent her thing. If words were to harsh for an equine, than they werent fit for the harsher lifestyle of Loess.

The pink girl scans the horizon before finding Mary once again, this time she offers an introduction and asks for Mary's name. Belle, she says the name to herself, My name is Mary, are you just exploring other kingdoms, or seeking a new one? Again, her approach isn't warming, but she needed to decide if she was wasting her time.

MARY

@[Rebelle]

One finely scaled brow quirks upward at her admonishing tone, and I glance back to the fragment of mouse flesh at my feet. It's coated in dust and coagulating blood now, lifeless. My game has made for an awkward first meeting with this female, and thats as far as I regret it. 

I huff a bit impatiently as she lectures on this so called Loess. My ears prick only when she gives her name, which I set aside for future reference. Mary. A name as plain as the mare it belonged to. My teeth show in an icy grin as she wraps up her spiel, head tipped lazily to one side. "If I strike you as weak, then by all means, run me off. But this seems like an interesting place so far. Mind if I hang around?" 

I am intrigued by her claim that this was no place for weaklings. Fragile feelings and thin skins made for boring interaction. Where was the fun in walking on eggshells and hoping no one got mad at you for breathing? Gods knew I'd had enough of that. No, here I might actually find challenges beyond daily survival. It might be an option worth exploring, if I could get away with it. 

In an utter switch on my demeanor up till now, my face ignites with a beaming smile, a happy, girlish little crow hop bouncing me like a child. "Gee, miss Mary, I'd be ever so happy to call this place home." I giggle, a sound so foreign to me, I almost don't recognize it as mine. My vibrant wings flutter like a butterfly's, and for all the world, I could pass as a happy kid. Batting my eyes, I look at her like she's everything I ever wanted to be in life. 

@[Mary]

Long May She Reign

The girl was still young, but sometimes the younger the better. She is moldable still, able to guide her to a personality that fits the kingdom perfectly...of course her destructive ways seem to be a perfect fit already, she thinks to herself as she glances to the lifeless tail on the ground.

Her gaze turns back to the pink girl as she huffs, a brow cocking. The girl speaks, nearly pleading her  case of not being a weak equine. A grin tugs at her lips, and she gazes at the girl for a moment.

Sure, we can see if you can handle the dragons that live here. A hint of laughter in her tone. Loess, the kingdom infested with Castile's dragon blood, and plenty of rude equines. But those were the equines Mary liked, the ones who put up a fight to the end.

Her gaze once again finding Belle's, the girls voice different than ever before. Sweet, like a child, pleading to call Loess her home. Mary certainly didn't think she would ever find herself recruiting for the very kingdom she deemed an enemy, but here she was accepting her first applicant.

Yes, well let me show you more, the grey mare began to walk away, deeper into the wooded kingdom. And what do you plan to do for this kingdom? She asks, expecting the finned girl to have followed her.

MARY

@[Rebelle]

She thinks she's so clever, threatening me with dragons. If only she knew. Dragons have had an influence on my life since the day I was born, and I had spent the last little while in the company of my brother. His temper wasn't as bad as some, but I wasn't a stranger to the dangerous glow his eyes sometimes took on. As often as not, I was the cause of his ire. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but either way, it was easy to do. 

I smirked as she turned, shaking my head doubtfully. "I don't think that'll be an issue." Not for me, anyway. They might have an issue with me. Most horses did, and it was better that way. Today though, I'd play nice. I followed gamely along at the grey mare's hip, stepping lightly as a fairy. 

What could I do for the kingdom? An interesting question. No one had ever asked me to do more than stay out of the way. A bit of honesty, then. "I don't know what I'd be good at." Maybe they needed a professional pest. Someone particularly good at inciting violence. A dark giggle escaped me. "Probably nothing that involves making friends. I tend to rub others the wrong way." A shrug rippled my shoulders as we walked. "What kind of things do you usually have newbies do?" I asked her, genuinely curious. There seemed to be more structure here than I had expected. 

Following her through the scattered trees, I looked around, familiarizing myself with the lay of the land. It was a nice enough area, pretty in a way. Open enough to not be suffocating. That was important. Wherever I ended up, I had to have escape routes. I could put up with a lot, as long as I had a way out. 

@[Mary]

Long May She Reign

Belle was quick to shrug off the fact that Loess had some of the most dangerous equines living within its walls. Though Mary doesn't know that the girl is related to the dragon's, her suspicions lead her to the possibility of being an Ivar child, though she doesn't truly care to ask about it.

She does note a difference in the girls attitude, at first glance she was bold and could even be seen as rude, but now she acts like a young innocent girl. Her curiosity is truly peaked by her change, but still Mary does not look too deep into it, instead she continues to show her around the kingdom.

She inquires what her plans are for Loess, Mary was never a fan of slacking equines. Living in a kingdom, feeding off there protection but giving nothing back. The pink girl admits she doesn't know what she would be good at, and it shows that she has a lack of parenting, no one guided her through a diplomatic or warrior life.

Her eyes quickly glance to Belle when she giggles, though she follows it up by saying that she tends to rub people the other way. Mary can see that, but at the same time this is the perfect kingdom for her, snarky equines live here and that is just about the only attitude that they know how to interact with. Lastly, she asks Mary what she would have a usual new equine do, and a grin unfurls on Mary's maw.

Belle is the first equine that she has taken this much time with since she had ruled Sylva. When she was a ruler she had more of a reason to ensure her members are respectful and properly trained, though sharing advisor duties between two kingdoms leaves her with little spare time. Well, we have two castes, either the diplomatic or war. If you are as fiery as you say you are, than perhaps the war caste would suit you best. But then again a sharp mouth like your own could also be trained into a good diplomat. Mary wasn't the sweetest equine, she was once bold like Belle but through training and experience she has learned to be proper in her conversation's, how to speak with each type of personality.

MARY

@[Rebelle]

I followed her obediently, kicking at random stones in our path. Her description of the available jobs in this kingdom is all very interesting. However, I'm doubtful as to where I might fit in. There seemed to be an awful lot of rules involved in dealing with the general public, and I sort of didn't roll with that? 

It was super tempting to just bail while I had the chance. Super tempting. But I had to remind myself that anything was better than where I'd come from. I could pitch in if it meant a little bit of security. I could put up with quite a bit if it meant I never had to see my mother again. 

"Um... whatever, I guess. Just put me anywhere." I shrugged again. It didn't really matter. I'd fight anyone over anything, and it didn't make much difference if that was physically or verbally. I got the same satisfaction from crushing souls as I did from crushing bones. Not that it needed to be public knowledge just yet. As long as I had something to do, I'd be fine. 

This Mary seemed comfortable navigating here, like she'd lived in this territory all her life. Not that I had much to compare it to, but the rocky landscape seemed like a decidedly dull place to spend a childhood in. Unless that child was really into rocks and scrubby trees. 

"So like, are there kids around, or did everyone just kind of migrate here after puberty?" I asked, looking at the landscape. There were plenty of hiding places and switchbacks to get lost in. Probably plenty of other horses to fill in the cracks. And dragons. Couldn't forget those, now could I? 

@[Mary]

Long May She Reign

Mary had no idea the history of this girl, all she knew wad politics and how to pitch positions to equines. It was what she was best at, with a hint of manipulating situations her way.

Her gaze moves to the pink girl as she struggles on a decision, finally saying to put her anywhere. A small laugh escaped her maw very well, I think you'll make a fine warrior. We can always change your position if you don't like it. But truthfully, Mary thinks she would be best suited as a warrior.

She guides them through the kingdom, Loess, the home she was born into. Though Sylva was hers, and she would always claim it, she could never forget her childhood in the rocky mountains.

Again her gaze flicks to the pink girl, listening as she asks questions. This time she inquires about children in the kingdom. A smile tugs at her lips Of course there are children, lots of them actually. I could introduce you to them sometime if you'd like. Still she wasn't sure what it was about the pink girl, but Mary felt invested in her and wanted to see her development through.

MARY

@[Rebelle]