• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    Erio doesn’t realize how the name of their mother is falling deeper into the mud. With every conversation he cannot help to admit the ache of his heart when he recalls her grimaces and glances of doubt. Even in his first introduction with father, mother could only mutter how small Erio is. There is no doubt she had expectations; every mother wants their children to be perfect and without abnormalities. Alas, life and fate often enjoy games. Unfortunately, it is at Erio’s expense.

Valdis wanted her son to be fierce like Sinner, to be as perfect as Dracarys. Unable to meet those standards, the boy vents his frustrations to multiple others without understanding what consequences may arise from his loose tongue.

Smiling with the balm of his sister’s voice, he finds himself agreeing even before he quite grasps what she says. There’s a fortitude that ignites an inner flame in his young soul, kindled by Dracarys’ reassurances and opinions. ”I suppose so,” he mostly thinks aloud as his nutmeg eyes lift to regard her before dreamily casting aside toward the rolling hills. It’s his ambition to explore the world, to understand it, but he is hindered by his small legs and their low stamina. ”It would be wonderful to experience Beqanna, to truly see it…” he trails off, almost cringing at the idea of the physical exertion, but more so of complaining again to his eldest sister. ”One day,” he resolves with forced optimism.

Even his forced smirk shifts into a bright expression of sincerity and bubbling laughter when Dracarys advises against telling mother. ”I promise I won’t!” His plumed tail wags excitedly ad he whirls in a playful circle before looking up at her again. ”She would absolutely behead me,” even as the painfulness of the truth escapes him, it somehow still spills from his lips with exuberant humor. ”Maybe we can try exploring together.” His heart soars at the idea of remaining so close to her. She is a security blanket now, an image of comfort. Leaning forward, he presses his face to her leg. ”You’re the best big sister.”

erio

@[Dracarys]