• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I have never been nothing; meraxes

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

Sylva has grown too quiet. It was not up to her liking to be left in silence. Her father had been rather busy to pay her any attention after the war erupted between Loess and Tephra. But she was glad to know that her father was not much around to give her the attention. She couldn’t bare to see him much after she had found him swaddled together with his co-ruler, Mary.

At first it had been shocking, and even then, she was unsure of what to do. What was she supposed to do? She didn’t even know what was happening really. Not until she saw Mary get a big belly like her own mother that it confirmed she was pregnant. Dracarys knew a thing or two about babies. It wasn’t hard to put together with what her mother had told her when she had a little sibling coming on the way. But she doesn’t like to think about that. It put a rather nasty taste in her mouth. She was definitely too young to even think about that kind of stuff right now.

Dracarys didn’t find it much of a loss to leave Sylva behind today. It happened now and again, especially when her parents did care where she went and gone. But with her mother’s being stolen away, things had changed drastically for the young blue spotted girl. She needed to find her and the only place she knew where to go was Loess. Loess was where she had family, and just maybe that was where her mother would be. She wouldn’t blame her if her mother knew what her father had done either.

The journey through the autumn forest to the rocky mountain hills of Loess was quick. She wishes she could have made the journey differently though. Dracarys hated her hooves. She hated walking. Why couldn’t she have her dragon wings now? Why couldn’t the fairies just make her a dragon like her mother when she asked all those months ago? Doing a quest sounded rather pathetic to her.

The girl snorts in irritation at the idea as she reaches the border of Loess. She considers stopping and waiting for someone to find her, but Dracarys has never cared about rules. Her grandfather ruled this place after all, she would get a free pass surely. But she was beating on that mostly as she passes over the border and moves quickly to the heart of the kingdom. “Mother?” She shouts out along the way. “Mother! Are you here?” She was sure her mother would be here.

character info: here | character reference: here

@[meraxes] Scuffed post. Still trying to work her out <3
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

m e r a x e s

even at the best of times i'm out of my mind

So it seems that Malone has gone and gotten himself a girlfriend, and it just so happens to be the lady that took Meraxes’s eye in the first place.

Meraxes is happy for his little brother – of course he is – but he can’t help but feel a little jaded about it as well. Of all the girls, it just had to be the one who made him do all sorts of mischievous things and then ripped his eye from his head, rendering him half blind? He gets that Malone had bargained with his own heart to get his big brother an eye back – even if it’s not even his eye – but why the trickster mare? Let’s not even get him started on the fact that his little brother has more game with the ladies, and he’s going to be a father come springtime.

Jealous doesn’t even begin to cover it.

It bothers him sometimes, being so alone here, if one could call it that. He supposes that his social exile has mostly been self-imposed; his jealousy has kept him from speaking freely with his brother, for fear of what he would reveal in his envy, and with Ophanim mostly in Sylva with Starsin, he doesn’t even have his father to lean on and confide in. He could go off and find Cyprin again – he had so much fun with her that day! – but he doesn’t know if she’ll even remember his face, it’s been so long. Who would’ve thought that the gold-and-white son of Ophie would be so shy?

He is near the border when he hears a girl calling for her mother, and he makes his way towards the noise curiously, peering from behind a tree to look for the voice. It is a girl, maybe his age or so, and he decides at once that he’s never seen her in Loess before. So why is she here looking for her mother? Curious and trying to find the confidence he had as a foal, he steps up towards her, head tilted curiously. “Not to state the obvious, but I’m not your mother,” he tells her as he approaches, smiling with more confidence than he feels.

“I don’t think I’ve seen anyone around here that looks like you, either,” he adds, halting a few feet away. “I’m Meraxes, by the way.”

@[Dracarys] Big Grin