• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

The precarious edge looms near. Their eyes flicker with anticipation, but it’s Reia’s that flash with a heated flame to match the crackling along her crest.

This is to be expected, she thinks. This is the next step from childhood to adulthood, with someone she has known through the winding paths of life. Even when he didn’t seek her during those weeks and months, he rarely faded from her mind. In the wild coaster of her thoughts, Reia perceived the bite against him to be not only a hello, but also a claim. Their bodies touched in that moment, even it was forced by her, and she immediately tethered her wild heart to him. While she does not understand love, Reia at least comprehends possession. It’s much like when she chases scavengers away from her fresh hunt. Pteron is the meal, the grand treasure, and she refuses to release the iron grip she has on him. One day, she imagines, he will succumb and simply accept that this is their life, their future.

In attempt to subdue his comfort and underlying fear, Reia reaches forward and presses her muzzle against the broad plane of his cheek. In muted respect, she swallows the black smoke that threatens to tumble from her nostrils at having felt the warmth of his skin against her own. Her body is rigid when he reciprocates and nibbles the steady pulse at her throat. Her heart quickens briefly, and it reflects in the sudden acceleration throughout her body, but she only smiles at him with coy humor. There is no need to speak, no need to guide him further as he traces down her neck, then her shoulder. Underneath the hot tendrils of his breath, Reia closes her eyes. The fire hissing along her body slowly dies down to a low kindle. As she basks in his attention, she nearly loses grip of the world around them. Behind her eyelids, dreams and images swim and nearly feed into her excitement until Pteron suddenly jerks away and stops himself from continuing.

Reia’s eyes flutter open, but she does not retaliate with anger – not when her body is so accepting of him, of the possibilities. Her hardening gaze finds him quickly as he lowers his leg, putting a halt to their recklessness. Instinctively, she presses herself into him, the curve of her hip nestling into his chest. ”No it’s not,” she quips as her chin lifts defiantly, ”We both know it’s not enough.” Reia didn’t entirely know the extent of the desire until he finally touched her, breaching past his reluctance.

A breath holds, and her eyes glitter mischievously. ”Pteron,” she breathes his name into the cool air, enjoying the taste of it on her tongue as she forces a gentle approach on herself. Arching her neck elegantly – for despite his meager insults that she is a lizard, she knows in her heart that she is fiercely beautiful – she tilts her head to regard him more sweetly. ”I’m yours,” she whispers, smiling at him despite how her thoughts churn like an ocean during a storm. And you’re mine, she doesn’t add.  

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Pteron is weak.

Not in every aspect, but in this one, in the way that seems the most important. The inner voice that had so sharply declared that he does not want this has grown no quieter, and still chants a determined: ‘no no no’. When he pulls away, startled by his own reflection, it all but crows in victory. Emboldened by this unanticipated achievement, Pteron feels stronger, takes a deep breath and makes to pull away. He’s braced for a visceral reaction from her, a snap of her teeth or a kick of her heels. What he doesn’t expect is the way she pushes against him even as he pulls away. He’s not ready for the way her golden hips fit against his chest, or the staggering effect that the smell of them will have on his mind.

He tears his eyes from them, from the way she’s fit them together, and his scowl is thunderous. It matches the low rumble of his voice, strained by the internal battle. "Stop it, Reia."

His body and Reia want the same thing, but his mind wants another. He wants to run into the woods, even if she pursues him with fire, to hide among the trees until she loses interest in a half-century. His mother had tried to warn him of the possessive nature of dragons, but he had thought perhaps his childhood friend was an exception. She is not, it turns out, and she will not take no for an answering when it comes to gathering her hoard.

He wants to run, but he is weak.

His name between her lips is a sucker punch, the arch of her mostly-white neck a second blow, and way she slides her hips across his chest finally knocks the wind from him entirely. ‘I’m yours’, she tells him, and then he makes it so. Pteron has heard many stories about what this might be like, but nothing had quite prepared him for the truth of it. It is easy to give in to instinct, and to shut away the inner voice that reminds him he is ‘weak weak weak’. The heat that had sparked when he had gotten carried away kissing her returns a thousand fold, and even the scorch of her flaming mane is dim against it.

Some bitter part of him had thought he might be rough with her, might take this single change to teach her a lesson. Yet each time he means to bite her, the touch instead becomes a caresses, at first tasting, and then finally teasing. His vengeance instead comes in the little gasps he can elicit from her by doing this and the way she moans when he does that. Reia had been so insistent about this, and now Pteron understands why. This is by far their most pleasurable adventure, and yet as he slides off her, sweating and more than physically satisfied, he breathes soft words into her ear that he’d been too weak to say before.

“That will be the only time,” he promises her, “You are not mine. I am not yours.” She’d not said the last outside, but she is a dragon. They are all the same.

@[Reia]

-- pteron --