• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Occasionally, things will go a little too perfectly.

Every little piece falls exactly where she wants it to, and how ironic that he helps her put them into place. He makes sure that she doesn’t run out of anything. His thoughts are rampant with confusion, even if his face tries so hard not to show it. She couldn’t deny that that had always been her favorite part; watching them try to disguise the truth that spilled from their minds. When they tried to act like they weren’t splintering apart from the inside out. That was the part of her that was truly malicious – not just mean, not just kind of a bitch, but that dark, sinister part of her that she tried to keep at bay, because even she was disgusted by it sometimes.

But only sometimes.

He asks why she isn’t queen with Lie, and all she can do is offer a careless shrug of her shoulders, casting her gaze aside to something in the distance in a feigned disinterest. “I don’t know. They met in Hyaline, maybe they thought it would be a good idea to always keep one of them there,” she answers with a certain flatness to her voice, as though she was already growing bored by this conversation.

But there is something in his last words that draws her gaze back to his, the dark blue of her eyes glittering with the simper that doesn’t quite touch her lips, when she utters softly. “Everyone does love a love story, Brigade, but not everyone gets to have one.”

She lets the weight of that settle, before suddenly straightening and chirping with maybe a little too much delight, “Well, this was a fantastic chat, but I really should be checking on the twins now. Draco is a handful, though I can’t imagine where he gets it from.” She moves to step past him then, but not before casting a glance over her shoulder and offering sweetly, “Also, it should only take you a few hours to get to Hyaline if you fly fast.”

With that, she disappears into the autumn blaze of the forest, listening for the rustle of wings taking flight that she was sure would come. 

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )